Did we forget?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Did we forget?

With all that has been going on in NE these past few days, it almost feels like we dont have a game on sunday. 

It all started with the game on Sunday, AD benched, releasing galloway, trades, tate and levoir, edelmans broken arm, etc.  Thats alot to digest and its only wed. 

It would be easy to say that we are going to run them out of the stadium, but im one of those people that worry about every game.  This the NFL and every game counts.  We need to win and get back home.

With all that being said, whats your take on sundays game against the winless bucs @ wembley?

What do the Pats need to do offensively and defensively to win this game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Re: Did we forget?

"What do the Pats need to do offensively and defensively to win this game?"

Not miss their flight :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Did we forget?:
    [QUOTE]"What do the Pats need to do offensively and defensively to win this game?" Not miss their flight :)
    Posted by GrantW[/QUOTE]

hahaha...your definately right about that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did we forget? : hahaha...your definately right about that.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of the games in "EN-GA-LAND", too much wear and tear on the team. That said, if we play our game, make our plays and act like this is the most important game we will pay, we should be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

two good things about this game in Olde England is that both teams have to travel there and prepare for it.  first is that it doesn't count as a NE home game, it goes as a home game for Tampa.  second, i figure in the end we have the advantage because who would you rather have prepare for this unusual situation? experience and successful Pats coaches and team or a rookie coach/QB who would probably struggle in preparation for NE anyway? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

My biggest fear over this game is the Pats having to eat british food. There could be suicides.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did we forget? : Not a fan of the games in "EN-GA-LAND", too much wear and tear on the team. That said, if we play our game, make our plays and act like this is the most important game we will pay, we should be fine.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

agreed...not that they dont take all games serious, but the pats really need to stay consistant and forget about the big blowout from last week.  Remember there are alot of new guys on the defense that were not here in 2007 so they have never played in a game like that before. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't really see how traveling to London is so very different than traveling to the west coast. The guy who said both teams having to travel is an equalizer is correct, as is the other guy who said that playing a scrub in this game is also a bonus.

While I am willing to posit that Tampa may be as bad as Tennessee as a football team, I would not expect the Bucs to roll over and play dead the way the Titans did. As underdogg will happily tell you, Tampa hasn't played the Colts this season, therefore they have not been adequately "softened up."

(gales of snarky laughter ensue)

All that said, I would like to see the Pats continue to feature the running game this week, and hopefully they can notch the victory without suffering further injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

great points prairiemike...I would definately like to see more rushing this week.  But TB will probably be pass happy again.  I watched the Cowboys/bucs game earlier this year and romo & company scorched thier secondary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I think we can run and pass on the Bucs. Stay focused and execute is all that needs to be done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

First, get the win. 

Second, if the game gets away again, put in some new guys for as much as possible to see how they do. 

My concern for both teams is the field's condition. Three knocks on wood and crossing fingers on both hands.

However, let's not count chickens just yet.  I see a lot of confidence on this board, just like I did in February of 2008.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]First, get the win.  Second, if the game gets away again, put in some new guys for as much as possible to see how they do.  My concern for both teams is the field's condition. Three knocks on wood and crossing fingers on both hands. However, let's not count chickens just yet.  I see a lot of confidence on this board, just like I did in February of 2008.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they "fixed" the field problems of the 07 Phins game where every player was stuck in the mud. I'd like to see another shutout on defense and if you think about it that is not an unrealistic expectation. I hope our D continues to build confidence and grows together. i really think with corner play we can be a dominate D once again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

My only concern is suicide bombers, Patriots win by more than 21.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really see how traveling to London is so very different than traveling to the west coast. The guy who said both teams having to travel is an equalizer is correct, as is the other guy who said that playing a scrub in this game is also a bonus. While I am willing to posit that Tampa may be as bad as Tennessee as a football team, I would not expect the Bucs to roll over and play dead the way the Titans did. As underdogg will happily tell you, Tampa hasn't played the Colts this season, therefore they have not been adequately "softened up." (gales of snarky laughter ensue) All that said, I would like to see the Pats continue to feature the running game this week, and hopefully they can notch the victory without suffering further injury.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Well, it is different in the sense that you lose time in your trip over as opposed to in your return (which would be the case on a West Coast trip).  So, given that there is a Bye following this game, that doesn’t really help the team get acclimated to the time difference.  They’re going to be over there for such a short period of time though it wouldn’t surprise me if they just take on a morning normal (American East Coast) schedule with regards to preparing for the game – it’s essentially at 1PM.

To answer the initial question, I’m excited to see them play over there.  It’s an obvious advantage that we aren’t losing a home game, as the Bucs are, and that, well, we’re playing the Bucs.  I expect them to win handily.  I also expect them to get out to an early lead by running the ball and throwing from two wide, two tight end formations but then transitioning to three wide.  This would be a great game to activate Nunn for as you would expect we are going to play from ahead for the most part.  Add him to the mix as the third receiver to gauge how the personnel group will work going forward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

My biggest worry is that they will be playing ona soft field. Lots of injurys happen like that.. Remember when games were played in Mexico? They had people going on the field inbetween plays and stoppages to stomp the turf back into place. If I remember correctly they only scored field goals as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Well I dont care if we win 17-14...I just want them to come home injury free and 5-2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really see how traveling to London is so very different than traveling to the west coast.

The difference is 5-6 hour time change (depends on tiem of year) vs three. You end up upside-down in your sleep. Specially in the first 2-3 days, you wake up at 2 am and crash around 3pm local. Traveling east into the time zone is always harder than traveling west. Going west you feel like you got to sleep in.

That said, both teams go through it. The only issue is being tired do you make a miss step and blow out a knee, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Dont forget about waking from a sound sleep to take a dump.  lol  Asia is much worse on the body.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

hmmm.  all those things you listed, YOU are thinking about.  Bill is thinking about how to dismantle the Buccaneers.  He has someone else chasing down the barking dogs for him.  IBWT!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really see how traveling to London is so very different than traveling to the west coast. The guy who said both teams having to travel is an equalizer, as is the other guy who said that playing a scrub in this game is also a bonus. While I am willing to posit that Tampa may be as bad as Tennessee as a football team, I would not expect the Bucs to roll over and play dead the way the Titans did. As underdogg will happily tell you, Tampa hasn't played the Colts this season, therefore they have not been adequately "softened up." (gales of snarky laughter ensue) All that said, I would like to see the Pats continue to feature the running game this week, and hopefully they can notch the victory without suffering further injury.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Oddly, studies have been done that show the jet lag from going East and back is easier to deal with than going West and back. (I know. Odd fact. I looked it up last year when the Pats had the two extended West coast road trips.)

So, the recovery should be a bit easier for them this year.

I just hope, if it does become a runaway, that they get their backups off the field as early as possible and send in the backups' backups to avoid injury to the backups.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did we forget? : Oddly, studies have been done that show the jet lag from going East and back is easier to deal with than going West and back. (I know. Odd fact. I looked it up last year when the Pats had the two extended West coast road trips.) So, the recovery should be a bit easier for them this year. I just hope, if it does become a runaway, that they get their backups off the field as early as possible and send in the backups' backups to avoid injury to the backups.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

If they put the backups' backups in to early Bill will be accused of doing it to embarrass an opponent.  Even worse if they score.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

What do the Pats need to do offensively and defensively to win this game?

The offense needs to score more points than the defense allows. Thank you. I am here all week. Try the veal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

forget what??? jk lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Did we forget?:
    [QUOTE]With all that has been going on in NE these past few days, it almost feels like we dont have a game on sunday.  It all started with the game on Sunday, AD benched, releasing galloway, trades, tate and levoir, edelmans broken arm, etc.  Thats alot to digest and its only wed.  It would be easy to say that we are going to run them out of the stadium, but im one of those people that worry about every game.  This the NFL and every game counts.  We need to win and get back home. With all that being said, whats your take on sundays game against the winless bucs @ wembley? What do the Pats need to do offensively and defensively to win this game?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I'm just like you, I'm never over-confident when the Steelers play. The way things have been going this year, it's pretty hard to predict what's going to happen. The Patriots will probably beat Tampa Bay fairly easy, but a couple turnovers can quickly change a game. I'm glad we're playing the Vikings this week, win or lose, I look forward to the Steelers playing the top teams in the NFL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

Ever since last year, I've never felt overly confident about any opponent we face. It all changed on one play, and it only takes one play for an injury to happen. I wouldn't take any NFL team lightly, even the Bucs. The Raiders beat the Eagles last week for crying out loud.

Sections
Shortcuts