Did you know that...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Did you know that...

The Patriots D finished top 10 in points allowed for six of the last seven years?

Pr. Gregg Rosenthal:

Defense the key
    for Patriots?

The real key in New England is the underrated defense. Bill Belichick's crew has finished in the top 10 in points allowed for six of the past seven years, but this could be his most talented group since 2004. The front seven has continuity and youth with Brandon Spikes, Jerod Mayo, Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower alongside veterans like Vince Wilfork and Rob Ninkovich. The defense could make up for any decline in the Patriots' offense.

------

I didn't know that.
    Now scoring alone doesn't tell the whole story about the qualities of a D, but it's not like it's the worst indicator either. Limit the big plays this season, and they're going to the SB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Did you know that...

The key to bend don't break is not giving up the big play and holding in the red zone. I really think BB could put almost anyone out there and limit the opp. scoring. He is just that good of a coach.

With these younger guys and better skilled players this year they should be able to capitalize on mistakes and hopefull be able the press the other teams more.  Years past BB had to mask the weak areas but I think they are close to being at the skill level throughout the D where BB will take more chances on the blitz or leaving a player on an island to bolster other areas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Re: Did you know that...

Having really smart tough guys like Wilson and McCourty covering the back end also allows BB and Patricia to be more creative and attack from multiple formations.  I love seeing BBs D when he trusts them and they have fast guys who can recover and strong young guys who can hit and run.  That leads to mistakes, turnovers, defensive TDs and overall havoc wreaking which the O is more than capable of cashing in on.  I'm exited for this D because I think BB is going to bring the pain this season.

Sections
Shortcuts