Did Trading Moss Save our Season?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Did Trading Moss Save our Season?

Reminiscent of the Nomar deal in mid 2004. Hmm.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jaguars?

Do you mean Packers?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Did Trading Moss Save our Season?:
    Lets Hope! Lets See, .... The Colts, Check! the Steelers, Check! the Ravens, Check! The Chargers, Check! If we can just get by the Vaunted Jaguars who were on a roll until the G-men beat em....we may have the road paved for us.....
    Posted by patsfan76

Both the Chargers and Ravens games could have easily gone the other way and if we have to meet both in the playoffs we'll probably lose to one of them.

before the Jets trolls jump in....you'd lose to both of them no contest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I would say it turned the Pats around. When most thought it would turn them upside down. People asking BB if he was giving up his season. The PATS control there fate.

I think if we get more from the special teams this might not even be that close. Wes has changed braces sense then also. Brady in game 1 was all about chuck it and hope. Brady in the second game should be more about pressure me and pay. I think if Brady will pull the RB or TE back in out of some of the 5 wide sets. He would be well ahead. Let'em chip and then go on a route. I think we'll see the next step in the Arrington @ DE project too. 

If the Moss trade saved our season . The next game could define it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I know we've gotten better. I would not say the same for ravens or jests. The ravens have lost to ATL by 5 beat TB and Carolina. They have'nt been in a Pats /colts , Pats/ steelers in all of November. So we'll see this weekend. The ravens host the steelers. They still play NO @ home and now we have to say @ CLE. There's a lot of football before we would see steelers, ravens, or chargers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I think it did. The team has been slowly getting better every week and should be red hot by the start of the playoffs. They are actually playing like a team now. If Moss was still here I think they would be 7-4. BB traded him just before the team was going to hit a wall, and that trade seemed to have united the locker room.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Even if Moss could've restrained himself all season and just played it out (doubtful), I'm sort of glad he became unglued and the Pats traded him and got Branch back. I like what Branch brings to the team and I think he is a team first guy who does just what Brady needs him to do to win.  If Moss was still here, all we'd hear this week is Revis-Moss match up talk, and I for one can do without it. 

Amazing how Welker has found himself again without Moss here to "take the top off the defense", an overused statement for 3 weeks after Moss was traded, including by myself.  And Branch has won them some games too, so his value goes beyond the locker room if there was even a doubt.  I like this team better now that the focus is TEAM and not Moss' next tirade or match up against a tough CB.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Maybe we should reserve judgment until Deion Branch gets hurt again.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire2. Show Quagmire2's posts

I would say it turned the Pats around. When most thought it would turn them upside down. People asking BB if he was giving up his season. The PATS control there fate.   I think if we get more from the special teams this might not even be that close. Wes has changed braces sense then also. Brady in game 1 was all about chuck it and hope. Brady in the second game should be more about pressure me and pay. I think if Brady will pull the RB or TE back in out of some of the 5 wide sets. He would be well ahead. Let'em chip and then go on a route. I think we'll see the next step in the Arrington @ DE project too.    If the Moss trade saved our season . The next game could define it.
    Posted by ohyes

Arrington has NEVER played DE. BB has experimented with putting him at OLB with his hand in the dirt. Big difference, but I agree I like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Posted by p-mike

p-mike

I think the Moss and Branch talk is mutually exclusive since it's likely that having Moss here would've capsized this team, or at the very least he would've been a ticking time bomb and Brady and Belichick would have to walk on eggshells all year to appease him.  Only now that he's been traded, cut and picked up on waivers does he likely see that his best option was to stay here and catch 50-60 balls.  

Branch happened to be the guy that they could trade for and he's not a relacement for Moss. Branch may yet miss some time due to injuries, but I don't think Moss was the answer because he was his own and this team's worst enemy. 

Just my opinion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

No, I was talking about possible playoff matchups.....We have played all the top teams in the AFC and the Jags look like fav's to win the division right now...
    Posted by patsfan76

Who would have thought after the beatdown that the titans put on the jags a couple weeks ago that they would be the favorites to win thier division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire2. Show Quagmire2's posts

Posted by p-mike

And theres P-mike with the negativity we have all come to expect from him! OK Mike you gonna report me to the mods again for calling you negative?! hahaha Wimp. See ya in February.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

This is plain silly.  No one can know the answer to this, it is pure sepculation.  Yes, Randy hasn't performed but who's been throwing to him?  Do you think that Moss, all by himself is responsible for what happened to the Vikings and the Titans?  There have been Q.B. and coaching issues in both places that have nothing to do with him.  Brett Farvre is truly done, thank God and Vince Young should be for being. NOT AS ADVERTISED, from the very beginning.  Vince Young is a child, not a man.  The first time they benched him, he went home and played video games saying he quit.  This last time, he threw his jersey and his pads into the stands and left  the stadium.  What a leader....  

What has kept our season moving in a positive direction this year is what always keeps our seasons moving in a positive direction, great coaching.  When was the last season that the PATS had a losing season?  Belichick's first year.  That's it.  Maybe we don't win a Superbowl every year but we compete and we compete no matter what the talent level is perceived to be.  As far as I'm concerned, that is all you can ask for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

simply put, No, there are many factors that have resulted in the Patriots season thus far...to limit it to that 1 thing is foolish...Moss's time, like all good things, came to an end & I'm glad he was part of the Patriots....however, this is a TEAM sport & decisions & moves must be made to protect & achieve the desired vision of the TEAM...IF Moss had of decided to play for the pure passion of the game instead of looking at it purly from a business standpoint (very selfish I might add), he'd of been a great piece of the puzzle....Moss has lost his love  & passion for the game & has yet to realize that....maybe, just maybe this latest experience for him will turn the light on for him & he'll come back & play because he loves the game & wants to be a great teamate...very doubtful, but I hope that's the case....time will tell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

In Response to Re: Did Trading Moss Save our Season? : Arrington has NEVER played DE. BB has experimented with putting him at OLB with his hand in the dirt. Big difference, but I agree I like it.

Posted by Quagmire2

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5837242

He joked that it was the first time since "Boys & Girls Club" he had played in a defensive end-type role.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is plain silly.  No one can know the answer to this, it is pure sepculation.  Yes, Randy hasn't performed but who's been throwing to him?  Do you think that Moss, all by himself is responsible for what happened to the Vikings and the Titans?  There have been Q.B. and coaching issues in both places that have nothing to do with him.  Brett Farvre is truly done, thank God and Vince Young should be for being. NOT AS ADVERTISED, from the very beginning.  Vince Young is a child, not a man.  The first time they benched him, he went home and played video games saying he quit.  This last time, he threw his jersey and his pads into the stands and left  the stadium.  What a leader....   What has kept our season moving in a positive direction this year is what always keeps our seasons moving in a positive direction, great coaching.  When was the last season that the PATS had a losing season?  Belichick's first year.  That's it.  Maybe we don't win a Superbowl every year but we compete and we compete no matter what the talent level is perceived to be.  As far as I'm concerned, that is all you can ask for.
    Posted by Dessalines

Des

I agree somewhat with your point about Moss since Favre and Young haven't done him any favors.  But esp in Minny, when the going got rough, Moss got himself cut instead of just being a good soldier and quietly fighting for his next contract.  The "shout out" to New England was a pathetic move that only hastened his departure and that of Childress since it's clear ownership and some of his teammates were divided about Chilly showing Moss the door. 

So while it's not fair to blame Moss for the implosion of Minny and Tennessee's skid, is it fair to say that NE got the best of Moss and probably picked a good time to move on?     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

does Moss get a ring if the Patriots win the Super Bowl?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not really, i think we saw how the offense was gonna play this seson against miami, it didn't hurt that our special teams and defense stepped it up in that game.

Sections
Shortcuts