Did the Broncos fake injuries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Did the Broncos fake injuries?

It sure looked like they were using a thinly veiled attempt to slow down the Pats offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Did the Broncos fake injuries?

well it didnt work lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yes, and some of them were impersonating football players, though not convincingly. Get em ya big dumb tardo Goodell!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

All teams do that.  ALL of them, to include the Pats.  If the league made the player miss more than a single play, perhaps fewer teams would do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They were definitely trying to slow down the no-huddle.  It was a game played in 8 degree weather, and the Pats were laying some licks on those guys. 

Slowing down the no-huddle was literally their only attempt at trying to stop this offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Willie McG did it vs. the Colts in Indy.  But I've never seen any teams ever do it as often and as blatantly as I have see teams do it this season in the face of the Pats hurry-up.  Am I miscalculating?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Broncos fake injuries?:
    Willie McG did it vs. the Colts in Indy.  But I've never seen any teams ever do it as often and as blatantly as I have see teams do it this season in the face of the Pats hurry-up.  Am I miscalculating?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I can think of at least three times that the players were not even laying down and play was stopped. I guess if it is in the rules, than it is not illegal. However it is was it is, and maybe some rules ought to be changed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Remember the guy standing there, then turns to his teammate, they talk, and he suddenly grabs his leg and flops down?  Was it the Steelers?  I forget.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Remember the guy standing there, then turns to his teammate, they talk, and he suddenly grabs his leg and flops down?  Was it the Steelers?  I forget.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Love that little video you have of the "tuck". I live out here in Raider land and they have not gotten over it yet. I tell them fine, because we were finally vindicated after '76 phantom roughing the passer call. It is time for Raider fans to be angry for a couple of more decades.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgreen11211. Show dgreen11211's posts

Posted by chrisakawoody

It was the Giants.  Against the Rams.  Two players laid down at the same time.  Coughlin was livid. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

It happened to the Pats, too, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Did the Broncos fake injuries?:
    It sure looked like they were using a thinly veiled attempt to slow down the Pats offense.
    Posted by xBruzer77

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Happens every week and by every team...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by chrisakawoody

No, I think you are observing it correctly.  We have a potent hurry-up ofense, and that will cause it to happen a lot.  Sometimes I wish I had a stash of NFL films in my closet.  I'd like to go back to the old Jim Kelly Bills and see if they encountered the same thing.  The NFL just needs to make players who are "injured" take 3-5 plays off instead of just 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In Response to :
    No, I think you are observing it correctly.  We have a potent hurry-up ofense, and that will cause it to happen a lot.  Sometimes I wish I had a stash of NFL films in my closet.  I'd like to go back to the old Jim Kelly Bills and see if they encountered the same thing.  The NFL just needs to make players who are "injured" take 3-5 plays off instead of just 1.
    Posted by carawaydj

I think in some interviews, the plan during the Bills/Giants SB...players were told that if they feel anything, just simply go down and stay down.  They also were told kick the ball around so the refs couldn't set the ball, letting the Bills get lined up - that's a penalty now if teams do that.  Lastly, I belive they would get up slow when tackling their guys...just sit on them for a few seconds.   Anything they could use to stifle that K-gun, they did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

doesn't matter, they're gone...

Sections
Shortcuts