Did Ridley get put in the dog house again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did Ridley get put in the dog house again?

Didn't notice a thread on this, but after his fumble did Ridley get put in the dog house? Vereen got a lot of reps after that and I don't think Ridley went back in until late, late in the 4th qtr when subs were going in.

Who comes out as the starter vs the 49'ers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Did Ridley get put in the dog house again?

In response to TFB12's comment:

Didn't notice a thread on this, but after his fumble did Ridley get put in the dog house? Vereen got a lot of reps after that and I don't think Ridley went back in until late, late in the 4th qtr when subs were going in.

Who comes out as the starter vs the 49'ers?

whoever bb thinks helps us win. '

i liked bolden in these 2 games to get the highest # of carries (bit of a sledgehammer)

my guess knowing bb, prob ridley. certianly i wouldnt punish ridley for 1 fumble would just be hurtign the team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

nah, Reiss reported Ridley had 9 more snaps after his fumble and before the end of the half. The 2nd half it looked like was gameplanned more to Vereens talents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not sure the fumble played any role in his playing time and given how well he's played this year I doubt that he's in anyones dog house. If yoy watched the play, he was stood up by two players one of them "choking him" around the neck, while the 3rd one stripped him of the ball. If anyone should have been chastized for fumbling it was Woodhead for not keeping the ball in close to his body and allowing it to be punched out from behind...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Not sure the fumble played any role in his playing time and given how well he's played this year I doubt that he's in anyones dog house. If yoy watched the play, he was stood up by two players one of them "choking him" around the neck, while the 3rd one stripped him of the ball. If anyone should have been chastized for fumbling it was Woodhead for not keeping the ball in close to his body and allowing it to be punched out from behind...

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Woodhead fumbled, too. If BB wants, he can go with Vereen and Bolden, but to rush Bolden back would cause a serious hammy pull and Vereen isn't as good as Ridley. 

Two fumbles in a year isn't worthy of a doghouse, especially when you average 4.5 yards per. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

nah, Reiss reported Ridley had 9 more snaps after his fumble and before the end of the half. The 2nd half it looked like was gameplanned more to Vereens talents.

I didn't see this, thanks for posting the info.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Woodhead's fumble was a designed play.  Lloyd was in a perfect position to jump on the ball in the end zone.  It will be impossible for other teams to prepare to defend against plays like this going forward. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If Ridley got into BB's doghouse I can't imagine how deep Alfred Morris would be if he played for the Pats, he has 6 or 7 fumbles this yr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Believe Ridley had the first carry of the following offensive series, so the answer would have to be no.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

If Ridley got into BB's doghouse I can't imagine how deep Alfred Morris would be if he played for the Pats, he has 6 or 7 fumbles this yr.

Morris has fumbled 4 times, losing 3 of them... Ridley has fumbled 3 times, losing 1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Let's hope not. Too productive to keep him off the field.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

When you watch the game don't you see who is in there? Ridley was in often after the fumble. THey have been using Vereen and Woodhead in packages and in rotations with Ridley all year (Bolden before he was suspended). So why the question?

I do think Bolden looked strong in his chances at the end of the game and that will likely help get him back into the rotation especially when they are wanting more of a pounder. But I think Ridley will get the msot carries of any one back. Nice to have FOUR really productive RBs and with a wide range of talents. Outside of having that one truly world class back like Peterson I think this is the best GROUP of backs in the league for depth and flexibility of offensive strategies and packages.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Morris has fumbled 4 times, losing 3 of them... Ridley has fumbled 3 times, losing 1.

Sorry you are correct mb. I thought it was more cause I knew he has had 3 in the last 4 gm's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to dmpc's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

When you watch the game don't you see who is in there? Ridley was in often after the fumble. THey have been using Vereen and Woodhead in packages and in rotations with Ridley all year (Bolden before he was suspended). So why the question?

I do think Bolden looked strong in his chances at the end of the game and that will likely help get him back into the rotation especially when they are wanting more of a pounder. But I think Ridley will get the msot carries of any one back. Nice to have FOUR really productive RBs and with a wide range of talents. Outside of having that one truly world class back like Peterson I think this is the best GROUP of backs in the league for depth and flexibility of offensive strategies and packages.

It's funny how last year everyone "on the team" (ie, fans) wanted to cut Woodhead.

I'm a fan and I never wanted or stated that they should cut Woody... would assume that most fans felt the same way... your statement should be framed as "It's funny how last year all unintelligent Pat's fans wanted to cut Woodhead."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like Ridley but I love Vereen.  So I'm happy if Vereen gets some quality snaps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the way Ridley and Hernandez carry the ball make me hold my breath every time they have the ball. Ridleys spin move also gives me high blood pressure

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Niners have 4 FFs, I think. Pats have 14. Turnover differential has been great all year. When I mentioned that ball security will be important it's because both teams have players that hit hard (Whitner, Willis/ Spikes Jones for the strip sacks). Ridley has done I good job, but the Niners D is the best in the league and they have great players at all three levels. Be interesting to see how they perform if McD goes no-huddle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I like Ridley but I love Vereen.  So I'm happy if Vereen gets some quality snaps.

I used to feel this way too but then I noticed how Ridley hits the hole a lot harder and faster, Vereen doesn't as much.   I like Ridley a bit better in the run game.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts