Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England

Think about it he has 5 picks on the season his contract is up at the end of the year and every pick he gets his price tag just keeps going up up and up I mean I want him to be a Pat the rest of his career but this price tag is way to high now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Re: Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England

Yes Bodden probably did work his way out of here if he doesn't want to take less money.  He has been a great bargain and deserves his success.  Credit the kid for taking advantage of his opportunities. 

In Response to Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England:
    Think about it he has 5 picks on the season his contract is up at the end of the year and every pick he gets his price tag just keeps going up up and up I mean I want him to be a Pat the rest of his career but this price tag is way to high now
    Posted by Zeoli42

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Bodden made a smart move rejecting the Patriots 4 year, $16 million offer in favor of a 1 year deal.  He will get far more than that after the season, whether it's from the Patriots or someone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

He spent the first 6 years of his career in Cleveland and in Detroit. 

Doors will definitely open, but it depends on what he wants to do with his career. He knows what it is like playing for really bad organizations and now a really good one. Money might not be the only factor in his decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

It is an uncapped season coming up so a Bodden deal may get done, of course Wilfork is priority #1, and he will be getting BIG $$$.  We can only hope it is here.  Bodden and Butler with Wilhite in nickel situations looks pretty good for the next couple of years, if they can get a deal done.  This is the best secondary they have had in a number of years.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Probably, it seems BB likes to get his secondary at the bargain basement.  Unfortunately sometimes it shows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England:
    Yes Bodden probably did work his way out of here if he doesn't want to take less money.  He has been a great bargain and deserves his success.  Credit the kid for taking advantage of his opportunities.  In Response to Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England :
    Posted by kittycat6969

Well Said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Hopefully he takes Wilhite with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He will probably get the money, but he probably wont get the same results.  Just because he does good in NE doesnt mean he will do good anywhere else.

How many people actually heard of bodden before he came to NE? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Man some of you are so pessimistic. Just enjoy the fact that he got 3 INT's today and deal with next season when it comes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think if he gets a ring, he is tempted to move on.  But losing is hard on the soul, and he has done ALOT of it.  The sweet nectar of success may mean more than a pile of cash.  Plus, we may pay him.  4 mil a year isnt bad, either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

If he can keep improving and can get picks in big spots in the upcoming weeks and the playoffs, then he might be gone. 

However, I would love to see him stay here and continue to develop in the system with Butler and Wilhite.  I think those 3 would create a great tandem of DB's in the future. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bill doesn't pay WRs, CBs, or RBs. If he doesn't want that 4 mill a year, he won't stay next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

He will probably get the money, but he probably wont get the same results.  Just because he does good in NE doesnt mean he will do good anywhere else. How many people actually heard of bodden before he came to NE? 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Well, most people with a working knowledge of NFL football players had.  He was really good in Cleveland, got a good contract, and was in the news when Chad Ochocinco called him the best cornerback in the NFL after Bodden shut him down a couple times in 2007.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by Zeoli42

I hope he did.  I hope teams overlook the fact that his pics are the product of poor passes and not outstanding technique and or coverage.  I've watched him very closely and he really lacks ball skills, and doesn't know when to look for the ball.  He lets the receiver play him instead of vice versa...  I can't wait for Butler to become totally ready to take  over.  I will rather have Bodden instead Springs though that's not saying much...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England : I hope he did.  I hope teams overlook the fact that his pics are the product of poor passes and not outstanding technique and or coverage.  I've watched him very closely and he really lacks ball skills, and doesn't know when to look for the ball.  He lets the receiver play him instead of vice versa...  I can't wait for Butler to become totally ready to take  over.  I will rather have Bodden instead Springs though that's not saying much...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

Just wrong.  Bodden doesn't have the ball skills of Asante Samuel, but he is better in man coverage.  He is the most physical corner the Patriots have had since Ty Law.  He doesn't gamble, so his picks aren't flashy, but he's done a better job in man coverage than almost any corner we've had in the BB era.  I don't know what you're seeing with him but his coverage skills are much better than you are giving him credit for.  I agree that Butler will be great, but Bodden is a very good corner, and those are hard to come by in this league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Oh and ya, Shawn Springs is a complete bust.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England : Just wrong.  Bodden doesn't have the ball skills of Asante Samuel, but he is better in man coverage.  He is the most physical corner the Patriots have had since Ty Law.  He doesn't gamble, so his picks aren't flashy, but he's done a better job in man coverage than almost any corner we've had in the BB era.  I don't know what you're seeing with him but his coverage skills are much better than you are giving him credit for.  I agree that Butler will be great, but Bodden is a very good corner, and those are hard to come by in this league.
    Posted by pyegian

Nothing personal here, but I'd love to debate this with anyone.  I've even started posts on this subject.  Early in  the season, there were more 1st downs caught in front of our starting DB's than any other pair of STARTING DB's of any other top echelon team.  That's why Bill made the changes he did.  Teams were moving the ball up and down the field on short passes in front of Bodden and Springs.  PATRIOT NATION is famous for "In Bill We Trust", then trust he put Wilhite on REGGIE WAYNE (single coverage) for an entire game for a reason.  Go review the TD Garcon burned him for on NFL.com and then we'll discuss it in length.  It typifies his shortcomings...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by Zeoli42
    I dont understand why he got one year,and springs got a multi year deal.they just gave alexander an extension.it should be bodden getting it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Did Bodden Just work his way out of New England : Just wrong.  Bodden doesn't have the ball skills of Asante Samuel, but he is better in man coverage.  He is the most physical corner the Patriots have had since Ty Law.  He doesn't gamble, so his picks aren't flashy, but he's done a better job in man coverage than almost any corner we've had in the BB era.  I don't know what you're seeing with him but his coverage skills are much better than you are giving him credit for.  I agree that Butler will be great, but Bodden is a very good corner, and those are hard to come by in this league.
    Posted by pyegian
    actually bodden does.most of samuels picks came from tip passes,or under thrown balls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Bodden has been pretty solid, but let's face it, two of those INTs were thrown right at him because Sanchump was horrible.

And yeah Wilhite was burned, but he has had good position and a chance to make a play on the ball.  Unfortunately for Wilhite, the QB in the past two weeks made some spectacular throws on plays when he gave up a TD. So it ain't like my man was 5 yards behind the defender.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Bodden turned down other possible multi-year offers this off-season for a 1 year deal for the chance to up his stock with the Patriots. i think he was gone regardless and his performance only further seals the deal. The Patriots need another corner like Ty Law. That's what this defense has been missing that made them so great against passing teams like the Colts. Still I like how Bodden has played so far. It's hard to believe he was relegated to the winless Lions last year. Also, say what you want about Sanchez gift-wrapping a couple of those picks but sometimes you have to give the defender credit for being in the right position to make plays. One pick can may be an aberration but you have to be doing something right if you get 3.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This secondary is much improved and will be even better next year if they can keep Bodden and McGown and by then Butler will be the other starting CB and Merriweather at Safety that is a very good defensive backfield for 2010. Wilhite and Chung's also there and thats alot of tallent growing up on this team but they need Bodden to be that Vet presence in my opinion and just as important is the beast from U.Maine as you see he just shuts down the tough TE's out there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He spent the first 6 years of his career in Cleveland and in Detroit.  Doors will definitely open, but it depends on what he wants to do with his career. He knows what it is like playing for really bad organizations and now a really good one. Money might not be the only factor in his decision.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Good point, sometimes when a player has played on the worst team they will take a little less to play for the best.  Let's hope Bodden is wise enough to figure this out...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by Zeoli42

Man, a glass half empty guy! I am glad to have the win, looking forward to NO and figure Bodden will be here for that game.. Leave tomorrow for tomorrow, today's problems are enough for today.

After we win the SB then we can worry about players making bank off a great year.

Sections
Shortcuts