Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noneofyourbusiness19. Show noneofyourbusiness19's posts

Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win

I keep hearing how it was the right call because they wanted to win the game right there and then.  You don't want to put the ball in Peyton Mannings hands.  Yes Mannings is good , he's damn good but what the hell are we, are we that bad that we stand no chance of stopping him from getting in the endzone on a two minute drill, lets remember they needed to get in the endzone not just in field goal range.  If we were that afraid, why did we bother playing defense after we turned the ball over, we should have just let them score and then give Tom Brady the chance to drive us down into field goal range with a minute of so that he would have had, disgusting, sickening, vomitous, gut wrenching, pathetic, horrible, miserable, aweful.  The next time Belichick wants to gamble I hope he goes out and buys a lottery ticket instead of throwing the season away, exageration?  We have zero chance of home field through out, we have a slim chance a first round bye but we'll need a lot of help to get that, oh we'll win the division by beating up on the dreggs of the AFC east but when we have to face a good team on the road in the second round, if we get past the first round, you can kiss your dreams of another SB bye bye

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think it was more out of respect for Manning than not depending on his D.

They were gassed to be sure, but he also must have calculated that if they failed to get the 1st down, that the D could hold Manning on a short field. It might be easy to dismiss his choice as thinking that getting the 1st wasn't a possibility, but when they showed him talking it over with Brady, he didn't have a look of over confidence about him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Pats wont win again

In Response to Pats wont win again:
    [QUOTE]Lets face facts , hate to admit it --but could we all be scammed by the BB PR machine. Could the first super bowl been just luck and the last 2 been the result of cheating. Starting to think so considering his poor coaching decisions against NY in Super Bow, last years Indy game, and the disaster last night. It seems that they have not made any substantive productive 2nd half coaching changes in years that has led to victories  --- Coincidence ??? Hate to say it but they wont win this year too many obstacles for them to have any home field advantage.  They will be lucky to get to 11-5 They wont win another Super Bowl with BB as the head coach --- there is too much power in his hand for the organization to have objective strategies
    Posted by gadnd[/QUOTE]

bugger off, troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A HORRIBLE case of the Pats going soft and not applying the "kill shot" to the Colts when they could have on the possession in which they scored the last field goal.  What happened to the aggressive offense from the first half?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Pats made mistakes and Peyton capitalized. It's a little bit of both

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Neither.

There seems to be some strange alignment of the planets every time the pats play in indy. Its like decades ago when we simply could not win in miami. I remember one game that was lost there on a last second miami TD, where the receiver never saw the ball but it came down and wedged itself between his helmet and shoulder pads for the winning TD.

last night was yet another example of the strange occurences that kep happening in indy. I've been watching football since the 50s. I've NEVER seen the call made on the 4th down play, that the ball carrier's "forward progress" stopped when he "juggled" the ball, we couldn't ask for a review and were 8 seconds away from the automatic review.

That should have been the end of the game right there, whether you agree with BB's decision or not.

But, its history now. The fact is that the pats outplayed the colts in their house, even though the undeserving colts had another W fall into their laps. Does anyone doubt that we win the rematch?

We will be in the playoffs and home field or not and we will kick AZZ. Personally, I hope we meet the colts again the the AFC playoff, whether its in their house or not!!

Remember, payback is a MF!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noneofyourbusiness19. Show noneofyourbusiness19's posts

yeah, we'll win the first 58 minutes of the rematch again, but it's the last 2 minutes that are of concern to me. Unless we're up by three scores we need to worry? What does that really say about your team? I thought the defense was really coming together this season, the line looked like it was evolving nicely, the linebackers were starting to gel and the D backs were gaining confidence with each passing game..  But if the head coach doesn't trust them to do their jobs when it matters most what are we supposed to think.  I would have hated seeing manning march down field and score after a punt but at least I would have felt as though we had the best chance of winning.  going for it on 4th and 2 was a stupid idiotic thing to do, not only did it show the lack of confidence that the head coach has in his players but worse then that it showed the players how little the coach thinks of them, what a fricken mess!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win:
    [QUOTE]The game last night was sloppy with flashes of brilliance from both sides. Neither team, based on last nights effort, appears to be championship caliber. The spot appeared to off in my book. So was Brady's decision to throw right at yard marker. In that situation, I say leave no doubt, send the the recievers a couple yards past the marker. BY FAR, the dumbest decision BB has ever made. The defense is deflated between the ears now, based on the lack of confidence from the head coach.    
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Not championship caliber? Sloppy? What game were you watching?

That was by far the best game I've seen all year between two of the NFL elites. 

Brady threw at the yard marker because he couldn't wait another fraction of a second for faulk to get further downfield. There were DBs right in his faulk's face.

The forth down would not have been my decision, but if he made it ( which he did) the game is over and he's a genius again. Once again the refs distate the outcome of the game, in indy's favor.

Tell me, what teams to you consider to be playing "championship caliber" football at this point in time, besides N.O.? Bear in mind that if you include SD in that group, your credibility immediately will go into negative numbers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win : Not championship caliber? Sloppy? What game were you watching? That was by far the best game I've seen all year between two of the NFL elites.  Brady threw at the yard marker because he couldn't wait another fraction of a second for faulk to get further downfield. There were DBs right in his faulk's face. The forth down would not have been my decision, but if he made it ( which he did) the game is over and he's a genius again. Once again the refs distate the outcome of the game, in indy's favor. Tell me, what teams to you consider to be playing "championship caliber" football at this point in time, besides N.O.? Bear in mind that if you include SD in that group, your credibility immediately will go into negative numbers.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]
    The Bengals, Steelers, Saints & yes the Chargers are all playing better than NE & INDY. Take your homer opinion and exchange it for a realistic approach.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Did the Pats Lose or Did the Colts Win:
    [QUOTE]I keep hearing from Colts fans how Manning "led" a comeback. Did this actually happen or were they pretty much handed a victory by the Pats?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Loss is a loss, we lost. Not worried about another meeting in Indy or NE but we lost last night. Period

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Colts won because Belichick can't coach and Brady can't close!
    Posted by seadentro[/QUOTE]

But you can sucx

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]The game last night was sloppy with flashes of brilliance from both sides. Neither team, based on last nights effort, appears to be championship caliber. The spot appeared to off in my book. So was Brady's decision to throw right at yard marker. In that situation, I say leave no doubt, send the the recievers a couple yards past the marker. BY FAR, the dumbest decision BB has ever made. The defense is deflated between the ears now, based on the lack of confidence from the head coach.    
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

And the bolts sux, thanks for your comments though

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadnd. Show gadnd's posts

if that means Belichek is over rated I agree

In Response to Re: Pats wont win again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pats wont win again : bugger off, troll.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Pats wont win again:
    [QUOTE]if that means Belichek is over rated I agree In Response to Re: Pats wont win again :
    Posted by gadnd[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask why you call yourself "gonad", but I guess it is obvious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats lost.  BB called a 4th and 2 play.  Tom Brady called a good play and delivered the ball perfectly to a completely reliable receiver in first down territory, where the Colts could do nothing.  The receiver bobbled the ball.  Meh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Am I missing something here? Posted by TampaSun[/QUOTE]

Yes. You're missing any sign of intelligence.

Your credibility is less than zero, troll. Get lost.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

This is a stupid question.

The Colts won they are now 9-0.

The Pats lost they are now 6-3

18. This post has been removed.