did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?

methinks this is a very badddd introduction to the nfl big leagues mr. vitt. take your "compliment", twist it sideways like so, bend over and push it where the sun dont shine. as the clear GOOGLE of this board, i think calling us calling us the GOOGLE of the Nfl would have been a real compliment for they are the best and biggest of them all with no real end or competitor in sight esp with their stock price and value.

they are very conservative but still cutting edge with loads of cash on hand and able to always be on top of the heap regardless of how much things change, they do too many things very well. they are grinders, no masses superstar founders and publicity-seeking great leaders (well, never mind). the facebook of the nfl would be cutting edge but it cuts close with all their blatant spying you know and complete disinterest in others' PRIVACY.

perhaps even the APPLE of the NFL would be a great compliment for how creatively and tight bb runs his ship while still being creative and staying on top of the competition. i would consider the cowboys as the blackberry of the NFL (fallen way back from glory with a now outdated approach and technology) and the Jets are the T-MOBILE of the nfl (always at the bottom when the dust settles with retreating signals regardless of loud you initially start).

OF ALL THE companies, the ultimate "insult" is calling us the microsoft for it really does hit too close to home in truth. they are a bumbling and stumbling plateaued former behemoth relic with enough cash and looks to always be in the big game discussion but not talented and gritty enough to actually win most of their big games anymore. that stock price hasnt moved in like 10 years (my sources tell me they are about to split the company in two). kind of like us since the 2004 super bowl (the last peak).

TB is clearly now the MICROSOFT of QBs, with brees and rodgers being like the more prolific tech guys. the giants are more like the Apple of the league (always winning despite all the threats, drama and accusations around them). the saints are clearly more like FACEBOOK. very innovative and plagiarizing but always pushing the rules to the breaking point and taking PR hits (this will not end nicely). had big stock offering that was rising to the stars but like the actual facebook have come down dramatically with actual scrutiny of the facts and the business model (kind of like penn state as well).

anyways, by the end of the season, i hope we are viewed as the GOOGLE and ANDROID of the NFL as we hold the future belichick trophy way up high (lomabardi is kind of doomed to be the MICROSOFT of ex-coaches once bb is done) way up high!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Re: did JOE VITT just insult us, TB, BELICHICK and MR. KRAFT or tell the PAINFUL truth???

We are the apple of NFLs eye

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: did JOE VITT just insult us, TB, BELICHICK and MR. KRAFT or tell the PAINFUL truth???

Not sure how you managed 4 paragraphs on this topic. CC is the Bear Stearns of this forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

nah I go with lehman bros as he is bankrupt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

It is what it is

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What the hell are you talking about? There are only about 3-5 true OS software companies out there, compared to all the NFL teams that compete against each other. Software companies don't deal with "cap space" on how many people they can hire to help their corporation....These companies are about profit, Pats are about WINNING! The profit Kraft makes off winning is the whole point of the NFL, stop comparing apples to piles of cr@p. It's not the Patriots/Kraft's problem other teams suck and only care abut making an extra few millions for the guys at the top instead of spending that money on quality scouts and players.

Your basically talking about perception is reality and I for one don't give two squirrel shats about what some guy thinks he thinks of the Patriots organization. We are winners, hater are gonna hate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

CC could have said it all in one sentence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

CC could have said it all in one sentence.

Ha ha you really think that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?

This is shameful.  You are embarrassing your fellow Pats fans.  You have become the proverbial sister in a "horse" house...

Please give us peace of mind and tell us you are really a Jets fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?

I really don't think you're a Patriots fan.  Like at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm surprised that he didn't play the race card on this one. I wonder if his Mom knows he's posting this stuff?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?:
    [QUOTE]This is shameful.  You are embarrassing your fellow Pats fans.  You have become the proverbial sister in a "horse" house... Please give us peace of mind and tell us you are really a Jets fan.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    hey caraway we go way back.. please bring back the DINOSAURS or the tank avatar. of course i'm a PATS fan, so much so, i think we should aspire and be viewed far "better" than freakin microsoft. like you saying you're 50 and i coming back with how u dont look a day over 49, or calling tb the radio shack of quaterbacks or the walmart of qbs or the reebok of qbs.. a great compliment shoul start with he's the TIFFANY's of quaterbacks or the NIKE of qbs.  btw, caraway, you're the NAVY of posters....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Here is some information about your beloved Apple, I am certainly glad the Pats weren't insulted by being called the Apple of the NFL.

http://www.outsaurus.com/2011/08/01/outsourced-apple-500000-jobs/

They have outsourced 100% of their manufacturing to China where they pay half a million workers $0.51 (thats 51 cents) an hour to build all of the i-Crap.
    Apple employs about 40,000 people in the US, about 75% of them are in lower paying retail jobs at the Apple stores.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?:
    [QUOTE]Here is some information about your beloved Apple, I am certainly glad the Pats weren't insulted by being called the Apple of the NFL. http://www.outsaurus.com/2011/08/01/outsourced-apple-500000-jobs/ They have outsourced 100% of their manufacturing to China where they pay half a million workers $0.51 (thats 51 cents) an hour to build all of the i-Crap. Apple employs about 40,000 people in the US, about 75% of them are in lower paying retail jobs at the Apple stores.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]frankly COMRADE, i dont think bb or kraft would have a problem with this. called a good biz model. can hear billy now, its good for our corporation and shareholders so we do it. we are paid to do whats best for the company and we keep that inhouse. rinse and repeat 10 times til the reporters lose to attrition. you think the bruins care that all but 2 of their players are NON-americans. U THINK BB would care i 90 percent of the players came from europe or asia if they were the BEST? i own some apple stock, this stat doesnt bug me at all COMRADE! perhaps its time that US cities compete with the global world and give better tax breaks and incentives so they make more stuff here!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

So you are not really any kind of a Communist or a Contrarian, you are another capitalist who couldn't give shtts about anyone but yourself. And even though Microsoft continues to grow and be profitable, even though their operating system and software runs 84% of all PCs in the world, and even though they have created and support a fully integrated set of applications that almost all major businesses worldwide use, and even though their software has been responsible for the largest number of jobs created in the greatest expansion of wealth the world has ever seen, it is some kind of insult to be compared to them because you are just another brainless MSNBC follower who listens to the Microsoft is the Devil drivel..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]So you are not really any kind of a Communist or a Contrarian, you are another capitalist who couldn't give shtts about anyone but yourself. And even though Microsoft continues to grow and be profitable, even though their operating system and software runs 84% of all PCs in the world, and even though they have created and support a fully integrated set of applications that almost all major businesses worldwide use, and even though their software has been responsible for the largest number of jobs created in the greatest expansion of wealth the world has ever seen, it is some kind of insult to be compared to them because you are just another brainless MSNBC follower who listens to the Microsoft is the Devil drivel. again, .
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]first of COMRADE, i have never said i was a COMMUNIST. i own a business development enterprise and have to make payroll and yes i do OUTSOURCE all my workers (to other businesses), thus i am a very proud capitalist. i'm the opposite (CONTRARIAN) to communists and dictators. name was a retort when my cousin's communist-moderator got taken down and my nephew's kool-aid-contrarian were likewise stunted. i do not believe microsoft is the devil, but i do prefer the "do no evil" approach AND business model of GOOGS! again, goog has been far better for its shareholders than has MS.. the stock has beeen as flat as kate moss' chest for YEARS! ultimately, thats the bottom line COMRADE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot? : Microsoft has paid quarterly dividends to its shareholders for the past 8 years. Google has never (as in NEVER) paid a dividend to its shareholders, Apple has not paid a dividend since 1996. The average of those dividends (per quarter) has been about 13 cents per share. If you own a million shares, that is $130,000 dollars per quarter that your 'flat as Kate Moss' chest stock has returned to their share holders, or about a half million dollars per year per million shares owned. Do no evil? As in the Chinese labor factories the Apple junk is made where employees are forced to work 70 hour weeks at $0.51 an hour and there were many suicides? As long as its not in your backyard, right??
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]y do u keep fox-newsing me in order to push your propaganda? i said apple overall was likely better then MS but i clearly insisted that i PREFERRED google. do no evil is GOOGLE's motto, not apple's. i'm not particularly crazy about companies like romney who go way out of their way to stiff the american tax system when this great nation has given them so much.

make an argument that microsoft is BETTTER than glogle. if you browbeat enough, i would cave in to your Apple points. i do not buy apple or microsoft products where there is a choice. i own a blackberry (from past association, talking 2004) and an ANDROID phne and related-tablet. i have an old i-pod. i do not like the i-phone or the i-pad. i think apple will be a fossilized niche company just like MS in a few years but with a more passionate tea party-like core always there to gobble up everything in reverence of their founder and the PAST like the crackberry acolytes. the future belongs to GOOGLE and AMAZON.

i probably should have emphasized those two and put apple, facebook and MS in similar categories! thae pats being the AMAZON or GOOGLE of organizations is a great complement for they are trending unstoppably up. i have no real defense for apple, i just dont care that much! their stock will be trending down soon like MS'!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?": [QUOTE]Here is some information about your beloved Apple, I am certainly glad the Pats weren't insulted by being called the Apple of the NFL. http://www.outsaurus.com/2011/08/01/outsourced-apple-500000-jobs/ They have outsourced 100% of their manufacturing to China where they pay half a million workers $0.51 (thats 51 cents) an hour to build all of the i-Crap. Apple employs about 40,000 people in the US, about 75% of them are in lower paying retail jobs at the Apple stores. Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE] When u call apple products, i-crap it means that u have never used one. And if u have used one and still think its crap then guess what apple has market value higher than any other company on this planet. If u want to argue about a FACT then i cant help u. As far as outsourcing goes, all companies (successful ones) do it so stop being a protectionist and get with the program its called GLOBALIZATION

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?": [QUOTE]He doesn't get what you're talking about, SportsFan111. He's a 20 year old kid who has never completed a college course, nor does he get out much. You're wasting your time. Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE] And u do? If u r waving ur college degrees here, then u should know that paying out dividends is not the full picture for return on investment. Dont take side with one because u dont like the other person CC. Coz then u seem ignorant

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?": When u call apple products, i-crap it means that u have never used one. And if u have used one and still think its crap then guess what apple has market value higher than any other company on this planet. If u want to argue about a FACT then i cant help u. As far as outsourcing goes, all companies (successful ones) do it so stop being a protectionist and get with the program its called GLOBALIZATION
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]COMRADE REALITY, where u been all this time SANPAT. these soft kool-aiders on this board sometimes a healthy heaping of strong vodka!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot? : COMRADE REALITY, where u been all this time SANPAT. these soft kool-aiders on this board sometimes a healthy heaping of strong vodka! Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE] Not here to take sides...Just a PATSFAN here...cant wait till the evening.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot?": And u do? If u r waving ur college degrees here, then u should know that paying out dividends is not the full picture for return on investment. Dont take side with one because u dont like the other person CC. Coz then u seem ignorant
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

No, dividends do not show the whole picture. Maybe this will make it clearer. If you had bought 1000 shares of each stock the day it had its initial public offering...

Microsoft Opens March 13, 1986 at $25.50

Buy Mar 13, 1986 1000 shares at 25.50 = $25,500 initial investment

Sept 21, 1987 - 2:1 split you now have 2000 shares

Apr 16, 1990 - 2:1 split you now have 4000 shares

Jun 27, 1991 - 3:2 split you now have 6000 shares

Jun 15, 1992 - 3:2 split you now have 9000 shares

May 23, 1994 - 2:1 split you now have 18000 shares

Dec 9, 1996 - 2:1 split you now have 36000 shares

Feb 23, 1998 - 2:1 split you now have 72000 shares

Mar 29, 1999 - 2:1 split you now have 144000 shares

Feb 18, 2003 - 2:1 split you now have 288000 shares

Closing Price on 8/8/2012 = $30.33

$30.33 * 288000 shares = $8,735,040

Microsoft has paid $4.11/share in dividends since it stopped doing the splits

288000 * $4.11 = $1,183,680

$1183680 + $8735040 = $9,918,720

Net Profit = $9,918,720 - $25,500 = $9,893,220

Google Opens August 19, 2004 at $100/share

You buy August 19, 2004 1000 shares at $100 = $100,000

Google has had No Splits, Google has paid No Dividends

Closing Price on 8/8/2012 = $642.23

1000 shares * $642.23 = $642,230

Net Profit = $642,230 - $100,000 = $542,230

Is that a little clearer?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

1.  CC, you are an idiot
    2.  I would be proud to be called the Microsoft of ANYTHING.  Software company started by a dropout, sold bunches of software, outsmarted IBM to come to dominance of the computer world, successfully keeps it's crown for 20+ years, beats Novell at the server OS game, beats Lotus at the SS game, Netscape at the browser game, Sony and Nintendo at the video game game, sets the standards for online gaming, had the number one productivity software for about 15 years straight, makes bucketloads of cash, has made more millionaires than any company in the world, it goes ON AND ON.  Microsoft isn't about soft and pretty, they are about getting the job done and being number 1.  I'd love to be called the Microsoft of anything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]1.  CC, you are an idiot 2.  I would be proud to be called the Microsoft of ANYTHING.  Software company started by a dropout, sold bunches of software, outsmarted IBM to come to dominance of the computer world, successfully keeps it's crown for 20+ years, beats Novell at the server OS game, beats Lotus at the SS game, Netscape at the browser game, Sony and Nintendo at the video game game, sets the standards for online gaming, had the number one productivity software for about 15 years straight, makes bucketloads of cash, has made more millionaires than any company in the world, it goes ON AND ON.  Microsoft isn't about soft and pretty, they are about getting the job done and being number 1.  I'd love to be called the Microsoft of anything.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]YEP YEP, SO HOW COME LIKE US, THEIR STOCK PRICE HAS PLATEAUED FOR 10 YEARS? no rings.....! there is no more growth, they just living off their rep!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: did JOE VITT just insult all of PATS nation or tell the PAINFUL truth with his "MICROSOFT of the NFL" cheapshot? : YEP YEP, SO HOW COME LIKE US, THEIR STOCK PRICE HAS PLATEAUED FOR 10 YEARS? no rings.....! there is no more growth, they just living off their rep!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^This is why people are sure you are not a real Patriot fan^^^^