Did they "tank it"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Did they "tank it"?

Before you all jump on me for this, think about this one for second:

1 - Pittsburgh was beating Miami.  By losing to Houston, Pittsburgh is essentially eliminated.

2 - If the Jets beat Cincinatti, we play the Baltimore at home, and then would have to travel to Indy rather than San Diego.  (I prefer this over going to San Diego).

3 - If the Jets lose, then be still probably play Denver at home while Baltimore plays Cincinatti.  That puts either Baltimore or Cincinatti at Indy and either team can beat them.  We would have to win in San Diego.

4 - In the last two minutes, neither Brady nor Moss were in the game.  With 2 minutes, who would you rather have in there (for a meaningful game), Brady and Moss or Hoyer and Stanback?

I think Bill looked up, saw the Pittsburgh-Miami score, and made his decision.

I just wish they had rested Welker.

Question:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Did they "tank it"?

Once they went up 27 - 13, they knew they could keep the Texans in check if they went all out for 60 minutes.  Are these Texans REALLY 3 TDs better than the Pats in those last 10 minutes?  Seems the team had an attitude of "if it happens and we win, fine, otherwise, next week is most important."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Why would the Patriots "tank it" ?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think they tanked it, but they didn't really seem all in.  We saw a lot of backups throughout the game and it seemed they were playing to not get hurt.  But that didn't work either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tanked it.  Makes no sense otherwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No. It was  depressing to see Welker get hurt, and then the defense give up 3 tds. I had a good feeling that they finally would be a "good" team on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

It was sixty minutes of "let's try to get better at playing football". That's it. Belichick couldn't give a fahk whether the win or loss affected any other team, he worked toward making improvements in his own squad. Done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

We were up by 2 scores, no one expected, the inevitable
    (okay how can you not expect the inevitable? But you know what I mean),
    4th quarter let down, on D.

Bill was playing to win, I just don't think he (or his staff OR his defense) are doing a great job, this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

That might be, but I didn't see any improvements from what I saw in the the 4th quarter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

And maybe did not want to show too much, as there is a slight posibility they face them again next weekend?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

2 - If the Jets beat Cincinatti, we play the Baltimore at home, and then would have to travel to Indy rather than San Diego.  (I prefer this over going to San Diego).

This is not correct. If the jest beat cincy that puts us back in the 3rd seed.That makes us the highest possible seed and would mean indy would not play us in the Div rd

3 - If the Jets lose, then be still probably play Denver at home while Baltimore plays Cincinatti.  That puts either Baltimore or Cincinatti at Indy and either team can beat them.  We would have to win in San Diego.

Not correct again     If cincy wins there the 3rd seed and then play broncos. Us 4th playing Balt  If cicy wins that sends us to indy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from c4muzik. Show c4muzik's posts

It doesn't really matter much now. If Baltimore wins they will be coming to Foxboro no mater what else happens... according to cbs..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from c4muzik. Show c4muzik's posts

I'd be more worried about the refs....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

If cicy wins that sends us to indy

If cincy wins in the wildcard  and NE wins wildcard. that sends us to indy. In scenario 3

Now that my clearing up is cleared up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

we did not try to win this game.  i think that is very apparent.  brady threw the int and didnt even care.   most important thing, get ready for baltimore. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I think they put Hoyer in the last series to see how he handles the last drice scenario.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from c4muzik. Show c4muzik's posts

If Baltimore wins we would be the 4th seed no matter what.. and would take on Indy if they make it that far..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"we did not try to win this game." - btowner

Share that with a Pats Defenseman. I'd be curious to hear the response.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

PLUS, if theres no CBA agreement and theres an uncapped season, the top 8 teams in the NFL CANNOT sign any free agents except to fill for players that they have lost.  was this to bump us down and out of the top 8?  I think it was
    BB has so many tactics about this cba stuff, all thats going on with wilfork and mankins...  i think we just won ourselves Julius Peppers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Not tanked but played high school level complication on offense and defense. No film for anyone to watch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

KC and Oak trying to hold their own. It could very well be Houston @ Pats and jest @cincy for the wildcard. Never mind Russell is playing for Oak

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

They did not tank it as much as I would like to hear I am wrong.

The D would hold them to 3rd and long and then give up a big gain? Really. Do they have that much control that they can dictate exactly how much yardage to give the Texans each play? Please.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I dont think they tanked it.  I think they came apart. again.  please note, who got burned?  Wilhite.  Who was inactive? Bodden.  So tanked it that way, playing McGowan and Wilhite, maybe.  But again, another epic d fail, and offense that suddenly in 4th quarter goes anemic.  If i hadn't seen this like 5 times this season, i would assume they layed down.  but im still nervous.