Did I miss a thread?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Did I miss a thread?

Was Brady Quinn in Foxboro on Monday?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24646046/report-patriots-worked-out-qb-brady-quinn-monday

I like this a lot, not because I like Quinn, but the theory put forth in the article (by Reiss) is what I've been saying all along.  If only Mallett can have a good preseason game or two the Pats can trade him before week 1 and a veteran will be brought in to back up TB.  JG is not going to be TB's backup if Mallett is dealt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Did I miss a thread?

People have been talking about Mallett getting traded for 3 years now.  Think they will ever figure out that it isn't going to happen?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People have been talking about Mallett getting traded for 3 years now.  Think they will ever figure out that it isn't going to happen?  

[/QUOTE]

I continue to hope.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, Garoppolo is far behind as a rookie (which is to be expected). Mallett isn't going anywhere the year. I'd be shocked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, Garoppolo is far behind as a rookie (which is to be expected). Mallett isn't going anywhere the year. I'd be shocked.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked as well but if a desperate team makes a good offer, he SHOULD be traded.  If the Pats don't intend on resigning him, it's better to get something for him than to let him walk away as a FA in my opinion. More than likely it's the Pats just kicking tires on Brady Quinn. Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Quinn falls into a class of player experienced in the Patriots system.  Quinn played for Romeo Crennell and he played for Josh McDaniels. 

This class of player typically sits untouched until November, when the phone might ring.  Let's say that the Patriots were down to the Garopper in week 12 and they needed an experienced though modestly proficient QB for two weeks.  Who's ready?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Quinn falls into a class of player experienced in the Patriots system.  Quinn played for Romeo Crennell and he played for Josh McDaniels. 

This class of player typically sits untouched until November, when the phone might ring.  Let's say that the Patriots were down to the Garopper in week 12 and they needed an experienced though modestly proficient QB for two weeks.  Who's ready?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Vinny or Doug . . . both would get the call before they put Garoppola in there . .  . truth be told he does not look any better than Tebow (but Tebow could at least run) . . . on the days I attended camp I thought that Edilmen's throws back after a catch was on par with Garoppola's throws . . . this looks like one of their worse second round picks ever and they have had a lot of real bad ones in the second round!