Did Denver 'Go For It'?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Did Denver 'Go For It'?

I've read more than one post on this board regarding how the Pats should 'go for it' before Brady, etc. etc.  I'm wondering if that is what Denver did - go for it I mean. 

If you believe Denver went for it, how did it work out?

If you believe that Denver did not, had they done so, how do you think it would have worked out? 

Serious thread.  Not trying to bait or be sarcastic.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Did Denver 'Go For It'?

This thread should be titled "Jerry Angelo is an Idiot".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's not a matter of "go for it". It's a matter of the GM making less stupid decisions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

This thread should be titled "Jerry Angelo is an Idiot".

Assume you're referring to this: 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4758273/angelos-view-on-misguided-pats-plan

If so, yeah, it certainly looks that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It's not a matter of "go for it". It's a matter of the GM making less stupid decisions.

I like the positive spin you place on your observations, Babe.  'Less stupid' - an optimist's dream.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

....Sign Maurice Jones Drew and go find the best FB either in the draft or FA and get Brady under Center.

Not a Develin fan? I thought he did a nice job, wasn't utilized all that much but did well when he was in there.

As for the question of the OP, the idea of "going for it" is just a code word (phrase) for the BB haters. What it really means is "BB is the worst GM of all time because he made too many bad draft picks and trades down all the time and didn't sign Dashon Goldson and Kraft is cheap and they're wasting Brady's last few years." But that's too hard to say.

Every team that signs an overpriced FA or trades up in the draft is "going for it" according to some. They point to isolated events or meaningless data to prove their point. But in the end, all they're really doing is expresing dissatisfaction with the player personnel choices, not the approach.

Because the Patriots approach is identical to every other team in the league, except, if anything, the Pats are more aggressive and more creative, and unafraid to try different things and to make mistakes. BB has job security so he can be bold, most GMs are scared of losing their jobs, so they play it safe. 

Seattle was widely praised (and rightfully so) for their late round and UDFA players.  Yet, when the Pats have some of those guys on their team, we hear it's because they're idiots and that's why the team is mediocre.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

LOL!

Nope!  Denver didn't!  Gomie ran his shotgun spread base as John Fox was sipping on his coffee all night and Denver didn't go for it. lmao

Good one, ATJ. You have to call out the frauds here.  You've got a full-on look as to why the shotgun spread base is so easy to defende with a healthy D, and the morons here still sit there acting all confused.

Absolutely priceless.

Sign Maurice Jones Drew and go find the best FB either in the draft or FA and get Brady under Center.

Maurice Jones Drew isn't interested in playing in NE.  He is afraid of the cold.  Get a good WR threat and get that defense up to par, ridiculous to see how far behind this Patriots defense is when we watch a Seahawks D like last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Maurice Jones Drew isn't interested in playing in NE.  He is afraid of the cold.  Get a good WR threat and get that defense up to par, ridiculous to see how far behind this Patriots defense is when we watch a Seahawks D like last night.

In fairness, the Pats were playing fine before all the injuries, but even if they're not as good as Seattle when healthy, they're not alone. There is not a comparable defense, outside of maybe San Fran, in the NFL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In fairness, the Pats were playing fine before all the injuries, but even if they're not as good as Seattle when healthy, they're not alone. There is not a comparable defense, outside of maybe San Fran, in the NFL.

I saw more pressure on Manning in 1 qtr last night by the Seahawks then I the Pats put on QB's in entire games!!  BB needs to rethink how he is coaching defense and bring in the type of players who can get that type of pressure down after down.  And please get a good safety to take Gregory's spot, and never let Arrington line up outside ever again.  BB better have been taking notes last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I saw more pressure on Manning in 1 qtr last night by the Seahawks then I the Pats put on QB's in entire games!!  BB needs to rethink how he is coaching defense and bring in the type of players who can get that type of pressure down after down.  And please get a good safety to take Gregory's spot, and never let Arrington line up outside ever again.  BB better have been taking notes last night.

They did pressure him more, no doubt, but I really thought be pussed out. Had happy feet even when there was nobody near him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wait a minute now!  I thought that pressuring the QB meant sacking him (and, yes that was sarcastic).  I see it repeatedly stated on this board that pressuring the QB isn't good enough - sacks are required.

How many times did that crushing Seattle D (and, yes, they were crushing) sack PM?  Don't bother to look it up:  they sacked him once. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I like the positive spin you place on your observations, Babe.  'Less stupid' - an optimist's dream.

You know Geez, you are one of the very few homers left that I don't have on ignore. I hope you're flattered. It's quite a tribute.

I think this new approach by me has improved the name calling issue around here. I've had the Village Imbecile on ignore for maybe three weeks. Nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

You know Geez, you are one of the very few homers left that I don't have on ignore. I hope you're flattered. It's quite a tribute.

I think this new approach by me has improved the name calling issue around here. I've had the Village Imbecile on ignore for maybe three weeks. Nice.

I feel like I was just awarded the Navy Cross.

There is absolutely no doubt in my retired military mind, Babe, that you have elevated name calling to an art form. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

It all comes down to line play

Our Oline is good against most teams but not the best teams

Our Dline is not quite there on pressuring the QB with only 4

I keep hearing how it was the shotgun that cost us. Not really the oline made no holes for the traditional type runners against Denver.. And btw neither did Denver or Seattle yesterday. TB didnt have play action going for him.

Mankins had a terrible games and Wendell is too small - Maybe connelyy shoukd be the center and Cannon goes to RG with Seabass coming back? and we get some one more in the draftere. We need to improve the Oline and Dline, get a big SS hitter and hope we hae a Talb like player if not Talib.

And I also saw where a certain somebody also laid our loss on some injuries - like Gronk and TAlib? I think that is right. lol

With any traditional dropback QB the 5 yds behind the center is the prime real estate.And that is what Parcells predicted -  and the winner of that battle was Seattle. And its what happens to us when we lose

Seahags were also faster everywhere and I didnt realize their SS was so big.

I dont think as constituted in the afccg we would fare too well agisnt Seattle  

Btw - listening to cowherd - in the cases where the qb has thrown for 50 tds . 30 of them came in Sept and October. They also come in clusters against poor Defenses. And this year Denver / PM did more than their fair share of that. i never thought the Offesnse taht good - espeillay alte in the year

BTW - PM did run into Sherman this morn and PM was very classy and concerned over his injury. And too - PM and TB are pretty good friends - started when PM called TB when he got injured. Am not a PM fan - but he is not the devil either. And to that point Sherman was very understanding of the mistake he made after the SF game. So i have a lot of respect for him.

And lastly - this game is fast becoming a young guys game more and more. I think BB sees this and it is no surprise that the Patgs are the 2nd youngest team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is this...

Jonathan Fanene, Armstead, Gregory, Gallery, Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Gonzalez, Fells, Schiancoe, Ballard, Adrian Wilson, Michael Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, Ocho Cinco, O'Neil Haynesworth, Galloway, Holt, Fred Taylor, Jon Lynch, McGowan, Bodden, Shawn Springs, Tully Banta Cain, Trevor Scott, Burgess, Tebow, Donald Jones, Steven Gregory, Butler, Rasi Dowling, Cunningham, Wheatley, Maroney, Price, Ron Brace, Tavon Wilson, Tate...

Going for it? Because if it is, we go for it better than anybody! LOL!

This is how our team has been built over the last five years - there is not a GM in this entire league that wouldn't be fired for all that. Not a one, but our's really isn't a GM, so he can't get canned. 

Let's go for it again! Woot woot!

And let's not forget that GM gave a murderer a 45 million dollar contract - now he didn't know he killed people - but he sure knew this wasn't some good guy we are talking about here either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Is this...

Jonathan Fanene, Armstead, Gregory, Gallery, Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Gonzalez, Fells, Schiancoe, Ballard, Adrian Wilson, Michael Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, Ocho Cinco, O'Neil Haynesworth, Galloway, Holt, Fred Taylor, Jon Lynch, McGowan, Bodden, Shawn Springs, Tully Banta Cain, Trevor Scott, Burgess, Tebow, Donald Jones, Steven Gregory, Butler, Rasi Dowling, Cunningham, Wheatley, Maroney, Price, Ron Brace, Tavon Wilson, Tate...

Going for it? Because if it is, we go for it better than anybody! LOL!

This is how our team has been built over the last five years - there is not a GM in this entire league that wouldn't be fired for all that. Not a one, but our's really isn't a GM, so he can't get canned. 

Let's go for it again! Woot woot!

And let's not forget that GM gave a murderer a 45 million dollar contract - now he didn't know he killed people - but he sure knew this wasn't some good guy we are talking about here either.

Hernandez may have committed murder, but he said the right things too the media, which is all that seems to matter in NE.  

Welker and his foot jokes on the other hand was the worst of the worst in BB's eyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

^ The work of a genius.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts