Did Some Homework

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Did Some Homework

Good job, now don't neglect the rest of your 5th grade studies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

And I thought the Pats dynasty was all about the ultimate team playing the ultimate team sport....my bad, it's been all about Brady all along

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Re: Did Some Homework:
    [QUOTE]Good job, now don't neglect the rest of your 5th grade studies.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

the fact  that you have time to write some 4800 posts leads me to believe you are in 5th grade yourself or jobless...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Some Homework : LOL. Hilarious reply
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

and with 6500 posts you must be his father...................great example to set.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Alright already. You've proven your point over and over. We get it. You're a knucklehead. Case closed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yes because lets not forget those power packed O games not won by the D like in

01':

Bills 21-11
    Alt 24-10
    Jets 17-16
    Bills 12- 9
    Phins 20-13
    Oak 16-13  Playoffs

03':

NYG 17-6
    Phins 19-13
    Dal 12-0
    Hou 23-20
    Phins 14-0
    Jets 21-16
    Ten 17-14 Playoffs

04'

Ari 23-12
    Phins 21-10
    Jets 13-7
    Phi 24-21  Superbowl

The difference between those SB years and this one Rusty is that they were teams. When the O was off the D could win them games and when the D was off the O could win them games. Heck even the ST's won them games on occasion. To break it down further if Brady was off the running game picked up the slack and if the pass rush was off the coverage made up for it.

As stands the O is to much focused on Brady winning games so if he's off they can't win and the D is rarely going with either pass rush or coverage. If the Pats from the 01-04 teams could face them now, they'd slap them for being a finesse team then beat them senseless on the field laughing the entire way

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL. Hilarious reply

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I don't see ANY QB, regardless of their ego, winning many or ANY games when the opposing offense gets to keep the ball for FORTY MINUTES of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Yes because lets not forget those power packed O games not won by the D like in 01': Bills 21-11 Alt 24-10 Jets 17-16 Bills 12- 9 Phins 20-13 Oak 16-13  Playoffs 03': NYG 17-6 Phins 19-13 Dal 12-0 Hou 23-20 Phins 14-0 Jets 21-16 Ten 17-14 Playoffs 04' Ari 23-12 Phins 21-10 Jets 13-7 Phi 24-21  Superbowl The difference between those SB years and this one Rusty is that they were teams. When the O was off the D could win them games and when the D was off the O could win them games. Heck even the ST's won them games on occasion. To break it down further if Brady was off the running game picked up the slack and if the pass rush was off the coverage made up for it. As stands the O is to much focused on Brady winning games so if he's off they can't win and the D is rarely going with either pass rush or coverage. If the Pats from the 01-04 teams could face them now, they'd slap them for being a finesse team then beat them senseless on the field laughing the entire way  
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the point of the post is. All they have to do is run the ball more and clearly this years defense will be as good as in 01 03 04.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Some Homework : I see your still bitter about the Members Only joke I hit you with since this is about the 4th attempted shot your taking at me...lol.  By the way I'm 47 and have already maxed out my 401K contribution amount for the year contributing at a rate of 18% every 2 weeks.  In case your interested I'm trying to decide which Shower Column to go with in my newly designed downstairs bathroom.  It's between the Porcelanosa Altir Steel and Apol.  
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I liked you right up until you did this.  Not that you care, just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Some Homework : the fact  that you have time to write some 4800 posts leads me to believe you are in 5th grade yourself or jobless...........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

I see your still bitter about the Members Only joke I hit you with since this is about the 4th attempted shot your taking at me...lol. 

By the way I'm 47 and have already maxed out my 401K contribution amount for the year contributing at a rate of 18% every 2 weeks.  In case your interested I'm trying to decide which Shower Column to go with in my newly designed downstairs bathroom.  It's between the Porcelanosa Altir Steel and Apol. Wink 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

RWTK

I would like your opinion of 'What would YOU do if you were the real Boss' Mr Kraft - Organizational wise, meaning any changes/improvements in Operations, coaches, The draft etc. Seems to me - at this point  - that some drastic changes need to be made win or lose on Sunday.

For example would Mr Kraft say to Bill. LQQK Bill we/YOU certainly look good every year by trading down for value picks - nothing wrong with that - and  gee Bill you hit on a couple like Gronk, huh? and Hern and Solder were nice ones Bill, and your a genius like they all say by trading down, But Bill, where's the beef?

How did we get this way now? When we sat down after you drafted Butler, Wheatly, Wilhite, Merriweather, McKensie, Spikes, Cunningham, Tate, Moroney and a dozen others you told me they were great value!!!  and you even traded up for Chad Jackson! Where are all the playmakers Bill? Then you cost me $6 mill for Chad the one that loves you?

Dunno Bill but I'm thinking of bringing in Dr.Phil to add a segment to your NFL movie, I'll pay Dr Phil to come in a do a study and just go on doing the things your doing, don't worry about him. Well I'm gonna be always truthful with you Bill as I do chat with Willy, Tedy and Rodney regularly out of respect. Understand Bill? I know you save money by doing all these things yourself, GM, HC, DC and all that, so Bill, where does the  buck really stop?

As Owner and CEO I'm getting a bit tired of the latest results and remember Bill, the SB wins are ancient history now, get it! Years ago!

A Satire in the making? all have a good evening!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Did Some Homework:
    [QUOTE]No more excuses for the guys gameplanning (BB, Brady and O'Brien).
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I do not think it is game to game planning that is the problem. I think the issue is with the teams overall philosophy over the past five seasons. 

After the 2006 season BB lost his way. He decided that the NFL rules were changing too much to favor the offense and that was the only way he was going to win another Super Bowl. So he put together the "Greatest Show on Turf 2.0" and the same thing that he did to the Rams in Super Bowl XXVI was done to him. They choked both offensively and defensively in that game - 14 points by the O was pathetic, but 14 points allowed in the 4th quarter when the team had the lead twice was just as bad if not worse. 

Since then it has been more of the same - score first, defense second. 

This bend but don't break defensive system is a fraud. Giving up yards matters. Time comes off the clock and your offense does not get into a rhythm (regardless of if you want to pass or run). Who cares if you are good in the Red Zone if you lead the NFL in opponent Red Zone chances? We are allowing nearly two more trips inside our 20 per game than the teams at the top of the league. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did Some Homework : I do not think it is game to game planning that is the problem. I think the issue is with the teams overall philosophy over the past five seasons.  After the 2006 season BB lost his way. He decided that the NFL rules were changing too much to favor the offense and that was the only way he was going to win another Super Bowl. So he put together the "Greatest Show on Turf 2.0" and the same thing that he did to the Rams in Super Bowl XXVI was done to him. They choked both offensively and defensively in that game - 14 points by the O was pathetic, but 14 points allowed in the 4th quarter when the team had the lead twice was just as bad if not worse.  Since then it has been more of the same - score first, defense second.  This bend but don't break defensive system is a fraud. Giving up yards matters. Time comes off the clock and your offense does not get into a rhythm (regardless of if you want to pass or run). Who cares if you are good in the Red Zone if you lead the NFL in opponent Red Zone chances? We are allowing nearly two more trips inside our 20 per game than the teams at the top of the league. 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Actually, BB has squandered immense resourses on the D. But it just has not gotten done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" All they have to do is run the ball more and clearly this years defense will be as good as in 01 03 04."

LMAO. 

Paging Rodney Harrison....

On the other hand it's reassuring to know when our hall of fame QB plays completely perfectly we will have a good chance to win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Some Homework : I'm not sure what the point of the post is. All they have to do is run the ball more and clearly this years defense will be as good as in 01 03 04.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

You say it mockingly but there is some truth behind it. If you have a team that can score and a running game that can take large chunks of time off the clock when you are up it's a huge advantage to the D and can make them that much stronger.

The reasoning is that the other team needs to take more chances since they have less time on the clock to make plays and score and also forces them to become more one dimensional in the process. We've seen what happens when a team is forced to be one dimensional. You can sit back in certain formations and hide certain deficiencies. That's the funny thing about football is that it's a true team sport. Every aspect can affect another units play and it builds itself. If one aspect is weak and can be exploited it weakens the rest of the team. It use to be our calling card to expose other teams weaknesses and force them into a 1 dimensional battle which is hard to overcome. Now the tables have been reversed and one our O becomes 1 dimensional we lose. Nothing more nothing less.

As I said our teams in the SB era might not have had the best individual units in the league but as a team they were strong. Right now the passing unit is the strongest in the league but overall the team is weak. I just want to know when we became the Colts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Running well doesn't mean your defense plays better. All I see is a bunch of excuses for a lack of talent on defense especially the secondary. Not running the ball is an offensive issue and has very little signifigance on the overall D. Top 10 points per game teams and their rushing yard per game rank below. I see a bunch of teams that' aint that good at running the ball who somehow don't get scored on. Some of those offenses suck giving the other teams more chances to score but get stops magically. They all are top 17 in QB rating against on defense. Coincidence?

SF 6
    Bal 19
    Pitt 14
    Cin 21
    Houston 4
    Detroit 27
    Redskins 27
    Clev 29
    GB 24
    Jax 10
    Ten 32

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see ANY QB, regardless of their ego, winning many or ANY games when the opposing offense gets to keep the ball for FORTY MINUTES of the game.
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Dude, you can see it that way, but THE way to keep your D off the field is by the offense having long drives, using the clock, and allowing its D to be rested.  

If I remember right, last Sunday, the Steelers got the opening Kick off and went the length of the field in about 7 minutes. The Pats got the ball back down 7-0 and Brady drove them down the field for about 62 seconds in 3 whole plays, then they had to punt, and then only 5.245 players got a drink of gatorade, which means that 5.755 defensive players didn't get a drink- lol-, the Steelers ran the clock out and scored ending the 1st quarter.  So the Steelers had the ball for about 14 minutes, because the offense couldn't do anything scoring again making it 14-0 or 10 -0, and then to open the 2nd Quarter, the Pats one more time went 3 and out and now the Steelers get the ball back again, so now the time of possession is about 14 minutes to 2 minutes, so if the offense had held the ball for about 4 minutes each time, then the time of possession would have been about.  

We all agree that D is suspect, but the offense did NOTHING to help the D.  It is a team game.  Why is it that they lose to the Steelers because they get behind early and the offense freezes like it did in the 09 playoff loss to the Ravens.  IF the Pats don't have the lead, they tend to remain behind, and the D struggles because it gets no rest.  IT is much harder for any D to be out there more than its offense, because the offense dictates where it wants to go, and the D has to react, and if reacts wrong it becomes unbalanced and gets out of rythmn and gets tired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Running well doesn't mean your defense plays better. All I see is a bunch of excuses for a lack of talent on defense especially the secondary. Not running the ball is an offensive issue and has very little signifigance on the overall D. Top 10 points per game teams and their rushing yard per game rank below. I see a bunch of teams that' aint that good at running the ball who somehow don't get scored on. Some of those offenses suck giving the other teams more chances to score but get stops magically. They all are top 17 in QB rating against on defense. Coincidence? SF 6 Bal 19 Pitt 14 Cin 21 Houston 4 Detroit 27 Redskins 27 Clev 29 GB 24 Jax 10 Ten 32
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

tompenny, once again stats lie and they always lie.  It isn't about how many yards you get, but how many more options you get, and if you remember in 01 Smith was not that good, but the Pats still stuck to the Running game.  It uses up clock time and keeps your D on the bench longer. In the playoffs the running game was very useful as the holes opened up and was better than earlier in the season.  All that stuff is fantasy football crap.  No one is saying the D is great, but neither is the offense.  It is great at being a front runner, but when behind, the offense seems to be more and more of a hindrance.

Stats are for losers!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did Some Homework : I do not think it is game to game planning that is the problem. I think the issue is with the teams overall philosophy over the past five seasons.  After the 2006 season BB lost his way. He decided that the NFL rules were changing too much to favor the offense and that was the only way he was going to win another Super Bowl. So he put together the "Greatest Show on Turf 2.0" and the same thing that he did to the Rams in Super Bowl XXVI was done to him. They choked both offensively and defensively in that game - 14 points by the O was pathetic, but 14 points allowed in the 4th quarter when the team had the lead twice was just as bad if not worse.  Since then it has been more of the same - score first, defense second.  This bend but don't break defensive system is a fraud. Giving up yards matters. Time comes off the clock and your offense does not get into a rhythm (regardless of if you want to pass or run). Who cares if you are good in the Red Zone if you lead the NFL in opponent Red Zone chances? We are allowing nearly two more trips inside our 20 per game than the teams at the top of the league. 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous! When the offense gets the ball back it has a chance to get its rythmn, and it is more about responding to the pressure of being behind if the D bent and broke. The offense of the Pats since 07 has a huge problem scoring too fast and that is much more of a problem for the D than if the D is out for a long time bending and not breaking, and keeping the offense off the field. The D needs rest, and offense needs much less rest seeing it dictates the game and the D reacts and can get off balance, and this is a fact!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Some Homework : That's ridiculous! When the offense gets the ball back it has a chance to get its rythmn, and it is more about responding to the pressure of being behind if the D bent and broke. The offense of the Pats since 07 has a huge problem scoring too fast and that is much more of a problem for the D than if the D is out for a long time bending and not breaking, and keeping the offense off the field. The D needs rest, and offense needs much less rest seeing it dictates the game and the D reacts and can get off balance, and this is a fact!!
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Okay..I'll buy the relationship between the offense being able to hold on, move the ball, and play balanced and what/how our Defense does. It seems fairly logical that if an offense can maximize TOP/sustain drives, resulting in scoring, the Defense will have an easier time either preserving leads, or not having to play from behind too much when the game is close. 

That leads me to 2 questions...

1. IF the offense can do this week in and week out, can THIS defense win for us in close games? Meaning if we have a 3 point lead, or down by 3 late in the fourth and need the defense to come up big with a stop, can they delliver it the way they are constituted? 

2. OR, Can the offense win games for us? Down 3 or up 3 late in the Fourth, can the Offense keep the ball/run time off the clock, or go down in score to win for this team? 

Which unit do you feel more comfortable with at this point given #1 and #2 above? 

AND, if you answer NO to #1...why?
    AND, if you answer NO to #2....why? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Okay..I'll buy the relationship between the offense being able to hold on, move the ball, and play balanced and what/how our Defense does. It seems fairly logical that if an offense can maximize TOP/sustain drives, resulting in scoring, the Defense will have an easier time either preserving leads, or not having to play from behind too much when the game is close.  That leads me to 2 questions... 1. IF the offense can do this week in and week out, can THIS defense win for us in close games? Meaning if we have a 3 point lead, or down by 3 late in the fourth and need the defense to come up big with a stop, can they delliver it the way they are constituted?  2. OR, Can the offense win games for us? Down 3 or up 3 late in the Fourth, can the Offense keep the ball/run time off the clock, or go down in score to win for this team?  Which unit do you feel more comfortable with at this point given #1 and #2 above?  AND, if you answer NO to #1...why? AND, if you answer NO to #2....why?   
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

PatsLifer - tough one - I am not that comfortable with either.  I have been saying since 07 that this team has been such a front runner, that they have forgotton how to win games when they are close.

I have felt this whole time that Brady has lost his edge of being the player that can win in a dogfight.  Yes he did beat the Cowboys, and that was the best game I have seen this team play in the last 5 years.  Yes both sides made mistakes, and yet they both made the plays to win at the end, so I feel they are both capable, and then again no consistency.

I go with the D.  I am not at all comfortable in the offense in any situation when they are under pressure.  Brady even said after the Cowboy come back, that he would still rather be up by 3 TDs. Where is that part of him that loves having come from behind in a close game.  Isn't that one of if not the best thing we loved about him when he took over the team; that player who made you feel you could win every or any given game?

All great athletes crave those big games when they come from behind and win at last second the way Brady did. I don't think many great athletes spent their lives fantasizing about sitting on the bench with a 49-0 lead in the early 4th Q of the SB. That statement by Brady said something huge about how much he has changed; one of the great come from behind QBs ever, especially in big games, to a shell of that man as game after game that he falls behind, you rarely feel like he takes over with that winner attitude he once had.

The D seems to play best late, making stops in the Red Zone, so I will go with the D, but I still believe Brady has that MVP player inside him, and by MVP I don't mean passer rating, 55 TDs, only 4 pics and the like, but what I do mean is having the intangibles that rallys your team around him when the games are close, and they begin playing like they are methodically beating up the opposition as if they can't be stopped, and playing like they are up by 14 and gunning for more.  This team rarely looks like they have that control in a close game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2011. Show mighty2011's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Tcal just gets better and better.

Sections
Shortcuts