Did you see Welkers face on that run?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Did you see Welkers face on that run?!

The semi-closeup after the stiff arm. Look at his face. He wants that touchdown BAD!!! There was no way he was gonna let anyone bring him down. I could see his determination and hard work through his whole career accumulated in the strength of feeling of how bad he wanted to bring that to the house!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Re: Did you see Welkers face on that run?!

In Response to Did you see Welkers face on that run?!:
    Yes, that was something I noticed right away. What a rush! It felt like I was running with him. Would have been a great shot in a movie...such a totally charged look. Got my juices flowing cheering him on. That's the best part of watching this team...seeing when someone takes it to the house or some other highlight reel plays. Welker is the awesome little man who plays big. This will be a banner year for him, I'm sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Did you see Welkers face on that run?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Did you see Welkers face on that run?! : Yes, that was something I noticed right away. What a rush! It felt like I was running with him. Would have been a great shot in a movie...such a totally charged look. Got my juices flowing cheering him on. That's the best part of watching this team...seeing when someone takes it to the house or some other highlight reel plays. Welker is the awesome little man who plays big . This will be a banner year for him, I'm sure.
    Posted by noahsark99[/QUOTE]

great post!
    agree totally.
    except "like a movie"
    it was more dramatic!
    :)
    thanks for the post noah.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

be nice if we could find a picture of it. I'm glald this happened for Welker, he has worked so hard for this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I liked that he went flat out- never turned around, never show-boated- and got the touchdown. He could have treated it like a breakaway slam dunk, but that's not his style.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. I was at my barber in New Orleans, and it was funny hearing them talk about it. The barber working opposite mine was just stunned that the Miami corner let himself get 'pushed around by a midget.'

I told him that was a Heisman Trophy caliber stiff arm right there ... and we all laughed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I noticed "the look" as well - and I hope we'll be seeing more of that "look."  GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I liked that he went flat out- never turned around, never show-boated- and got the touchdown. He could have treated it like a breakaway slam dunk, but that's not his style.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

yep, that was strictly buisness, get the points, and Its not the Patriots style either.

How many times do you see showboaters taunting the DB or jumping in the endzone from the five yard line, or dropping the ball as soon as they cross the goal line.

I'm thinking BB would bench a guy if he drew all that attention to himself.

But, remember when Wes did the snow angel after a TD and got a penalty. I think he felt the wrath of BB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you see Welkers face on that run?! : yep, that was strictly buisness, get the points, and Its not the Patriots style either. How many times do you see showboaters taunting the DB or jumping in the endzone from the five yard line, or dropping the ball as soon as they cross the goal line. I'm thinking BB would bench a guy if he drew all that attention to himself. But, remember when Wes did the snow angel after a TD and got a penalty. I think he felt the wrath of BB.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Drawing penalties should draw wrath ... except in situations where it's ticky tacky, and the penalty is given for a demoralizing hit ... I like that. It's almost a cost of doing defensive business in today's "friendlier" NFL. 

But yeah, it is good to see NE operating with some swagger. Even last season, it was somewhat missing. In addition to his general WR skillset, Welker brings a little attitude to the offense. Love guys like him, Brady, and Mankins out there, just like I love guys like Fork. I also woudn't mind seeing more of it .... those championship Pats from six years back talked humble to the microphones ... but man alive were they cocky on the field. It's part of being a champion and winner: COMPETETIVENESS and PRIDE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The barber working opposite mine was just stunned that the Miami corner let himself get 'pushed around by a midget.' . 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

LOL, or as TB calls them "hobbits"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

not sure what "face" shot you were looking at, but here's a decent video.

http://www.dolphinsdaily.com/videos/display-RXKr9fhXEDY.php

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

And he's watching himself on the big screen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerice50. Show jerice50's posts

Thanks, KansasPat, good grab!

[QUOTE]And he's watching himself on the big screen.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

Thanks for posting that link. After watching it twice, I notice a link to the NFL networks #1 player video on TB. I hadn't seen that before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

did you see welkers face on that nun?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

[QUOTE]And he's watching himself on the big screen.  

He is looking at the big screen to see if anyone is closing on him.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for posting that link. After watching it twice, I notice a link to the NFL networks #1 player video on TB. I hadn't seen that before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUyQ_HsO4ZE&feature=related
    Posted by SoLongHarryTruman[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a good clip. worthy of its own thread to hear Ray Lewis and Reavis giving TB all the love, I am astonished.

heck, ray even  used the word intangible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]did you see welkers face on that nun?
    Posted by McFEETers[/QUOTE]

nun?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]"Not even God can hit a 1-iron" ...Lee Trevino
    Posted by noahsark99[/QUOTE]

Was Lee using his one iron when he was struck by lightning?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for posting that link. After watching it twice, I notice a link to the NFL networks #1 player video on TB. I hadn't seen that before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUyQ_HsO4ZE&feature=related
    Posted by SoLongHarryTruman[/QUOTE]

yeppers, that was fun to watch. Suprising to see Revis commenting on Brady.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I loved it when the announcer got all freakin excited when Tom threw welker the ball..," To wes welker...WES WELKER PULLING AWAY. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

A face I won't forget. Go Wes!