Did Boston.com decide this is hate on Tate week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Did Boston.com decide this is hate on Tate week?

Been reading through the messages here and see quite a few comments about "Tate s*cks, get rid of him" or "bench him". Funny thing is, a lot of them are coming from posters I've never seen before acting like they are fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Re: Did Boston.com decide this is hate on Tate week?

After watching the game again on today, I seen Brady give Tate a bit of confidence after he missed the ball.  That was a good sign that Brady is the leader of this team.  I think Tate took what Brady told him and kept his head in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well. Just about every week Tate drops a crucial TD or 3rd down pass when he gets open.

There were a ton of posts after the Balty game when Hern dropped two OT passes. And a bunch more when Gronk dropped two and fumbled two. But both of them came back with outstanding efforts, and had some outstanding efforts prior to those games.

Tate's been great on special teams, but has been uniformly missing some fairly routine catches. I think the frustration is kind of building .. especially in light  of the fact that he is probably the best athlete on the field when NE's offense takes the field.

It's a bad trend. Let's hope he can get it together. He is starting to get open more, he just has to start holding on to passes that are right in his belly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It won't get any better if he continues to drop very catchable balls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Like I posted on another thread, the good news is that Tate's case of the drops is not an extension of how he was in college.  In fact, his scouting reports all said that he has exceptional hands.  He showed that early this season with a few terrific catches.  Obviously, he's in a bit of a mental funk right now, but he'll snap out of it, because unlike some players he actually does know how to catch the ball. It's all in his head.  This can happen to 23 year old players.  Patience is key.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

And by the way, the Bethel Johnson comparisons are really unfair considering Johnson had one of the worst attitudes ever to play for the Patriots during the BB era, and Tate is a likable guy who puts in the work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Tate will work his way through this. He's young and trying to do too much. I fully expect by season's end: Brady to Tate & Branch will evoke terror in defenses.

Tate's a high character guy. He can only get better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Give the kid the rest of the season at least.  He started the season with good ST results, so much so that the other teams are directing kicks away from the middle of the field.
    As a WR I'd have to agree that he has flatlined, but this is essentially his rookie year.  I remember Brady gushed about him in camp.  I don't recall him doing that with Bethel.
    His drops are probably nervousness more than lack of concentration.  I have a feeling he'll take a slant to the house against Cromartie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Outside of his drop, teams kick away or shorten their kicks in fear of his returns.

He also had the flu recently.  Boston fans always need a whipping boy.

Edelman, Merriweather, now Tate.  Next week it will be  someone else, but one constant is there:

O'Brien.

haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

In Response to Re: Did Boston.com decide this is hate on Tate week?:
    [QUOTE]He will be fine, Gronkowski had a bad week against Cleveland and then came back strong. So will Tate
    Posted by grammbo14[/QUOTE]

Rob Gronkowski has been consistently good this year for the Pats, the Browns game was an aberration. This kid is a beast. He has been a punishing-devastating blocker and a huge red-zone presence (6 Td's).On the Other hand, Brandon Tate has been consistently inconsistent. Although he looked great as a kick-returner early in the season, he has not shown as much as a wide-receiver all year, and he has regressed as a return-man.
    Hey I hope this kid does get better, but I'm really starting to think we're looking at the second-coming of Bethel Johnson.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hey gronk had a bad game then had the game of his life never know.

Theres a reason they gave the kid an end around after him dropping a pass. They like the kid and alot. 

Sections
Shortcuts