Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?

His comments, Brady had lots of opportunities to make plays and he didn't. Now I don't have a problem with that and I agree but couldn't he have followed up with he's been out more that a year and it with take a while for the offense to begin to gel.

Rodney they need to move you away from Dungy.

And Dungy's comments Manning had knee issues too. uhhhhh I don't think it was the same

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?

No, he told the truth and Brady would be the first to admit it.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?:
    [QUOTE]His comments, Brady had lots of opportunities to make plays and he didn't. Now I don't have a problem with that and I agree but couldn't he have followed up with he's been out more that a year and it with take a while for the offense to begin to gel. Rodney they need to move you away from Dungy. And Dungy's comments Manning had knee issues too. uhhhhh I don't think it was the same
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Dungy is an a-hole IMO. He is made out to be a choir boy when he is truly just a snake. He always takes cheap shots at the Pats whenever he can.

BTW...LOL..good one with the kiss my avatar!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Game - your post makes me think a few things. 

1.  Harrison has a new job and it is not with the patriots.

2.  You've now defined yourself as incapable of any objectivity at all where the pats are concerned.  You expect all media outlets to say nothing but glowing things about all things pats and when they don't, they are haters.  Facts are facts here my friend. 

3.  Manning did have knee issues, and while Manning's issue was not nearly as severe, Brady had all year to rehab.  Remember everyone's off season posts back to Feb or Mar.  "oh brady will be fine.  hes throwing fine.  nothing will stop the pats this year."  I begged all of you to temper your enthusiasm, but I was just a hater.  Ultimately, I was right. 

4.  Manning's issues were not nearly as severe, but he still had concerns like Brady.  Don't forget Manning had surgery in training camp.  While stability wasn't really the question, pain and  mobility were. 

5.  Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady.  Now some of this can be attributed to our very injured o-line, but it also goes on Manning. 

Wake up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Actually he is right, Brady wasn't throwing like Brady. Something was off yesterday.
    So Rodney is bad for doing his job and proper;y ana;yzing the game? Should he just hop on Tom's sack like you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?:
    [QUOTE]Game - your post makes me think a few things.  1.  Harrison has a new job and it is not with the patriots. 2.  You've now defined yourself as incapable of any objectivity at all where the pats are concerned.  You expect all media outlets to say nothing but glowing things about all things pats and when they don't, they are haters.  Facts are facts here my friend.  3.  Manning did have knee issues, and while Manning's issue was not nearly as severe, Brady had all year to rehab.  Remember everyone's off season posts back to Feb or Mar.  "oh brady will be fine.  hes throwing fine.  nothing will stop the pats this year."  I begged all of you to temper your enthusiasm, but I was just a hater.  Ultimately, I was right.  4.  Manning's issues were not nearly as severe, but he still had concerns like Brady.  Don't forget Manning had surgery in training camp.  While stability wasn't really the question, pain and  mobility were.  5.  Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady.  Now some of this can be attributed to our very injured o-line, but it also goes on Manning.  Wake up.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogg, u must be a Colts fan the way you are riding Manning's jock! Brady and Manning"s injuries are different I agree, but, Dungy still takes cheap shots is the point here. The year is still young too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I am a colts fan and the pats really have nothing to worry about except their defense.

Brady will regain his confidence in his knee and step into balls, but when the pocket is collapsing, he is not doing it.

Dungy is not taking cheap shots - give me a break.  typical homer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I agree with Underdogg on the comments.  Really seemed to be objective by both guys.  Honestly, who though Brady looked good yesterday?  He missed a sure TD pass to Edelman that would have changed the course of the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]I am a colts fan and the pats really have nothing to worry about except their defense. Brady will regain his confidence in his knee and step into balls, but when the pocket is collapsing, he is not doing it. Dungy is not taking cheap shots - give me a break.  typical homer.

HaHaHa Love the typical "homer" comment. What exactly do you think you were being when you were comparing Manning's knee to Brady's? You made about 3 comments in that post riding on the Colt. Go back to the Colts' message board!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Game - your post makes me think a few things.  1.  Harrison has a new job and it is not with the patriots. 2.  You've now defined yourself as incapable of any objectivity at all where the pats are concerned.  You expect all media outlets to say nothing but glowing things about all things pats and when they don't, they are haters.  Facts are facts here my friend.  3.  Manning did have knee issues, and while Manning's issue was not nearly as severe, Brady had all year to rehab.  Remember everyone's off season posts back to Feb or Mar.  "oh brady will be fine.  hes throwing fine.  nothing will stop the pats this year."  I begged all of you to temper your enthusiasm, but I was just a hater.  Ultimately, I was right.  4.  Manning's issues were not nearly as severe, but he still had concerns like Brady.  Don't forget Manning had surgery in training camp.  While stability wasn't really the question, pain and  mobility were.  5.  Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady.  Now some of this can be attributed to our very injured o-line, but it also goes on Manning.  Wake up.

Manning has very minor knee operation, Brady had a major operation.....there is no comparison....Brady's was caused by 1 play....Manning's was caused by playing with cows.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

wow now paid commentors can't even talk  aoubt how terrible Brady and the Pats played yesterday.  Does Rodney wear a pink hat now?  Is he a fairweather fan, a Bandwagon jumper?

I want Rodeny to call out the coaching staff of the Pats next week, they use to be the best halftime adjusters around.  Now all they call are 5 step drop backs and expect Randy to just run by the double coverage from the first play until the last. What is up Dante's Offensive Line they went from 5 pro-bowlers to the only guy I feel is of quality is Mankins and that is it.  How many penelties does #61 and #72 have this year?  3 or 4 apiece, their dump penelties have cost the Pats some key plays thru the first two weeks.

Oh yeah on Bos dot com you can't talk negitve about any Boston Teams when it is so clear that the teams are flawed.  Do fans like myself get worked up a little early in the year? Yeah, but when the teams you love watch lose on the same types of breakdowns, lack of execution and play calling it gets frustrating

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I guess you don't comprehend very well. 

What about this phrase is "riding on the colt":

Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady.

The only benefit of the doubt I gave Manning was that his offensive line was also injured.

Wake up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you don't comprehend very well.  What about this phrase is "riding on the colt": Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady. The only benefit of the doubt I gave Manning was that his offensive line was also injured. Wake up.

Who are you talking to and what the hell are you talking about???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you don't comprehend very well.  What about this phrase is "riding on the colt": Finally, Manning not only had knee issues last year, he had performance issues just like Brady. The only benefit of the doubt I gave Manning was that his offensive line was also injured. Wake up.

Underdogg, if you are too stupid to understand that I was calling you out for calling me a "homer" than don't even reply. I was pointing out that just as you were calling me one, that by your comments, you are a hypocrite. End of story!

What I meant by you "riding the colt" was that you are being a "homer" with your colts. Maybe I should have said that you were riding Manning instead!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hell no. Players will call it like they see it, writers will kiss the buttocks of the players. Rodney said it, Moss didn't want to seem like T.O. but he said it inconspicuously, Bill wanted to say it, The Jets knew it. 

He missed two TDs. One to Edelman and the other to Galloway. Whenever Giselle seems to be around, our guy seems to pull a Romo. If you think I'm wrong look at the two occasions that she made an appearance at his games. Both against the NYers (The Blue and Green), both resulted in a L in the standings. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Brady made bad throws all day, he could not manage the line of scrimmage (back to back delay of game penalties?????) he couldn't read the defenses and he looked lost.  Yes, the WR corps didn't do the job but he looked rattled all day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus? : Underdogg, if you are too stupid to understand that I was calling you out for calling me a "homer" than don't even reply. I was pointing out that just as you were calling me one, that by your comments, you are a hypocrite. End of story! What I meant by you "riding the colt" was that you are being a "homer" with your colts. Maybe I should have said that you were riding Manning instead!!!
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

night - I understood your initial post and responded to why it was incorrect.  That you missed that point and are back to the same point only suggests that in fact you are the stupid one.  

Bringing up Manning 3-4 times in a post is what alerts you to me being a colts fan not "riding on the colt".  Tell you what - you go back to my post and tell me where I was acting homer beyond this ONE statement (not 3): that some of manning's performance issues were due to an injury ridden offensive line. 

Good luck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus?:
    [QUOTE]His comments, Brady had lots of opportunities to make plays and he didn't. Now I don't have a problem with that and I agree but couldn't he have followed up with he's been out more that a year and it with take a while for the offense to begin to gel. Rodney they need to move you away from Dungy. And Dungy's comments Manning had knee issues too. uhhhhh I don't think it was the same
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

When they went to Rodney right after the game it looked to me like he wanted to cry over the loss. He looked wounded. It must have been really hard for him with Dungy grinning about it. They may not be Colts and Pats anymore but I think Rodney and Dungy will be totally biased for their old teams. I wanted to cry too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus? : Manning has very minor knee operation, Brady had a major operation.....there is no comparison....Brady's was caused by 1 play....Manning's was caused by playing with cows.....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    M10 - I agree that the injuries were very very different.  But my point still stands.  Brady had nearly a year to rehab (and every pats fan, I mean EVERY PATS FAN said he would have no issues).  Manning had the preseason. 

Brady's mental issues are stability related, while Manning's last year were pain and mobility. 

They are not the same injury but they affected the QB's in similar ways in their opening games.  The one difference is that manning also had a severely depleted o-line in his first four games (3 different lineups with 3 games missing 3 starters and one game missing 2)

Again, I will say that Brady will be fine once he trusts his knee.  Could be the next game or the 4th or 5th game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did Rodney Harrison throw Brady under the Bus? : Dungy is an a-hole IMO. He is made out to be a choir boy when he is truly just a snake. He always takes cheap shots at the Pats whenever he can. BTW...LOL..good one with the kiss my avatar!
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

Dungy takes cheap shots because the Pats beat the colts with stealing plays and not just signs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

dungy doesn't take cheap shots.  He beat the pats 4 of the last 5 games he played against them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSILK. Show TheSILK's posts

I agree with what you say, NEGAME, now with that said, I really dig the chaps....sweet!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think I was the only person who said the same thing on that thread. People become guilty of thinking athletes as good as Tom are invinceble or unhuman in their ability to do certain things.

As good as he is, he is human. You don't sit out a year, after smashing your knee up, and come back 100% ready to go. You just don't do it. It takes time to get back up to game speed, and it takes time to find rhythm.

I don't see any mobility issues. Which is a plus.

Likewise, like I said, Tom Brady is the least of the long term concerns here. He will come around. What is a concern is that Galloway, an unproven here in NE, basically ended the last two drives with drops. That cannot happen. He is the guy who has to be able to make the easy and medium catches when they double and triple cover Moss. And Welker's on-again-off-again injury bears watching.

The rhythm will come back.

On the plus side as well, the defense is actually playing very good, with a 33% 3rd down rate, and less than 300 yrds offense for both opponents. Lettng up just 16 points a game, when this offense finds its feet they will win a bunch of games.

Like I said, look for week 6-8 before this team starts looking good again. Before that, expect at least one more loss, and an ugly win or two.

And Rodney was just being honest. Tom wasn't the worst thing on that offense yesterday, but he certainly left a few plays on the field, including overthrowing Morris in front of the endzone, in what would have been a daylight TD from the 17.

The problem right now . . . Tom left a few plays, Edelman left a few plays, Moss left one REALLY big play by choking up on that fly route, and Galloway left a game's worth of plays on that field. Add it up, and they aren't going to score points, because they can't finish a drive without one bad drop, overthrow, or missed route.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLAFan. Show LLAFan's posts

Rodney is just doing his job and calling it like he saw it.  And he was right.  Brady has played bad for the last 2 games and it may not get better.  Yes is "supposed" injury was bad but did he do enough in the off season to get back in gear?  No.  Where did we see Brady most of the time - Carrying Giselle's bags, walking her dog, riding bikes.

And as much as I love the Pats and Brady - He is reminding me of a former Pat that I was happy to see go - Bledsoe.  The Pocket Man!  If you stand it one place, you will become predictable and that is what is happening.  Brady took chances before he became the golden boy.  Now he is depending too much on a line that is not experienced enough to protect him like that. 

Maybe if he had some fear of losing his spot then he would get his head out of the clouds and play his game right.  He knows first hand how it is to get replaced.  Dejavu!

Sections
Shortcuts