Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?

I couldnt really tell. I know Crennel is great at coming up with schemes to slow down a passing game. We saw how he did against us early on. Had brady running for his life until we settled down.

Their defense may actually be a worse unit than ours considering the personell. They have a great redzone defense like we do and this allowed them to hang around, but if a good team comes in and scores TD's in the redzone, they are an average team w/out Jennings.

Sure you still have Jordy and Driver, but they were complimentary to Jennings. If you can cover their tight end and pressure Rodgers from both sides so he can run to his right, you can have some success. It seems they lost a couple lineman in that game.

Anyways , I wonder if Romeo caught them sleeping or are they just fading down the stretch due to a long run catching up to them?  That team looked tired and obviously they can still get the bye, but they'll need it. I can easily see N.O. or even the Niners taking them out...

Remember how hard it was for us to win our last few games vs the Eagles, Giants, Ravens in 07? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?

Not sure either, but I think losing a game is actually a good thing for the Packers.  Brings them back to reality a bit and takes the pressure off.  Plenty of time to regain their momentum going into the playoffs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

They were exposed only to the extent that the media chose to ignore their flaws and wanted to give them the Lombardi before the season was over.  This game just brought their defensive/ OL issues into focus.  Obviously the loss of Jennings also hurt pretty bad.  It's tough to win consecutive SB's.  I wouldn't be surprised if they bowed out this year, but at the same time there really doesn't seem to be a dominant team this year.  Should make for a good postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I usually agree with that cables. I def. think the Pats could have used a loss as well.

BUT, When I saw Rodgers and others after the game they just seemed deflated about the loss. I guess they were really amped about 16-0, and it could humble them to work harder, but I saw a team that looked tired and reeling after the loss. They have the mental makeup going forward, but I question what that Team has left in the tank physically...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?": [QUOTE]They were exposed only to the extent that the media chose to ignore their flaws and wanted to give them the Lombardi before the season was over.  This game just brought their defensive/ OL issues into focus.  Obviously the loss of Jennings also hurt pretty bad.  It's tough to win consecutive SB's.  I wouldn't be surprised if they bowed out this year, but at the same time there really doesn't seem to be a dominant team this year.  Should make for a good postseason. Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE] Yeah I think you pretty much nailed it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Giants exposed the Pack.  The Chiefs finished the job. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

pass defense and offensive line seemed to be their downfall, i agree PC!

Some teams, the loss would benefit them, but I think they are done. They need a pick me up, and unless Jennings is coming back, I would put my money on the Saints...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I dunno, its tough to win 'em all in the NFL.  I wouldn't write the PACK's epitaph just yet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

Now with that loss they will repeat !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I'm not really sure NY exposed the packers , the just had the fire power to hang with them. KC played a great game from a defensive standpoint. They pressed , they rushed and stopped the run. I think most fans that watched GB this year knew the packers could and can be beat again. Most teams they played surprisingly played off the wr's. You need to get up in the face and make them adjust/change and routes. Especially Jennings , the guy is a stud and demands attention. He's proving it over time , he's a legit number one and is critical to there offense. His injury , plus a few on there offensive line will really test the resolve off this team. Let's make no mistake about this , the packers are only going to win on Rodgers shoulders. Keeping him healthy and upright are a must.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I agree that a loss will be good for the Pack long term.  Clearly losing Jennings did matter and the Pack can't just plug in anyone and not miss a beat, Jennings obviously sets up a lot of what they do in the passing game.

They don't run the ball well and have issues on defense but we knew that before they lost. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I actually think the Giants exposed the Packs' weaknesses in their loss.  Chiefs took advantage of a couple of weaknesses in that game.  Pack also lost one or two Olinemen in that game...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?:
    [QUOTE]I actually think the Giants exposed the Packs' weaknesses in their loss.  Chiefs took advantage of a couple of weaknesses in that game.  Pack also lost one or two Olinemen in that game...
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Did they lose the O-linemen for the season? If so that is big..hard to replace with qualitiy players this late in the year.

Rogers can get rattled...worse than Brady no doubt, especially since Brady has been pounded since 2007 (as the only way to stop him) and is used to it.

GB relies so much on Rogers bringing his A game this could all be very big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day? : Did they lose the O-linemen for the season? If so that is big..hard to replace with qualitiy players this late in the year. Rogers can get rattled...worse than Brady no doubt, especially since Brady has been pounded since 2007 (as the only way to stop him) and is used to it. GB relies so much on Rogers bringing his A game this could all be very big.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Uncertain yet, from what I'm hearing. One sounded serious, the other day-to-day. And I don't recall the names (sorry for the laziness!), but it may have something to do with Rodgers's look of dejection after the game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

packers are very good, still the best team although their offensive line is depleted with all of these injuries. that will hurt. the saints are the team that i would least like the patriots to face. imo brees and that offense would light up the patrtiots,and their defense isn't as bad as many say it is. not great but with that offense it doesn't have to be, much like the packers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day? : Uncertain yet, from what I'm hearing. One sounded serious, the other day-to-day. And I don't recall the names (sorry for the laziness!), but it may have something to do with Rodgers's look of dejection after the game. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Lol, Rodgers def. looked dejected. I guess thats the look of a Paris Hilton living in Compton and losing her Bodyguard!

He is probably thinking w/out jennings and his tackle, he is gonna have much more work to do to get back.  They had a good run, but they aint repeating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]packers are very good, still the best team although their offensive line is depleted with all of these injuries. that will hurt. the saints are the team that i would least like the patriots to face. imo brees and that offense would light up the patrtiots,and their defense isn't as bad as many say it is. not great but with that offense it doesn't have to be, much like the packers. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Definitely, Actually hope the pack has enough left in the tank to make the SB. NE can definately score many points on that defense. Don't really want to see New Orleans but would take it of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

They had a bad day. Every team has them, the Ravens have had 4 stinkers and they will still be tough to beat in the playoffs. The Steelers had a real stinker tonight also. Winning can mask deficiencies that may need to be adressed. Rodgers is still having one of the best seasons ever despite yesterday's clunker and they are the defending super bowl champs and they have proven they can win tough ones in the past. Burying them after one bad performance seems a bit much to me. If the Packers play like they did yesterday in the playoffs they are doomed. Just ask the 2010 Patriots what thats like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Did the Cheifs Expose the Pack, or did they just have an Off Day?:
    [QUOTE]I couldnt really tell. I know Crennel is great at coming up with schemes to slow down a passing game. We saw how he did against us early on. Had brady running for his life until we settled down. Their defense may actually be a worse unit than ours considering the personell. They have a great redzone defense like we do and this allowed them to hang around, but if a good team comes in and scores TD's in the redzone, they are an average team w/out Jennings. Sure you still have Jordy and Driver, but they were complimentary to Jennings. If you can cover their tight end and pressure Rodgers from both sides so he can run to his right, you can have some success. It seems they lost a couple lineman in that game. Anyways , I wonder if Romeo caught them sleeping or are they just fading down the stretch due to a long run catching up to them?  That team looked tired and obviously they can still get the bye, but they'll need it. I can easily see N.O. or even the Niners taking them out... Remember how hard it was for us to win our last few games vs the Eagles, Giants, Ravens in 07? 
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Crennel knows how to put together a game plan, but injuries are the Packers' biggest opponent right now

Jordy Nelson is a great #2 receiver, but not so good as a #1.  Greg Jennings' injury trickled down, even as far as Jermichael Finley, who the Chiefs could afford to double team

The Packers' offensive line is now in shambles.  The Giants already proved that you could get to Rodgers and rush him, and Tamba Hali reinforced this.

I wouldn't be stunned to see Detroit beat them in week 17.  The key game is next week against a good Bears defense but terrible Bears offense.  The Packers could lose out, which would make things very interesting, especially if the 49ers fall asleep at the wheel again and the Saints win out (or even if the 49ers steal the 1-seed and the Packers then have less time to get healthy before facing the Saints in the divisional round in the battle of #2/#3 seeds instead of having until the NFC Championship Game and knowing that the 49ers and Saints will face each other first)

If the Packers don't recover from those injuries, the 49ers got some very good film on ways to beat the Packers, because the 49ers are a rich man's Chiefs (Aldon Smith / Tamba Hali, Carlos Rogers / Brandon Flowers, Patrick Willis / Derrick Johnson, plus Danarro Bowman, Donte Whitner, Dashon Goldson, that other corner with 6 picks...)

The Saints don't benefit quite as much from the same film.  The Packers are now Saints fans kinda.  The 49ers match up better against the beaten up Packers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants exposed the Pack.  The Chiefs finished the job. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

The truth. And I think the Lions will go to Lambeau and expose them more.

Sections
Shortcuts