Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win

I keep hearing from Colts fans how Manning "led" a comeback. Did this actually happen or were they pretty much handed a victory by the Pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win

You need a button captioned "It doesn't matter: a win is a win."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win:
    You need a button captioned "It doesn't matter: a win is a win."
    Posted by JulesWinfield

That isn't part of the question. 

So, you ever going to man up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

It takes two to tango and unfortunately the Manning Clan has been getting the best of BB & TB in 6 of the last 7 "Dancin' With The Stars" episodes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

Colts won because Belichick can't coach and Brady can't close!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think this the third thread I've posted this on after 2am, but that was a clear and obvious PI.  Very simple, you hit the receiver before the ball arrives and it's PI.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

No oubt...Pats gave this to the Colts.......no way the Colts could have won this on their own

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think this the third thread I've posted this on after 2am, but that was a clear and obvious PI.  Very simple, you hit the receiver before the ball arrives and it's PI.  
    Posted by JulesWinfield

It isn't PI when they are both playing the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win:
    I keep hearing from Colts fans how Manning "led" a comeback. Did this actually happen or were they pretty much handed a victory by the Pats?
    Posted by EnochRoot

This was absolutely the Pats' game to lose, and they handed it to the Colts. It made it that much more heartbreaking. But looking on the bright side, it has also given me hope that if they clean up their mistakes, the Pats can destroy the Colts should they meet again in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is simple.the pats flat out got beaten in the second half.they were up 31-14 in the 4th qtr.and the new younger improved defense ran out of gas,and lost it for us.this is why BB opted to go for it on 4th and 2.he was seeing the colts march 80yrds and score in a minute,and a half.it really makes me think the loss of vrabel,and seymour was in vain,for the defense still gets winded,and tired as it has every year in the 2nd half.sure i think we should have punted the ball and force there hand,but i doubt it would have mattered.if we had made the 4th and 2 everyone is a hero,but we didnt,and everyone im reading about here should be fired.the silver lineing is we are still 2 games up in the divison,but its obvious the defense needs lots of work to hang with the big dogs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win : It isn't PI when they are both playing the ball.
    Posted by EnochRoot

What about the call on Butler? He was trying to pick off the Manning pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I can't help but to notice all the screen names that you hardly ever see coming to chime in today. The medical condition for that is called "Schadenfreude". The taking of pleasure in other peoples misfortune.
     Another words what they are saying is, "I have no life so this is why a continue to go on"

The fact of the matter is the Pats Blew it. Time to get better against the Jets.
    Lets be happy we got exposed last night rather than in the playoffs.At least we have time to fix a few things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadnd. Show gadnd's posts

Pats wont win again

Lets face facts , hate to admit it --but could we all be scammed by the BB PR machine. Could the first super bowl been just luck and the last 2 been the result of cheating. Starting to think so considering his poor coaching decisions against NY in Super Bow, last years Indy game, and the disaster last night. It seems that they have not made any substantive productive 2nd half coaching changes in years that has led to victories  --- Coincidence ???

Hate to say it but they wont win this year too many obstacles for them to have any home field advantage.  They will be lucky to get to 11-5

They wont win another Super Bowl with BB as the head coach --- there is too much power in his hand for the organization to have objective strategies

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hadradah. Show hadradah's posts

In Response to Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win:
    Posted by EnochRoot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Great question- the PATs geve this one away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Pats wont win again

In Response to Pats wont win again:
    Lets face facts , hate to admit it --but could we all be scammed by the BB PR machine. Could the first super bowl been just luck and the last 2 been the result of cheating. Starting to think so considering his poor coaching decisions against NY in Super Bow, last years Indy game, and the disaster last night. It seems that they have not made any substantive productive 2nd half coaching changes in years that has led to victories  --- Coincidence ??? Hate to say it but they wont win this year too many obstacles for them to have any home field advantage.  They will be lucky to get to 11-5 They wont win another Super Bowl with BB as the head coach --- there is too much power in his hand for the organization to have objective strategies
    Posted by gadnd

Who's we NewB..Nice day for your first post..There must be a Colts forum out there somewhere that calling you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Pats wont win again

In Response to Pats wont win again:

Lets face facts , hate to admit it --but could we all be scammed by the BB PR machine. Could the first super bowl been just luck and the last 2 been the result of cheating. Starting to think so considering his poor coaching decisions against NY in Super Bow, last years Indy game, and the disaster last night. It seems that they have not made any substantive productive 2nd half coaching changes in years that has led to victories  --- Coincidence ??? Hate to say it but they wont win this year too many obstacles for them to have any home field advantage.  They will be lucky to get to 11-5 They wont win another Super Bowl with BB as the head coach --- there is too much power in his hand for the organization to have objective strategies
    Posted by gadnd

Get out of here....you dont just win SB's by chance...players have to play the game.

They went to the SB after the "spygate" incident, so that proves that they can still go to the big game.

My excuse is our defense is very young and PM is the best QB in the league...others can argue but thats how I feel.

When it was time to step up, they did and NE didnt...plain and simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hadradah. Show hadradah's posts

The Pats lost and it was due to the same problem they have exhibited all season long , poor execution in or near the red zone.  The Colts scored touchdowns each time they drove into Patriots territory. The Pats left a lot of points on the table by settling for field goals or turning the ball over deep in Colts territory.  The Colts made all the plays at the end of the game but it shouldn't have come down to that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Pats didn't give it away. They were set up by the PI call(s) that took the wind right out of the sails of the D. How did this happen? Well, the refs didn't call this but twice as they turned out to be huge calls against the pats. One in the first half and one in the second. This contact was going on ALL NIGHT on both sides. Pats weren't playing any more physical on the PI calls. Refs need to be consistent. The timing of the calls was critical. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

I agree with the 4th and 2. Go for it. You have an offense that was moving the ball all night, had around 400 yards (maybe more?)...and you got Brady! Go for it! BB just watched a PI penalty (that was late BTW). He punts the ball, Manning throws a bomb and the refs throw another flag Colts score anyways. What's the diff?? Short field, long field?? Cmon.....

And I severely missed something on the 4th and 2. I hope someone can elaborate what happened. 2:10 or something secs. Pats run the play. Whistle blows. 1:57 on the game clock. No forward progress for Faulk, poor spot, no automatic review from the booth (within 2 minutes) and game clock reset to 2:00. Huh? Game gift wrapped and handed to Indy..... I didn't see a punt helping us as we had 2 opponents. Indy, and the refs. We beat indy, not the refs.

At any rate, I should have shut it off after that PI penalty. I don't see much integrity left in this game and yes it started with Spygate. I'm still bent that BB would even consider doing something like that and be that arrogant about it. And if its true the Pats benefitted from the tapes, then I'll be the first to throw MY TEAM under the bus for breaking the rules. And then there's the refs. Its not so the best team and best coach wins anymore. And it goes both ways......sad....I'll find something better to do with my time than watch any more football for a while.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Got it.....cuz the ball was snapped before 2:00 there was no automatic review....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Its a little of both. Maroney fumbled in the endzone and The 4 and 2 call at your 28 with two mins to play is an awful call. Espically with how out of sync the Pats offense looked the Three previous plays. You can't give Indy the ball there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaSun. Show TampaSun's posts

Am I missing something here? The Colts won by beating the Pats... who by definition, lost the game. Apparently it makes Pats fans feel better if they think they somehow weren't beat... and they just "lost" without the Colts winning?? Amusing. Sad, but amusing. The Colts made the plays they had to make to be there and move ahead in the final seconds. That's a WIN for the Colts, and a LOSS by the Pats.... not one or the other. Scoreboard. The BETTER team won.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Got it.....cuz the ball was snapped before 2:00 there was no automatic review....
    Posted by ozfree79

Right. Automatic review begins when the ball is first snapped after the two-minute warning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Am I missing something here? The Colts won by beating the Pats... who by definition, lost the game. Apparently it makes Pats fans feel better if they think they somehow weren't beat... and they just "lost" without the Colts winning?? Amusing. Sad, but amusing. The Colts made the plays they had to make to be there and move ahead in the final seconds. That's a WIN for the Colts, and a LOSS by the Pats.... not one or the other. Scoreboard. The BETTER team won.
    Posted by TampaSun

The Colts were given the opportunity to make those plays by calls biased in their favor. They had a helping hand. They certainly took advantage of the help that was given to them. I don't fault them for that. I actually don't fault them at all. But to say they won because they outplayed the Pats is naive and oversimplifying. They won through several incorrect calls that gave them an advantage.

My friend is a multi-millionaire. He has worked hard all his life and has earned most of the things he gets. Except his money came from an inheritance. Sure, he is a multi-millionaire, but he didn't earn the money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The game last night was sloppy with flashes of brilliance from both sides. Neither team, based on last nights effort, appears to be championship caliber. The spot appeared to off in my book. So was Brady's decision to throw right at yard marker. In that situation, I say leave no doubt, send the the recievers a couple yards past the marker. BY FAR, the dumbest decision BB has ever made. The defense is deflated between the ears now, based on the lack of confidence from the head coach. 

Sections
Shortcuts