Did the passing game do ANYTHING today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Did the passing game do ANYTHING today?

NMPL, I would appeal to you, sir, to not waste any further of your time and energy on a sorry-a$$ poster whose very existence he owes to those he insults and berates.  He is not worth the post space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

With respect to the topic at hand, the weather conditions determined what would work and what would not.  Once again it appeared that the defensive game plan was intended to contain the run.  

Blount was a beast.  Why risk more passes than necessary?  Passing game did enough. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or did the running game, AKA Blount, put on a clinic today....

I'm not going to gloat.....not yet anyway.....

[/QUOTE]

Um...  it was kind of raining out...

[/QUOTE]

But that was exactly the entire point of my post....even the simple side pass looked ugly. This game had Bengals written all over it.....

It's not like we had a poor running game before this...we just didn't go with it..we toyed with it.

How do teams defend us now? Are we a passing team...a running team....

We get at least one home game....

The SB is in NJ in February....could even have weather simular to yesterday...and I don't believe SF or Sea could cope with it...

The Patriots....as a balanced team.....have as good of a chance as anyone....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

12-24 122 Yards. There were some errant passes. But the run game was the weapon of choice.

Edeleman gets 105 cathces for the year and cracks 1,000 yards.

Wes Welker 73 catches, 778 yards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it was raining. of course the passing game wasn't the focus.

[/QUOTE]

It was a drivng cold rain just brutal conditions.I don't think you can appreciate how difficult those conditions were. I have been going to games a long time and the only game i can remember that compares was an early december game in the early 90's against the redskins.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

It was great to watch the running game be so effective but also distrubing that the passing game was so pathetic.  Sure it was raining and it made sense to oi run but even when he Pats tried to pass it looked really really bad. 

You can blame Brday if you like.  His throws did look pretty bad day.  But he has no one to throw to besided Julian.  Edeleman has become Brady's new binky..but all the other binkys are useless.  Even an effective running game could not set up the passing game yesterday...

Current state of this team does not bode well in the playoffs.  The defense is just flat out painful to watch.

Having said all this they somehow finished 12-4 ... it is a gritty team I'll give then that !!!

I think this has been of on BB's best coaching jobs but he is also responsible for the impotent offense and he was forced to coach it up this year.   Sure circunsatnces played a part, inuries, murder etc but he gave Brady nothig to work with.  It's sickening to to see Gomer run up his stats with the boat load of talent he's been given.  Manning has always had a ton of talent arund him, both in Indy and Denver.  I would to see what Brady could do with that.  Manning has aways driven a Ferarri,  Brady a VW Bug.  Sickening !!!

Well... I've ranted mindlessly enough.  This year has been both frustrating and exciting to watch and maybe this flawed team is destined but boy there sure is a lot of doubts !!!

Does this team have enough smoke and mirrors to pull out of its behind to win 3 more game ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta love Rusty already blaming a game loss on Brady, two to five weeks before the game has even been played.

It's not like it's impossible that NE might not run so effectively in drier conditions, against a defense that isn't 28th against the run.

Then, that of course, will be Brady's fault ... just like it was last season when the Baltimore all-Ridley gameplan blew up in NE's face producing 13 points and a fumble in their own territory.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, we lost to miami like we lost sb 46 or sb 42.  This has been going on for years and years.

I have been very consistent wit my premises and just won yet another bet predicting cap hell and the ravens missing the playoffs.

People hate it when i am right.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, almost exactly like 42 & 46.

O has the lead.

Low, 8, possession game cuz the D can't get off the field.

D allows scoring on 4 of the last 5 possessions.

Brady regains lead.

D pukes up the lead again, with a minute or less left in the game.

Tannehill to Canton to join Eli.

Loss

Yup, been going on for years and years.

When will it end?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was great to watch the running game be so effective but also distrubing that the passing game was so pathetic.  Sure it was raining and it made sense to oi run but even when he Pats tried to pass it looked really really bad. 

You can blame Brday if you like.  His throws did look pretty bad day.  But he has no one to throw to besided Julian.  Edeleman has become Brady's new binky..but all the other binkys are useless.  Even an effective running game could not set up the passing game yesterday...

Current state of this team does not bode well in the playoffs.  The defense is just flat out painful to watch.

Having said all this they somehow finished 12-4 ... it is a gritty team I'll give then that !!!

I think this has been of on BB's best coaching jobs but he is also responsible for the impotent offense and he was forced to coach it up this year.   Sure circunsatnces played a part, inuries, murder etc but he gave Brady nothig to work with.  It's sickening to to see Gomer run up his stats with the boat load of talent he's been given.  Manning has always had a ton of talent arund him, both in Indy and Denver.  I would to see what Brady could do with that.  Manning has aways driven a Ferarri,  Brady a VW Bug.  Sickening !!!

Well... I've ranted mindlessly enough.  This year has been both frustrating and exciting to watch and maybe this flawed team is destined but boy there sure is a lot of doubts !!!

Does this team have enough smoke and mirrors to pull out of its behind to win 3 more game ???

[/QUOTE]

Brady, Belichik or anyone on the team will never use weather as an excuse but it was brutal there yesterday. Both teams struggled in the passing game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Yes, the passing game has to exist or the running game becomes more difficult. It was essentially just Edlemann and Vereeen yesterday, but there were enough shots and success downfield to keep Buffalo honest.

No doubt Pats will use the run to set up the pass in the playoffs... a great place to be. 

The slight dearth of healthy targets that can get separation last couple of games and the weather has forced NE to rely on the run and in turn find out they have one of the best running attacks in the NFL. When 2 of Thompkins, Dobson, and Boyce are healthy allowing space to open up a bit for Amendola and Edlemann too look for a team that will have a pass and run threat split 50/50...the ideal situation for keeping the other defense off balance. 

Don't think having an all world receiving corp benefits this team as they are all too quick to go back to pass happy. With the proven run offense and a soso passing attack they will be compelled to be balanced in the playoffs. In fact it has gotten to the point where most everyone expects as many big plays from running as passing..last time I felt this way was 2004.

This is a better mindset than thinking all your yards are going to be from passing and runs are thrown in only to set up passes.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts