DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?

not interested in being controversial, but just saying... as the resident contrarian, i couldnt help but notice how so many pouring strong vodka on cutler conveniently drank the weak koolaid in regards to our tommy. do i believe brady faked it in '01 or didnt try hard enough? NO! but nor did cutler. i cant think of one prime athlete not named moss or eric dickerson who has ever not done everything to be there for his teammates. cutler is a type 1 diabetic who was sacked 57 times and kept getting up. shooting up willy-nilly could be homicidal for him.. give me a break, its ultimately just a game people. 

i am sure brady tried to come back in '01 versus the steelers in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game too but sometimes it is best not to tempt fate. brady had a similar injury as cutler, just a sprain right? a 50% brady was not better than a 100% bledsoe atleast on that day. had bears gone with hanie right away and prepped him as the #2, perhaps like bledse, bears win too! 

in the game versus the jets, like cutler, i saw a qb boogieing out there on his happy feet, throwing passes at receivers' feet, seeeing ghosts and with that glazed look all over his face. yes, for every 20 great games in a row, brady has now earned the right to one stinker.. hopefully it  wont be AGAIN be in the playoffs next year. cutler likewise is no brady but he did lead his team further than brady did his pats and should be given some slack and respect. he was off way before his injuries but it happens esp when you get smacked around a couple of times. brady's teflon, unfortunately for cutler, he's been branded velcro.. everything sticks for NOW!

had joshie kept cutler, he likely will still be in denver not another fallen golden boy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10?

So many trolls these days

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

????

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

WOW  pull a cutler hmmm didnt you hear  cutler sprained  his knee ligament,so if your insisting that cutler just didnt want too play and put brady in that group too you are way off base!!
                            GO FIND A BRIDGE TOO HIDE UNDER!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Retro-P. Show Retro-P's posts

21 point lead? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10?:
    [QUOTE]Brady was hurt in '01?  I must have missed that.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I believe he is referring to the AFC championship game at Pitt where two Pitt Steelers took a dive at this lower leg with the second one resulting in an ankle injury.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Its a stretch man, a REAL stretch but then I suspect that you only wanted to live up to your screen name. 

At any rate I wasn't criticizing Cutler for this incident.  No, my issues with Cutler is that he's a whinny baby, who will cry at the drop of a hat.  Revisit his behavior in Dnever.  His schtick is way old and he throws too many picks.  Yeah, go Bears.....  LOL...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think people just dont like Cutler and found an opportunity to pile on.  Listen, I'm not a Cutler fan at all, matter of fact I dont think he's very good yet I realize what a beating he took this year and he continued on.  If I'm going to judge his toughness then I say the dude is pretty damn tough. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think people just dont like Cutler and found an opportunity to pile on.  Listen, I'm not a Cutler fan at all, matter of fact I dont think he's very good yet I realize what a beating he took this year and he continued on.  If I'm going to judge his toughness then I say the dude is pretty damn tough. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]AMEN comrade! this was my Point, couldnt have said it better. we were one todd collins like replacement away from blowing it, good thing bb had bledsoe in my view (threw a TD remember?). jIm mcmahon was not amongst the greatest but he was very good and he certainly did not come across publically as some great team guy but to his team mates and most of his coaches, HE WAS! the guy was tough although a bit fragile. i put cutler in that category. what kills him is that natural far-away look he has, his demeanor i guess. he should take some acting courses toplease the masses and buy some crutches for such situations. 

lastly, sprained knee, sprained ankle... to-matt-to-tomato.. fact is the sprained knee cutler suffered  is far worse than brady's ankle. cutler would not have been able to play in the super bowl. he has to live in pain and do nothing for atleast 6 weeks before he can even begin any real rehab or basic football activities. yet he's a wimp for the doctors making a rational decision, as they did with brady i must add. thats not a plyer's call. when you cant protect yourself or plant for a throw or step into one, what is the point? as a qb, you become useless. yep, get it shot-up, y? the guy has a slight tear in there, y would one want to mask that and risk permanent life-altering injury? plus it takes time for that shot to bear fruit..

again, brady was in a better position for all that in the '01 afc championship game yet no one questioned it then and clearly no one questions it now... not fair to cutler!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

66 is wrong.  I looked it up.  I was curious, because I always knew that Brady got credit for a win that he had no hand in. 

Tom Brady's 2 quarter effort in that game produced no points or opportunities for points.  

Bledsoe, on the other hand, directed the pats to 2 scores (a TD and a FG) and got the pats into long FG range 2 other times (one punt and one missed FG). He did not throw a pick.

The steelers scored on a long drive (no fault of Bledsoes) and a short drive due to a poor punt and poor punt coverage. 

The Pats D did step up in that game.  As was the case for the entire first half of the decade. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]66 is wrong.  I looked it up.  I was curious, because I always knew that Brady got credit for a win that he had no hand in.  Tom Brady's 2 quarter effort in that game produced no points or opportunities for points.   Bledsoe, on the other hand, directed the pats to 2 scores (a TD and a FG) and got the pats into long FG range 2 other times (one punt and one missed FG). He did not throw a pick. The steelers scored on a long drive (no fault of Bledsoes) and a short drive due to a poor punt and poor punt coverage.  The Pats D did step up in that game.  As was the case for the entire first half of the decade. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]hey ud, lets NOT use this as an opp to bash brady now.. i was just looking for some perspective for CUTLER and others in similar position. bledsoe may have done more to win that particular game but overall brady was clearly the most indispensable patriot during our ring run and since. who wins without a great defense? when peyton got his ring, there was no defense? as i recall, he was almost an afterthought. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?

Contrarian - no doubt Brady was more important, but he is given credit for this game (I guess because he started and the pats won) where none is due.  By contrast, Cutler started and could not finish and is being killed nationally (I guess because they started and Bears lost). 

The fact is, just as the pats would not have been where they were without Brady, the same can be said (but isn't) about Cutler.  

I become more convinced every year that the QB is both given too much credit and too much blame for wins and losses.  Mediocre QB's can win with great defenses and All-Pro QB's can lose with mediocre defenses.  Brady's rings (like Manning's ring) have much to do with their defenses either being great (the pats) or stepping up (the colts).  BTW - with Brady going out in that 01 AFCCG, could you imagine the history change if the pats had lost that game?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]He's talking about Brady's ankle sprain in the AFC Championship game vs. the Steelers... and I don't get the rest of his argument!
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

Fear not! She doesn't get her own arguement either!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?:
    [QUOTE]not interested in being controversial, but just saying... as the resident contrarian, i couldnt help but notice how so many pouring strong vodka on cutler conveniently drank the weak koolaid in regards to our tommy. do i believe brady faked it in '01 or didnt try hard enough? NO! but nor did cutler. i cant think of one prime athlete not named moss or eric dickerson who has ever not done everything to be there for his teammates. cutler is a type 1 diabetic who was sacked 57 times and kept getting up. shooting up willy-nilly could be homicidal for him.. give me a break, its ultimately just a game people.  i am sure brady tried to come back in '01 versus the steelers in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game too but sometimes it is best not to tempt fate. brady had a similar injury as cutler, just a sprain right? a 50% brady was not better than a 100% bledsoe atleast on that day. had bears gone with hanie right away and prepped him as the #2, perhaps like bledse, bears win too!  in the game versus the jets, like cutler, i saw a qb boogieing out there on his happy feet, throwing passes at receivers' feet, seeeing ghosts and with that glazed look all over his face. yes, for every 20 great games in a row, brady has now earned the right to one stinker.. hopefully it  wont be AGAIN be in the playoffs next year. cutler likewise is no brady but he did lead his team further than brady did his pats and should be given some slack and respect. he was off way before his injuries but it happens esp when you get smacked around a couple of times. brady's teflon, unfortunately for cutler, he's been branded velcro.. everything sticks for NOW! had joshie kept cutler, he likely will still be in denver not another fallen golden boy.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Stinker? fault Brady for the dropped TD pass, or the dropped 1st down ball by Branch in the 4th? You know less about the game than Mommy told you about./

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?:
    [QUOTE]not interested in being controversial, but just saying... as the resident contrarian, i couldnt help but notice how so many pouring strong vodka on cutler conveniently drank the weak koolaid in regards to our tommy. do i believe brady faked it in '01 or didnt try hard enough? NO! but nor did cutler. i cant think of one prime athlete not named moss or eric dickerson who has ever not done everything to be there for his teammates. cutler is a type 1 diabetic who was sacked 57 times and kept getting up. shooting up willy-nilly could be homicidal for him.. give me a break, its ultimately just a game people.  i am sure brady tried to come back in '01 versus the steelers in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game too but sometimes it is best not to tempt fate. brady had a similar injury as cutler, just a sprain right? a 50% brady was not better than a 100% bledsoe atleast on that day. had bears gone with hanie right away and prepped him as the #2, perhaps like bledse, bears win too!  in the game versus the jets, like cutler, i saw a qb boogieing out there on his happy feet, throwing passes at receivers' feet, seeeing ghosts and with that glazed look all over his face. yes, for every 20 great games in a row, brady has now earned the right to one stinker.. hopefully it  wont be AGAIN be in the playoffs next year. cutler likewise is no brady but he did lead his team further than brady did his pats and should be given some slack and respect. he was off way before his injuries but it happens esp when you get smacked around a couple of times. brady's teflon, unfortunately for cutler, he's been branded velcro.. everything sticks for NOW! had joshie kept cutler, he likely will still be in denver not another fallen golden boy.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    The first sentence is a lie.  Everything after it is either a lie, misinformation, fantasy, or pure B.S. You are the worst kind of troll, the FAKE FAN TROLL.  Crawl off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : Underpants, you're wrong.  It was 7-3 Pats when Brady got hurt.  Bledsoe threw a TD to Patten and then Harris and Troy Brown teamed up on that blocked FG returna nd tehy got a FG to go up 24-3. ergo, since Brady started and was ahead when he went out and the Pats were ahead the entire game, Brady gets the W.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002012700/2001/POST20/patriots@steelers#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

It was 7-3, yes, but not because of Brady.  It was 7-3 because Troy Brown ran back a Punt.  Up to the point of the touchdown, Brady had led two 3 and outs and generated one first down.  After he produced no drives that put the pats in FG range before he was hurt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : and can you imagine if Manning hadn't throw Wayne or Vanderjagt under the bus?

Exactly what did Manning say about Brady? 

And Vanderjagt, weren't Manning's "idiot kicker" comments in response to this public statement from Vanderjagt:

"All week before the Jets game I'm like, '(No.) 18, we're going to handle it, me and you we're going to win this game.' And he's like, 'Yeah, yeah, OK.' "And I'm like, 'Peyton, show some enthusiasm, you're the quarterback and we need to win this game.' I just don't see it from him."

Manning had every right to defend himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : Yes, it was Pats 24, Steelers 3 in the third quarter in the 2001 AFCCG.  The final was 24-17. Bledsoe was bailed out by two late ints, the second by Milloy.

THINK AGAIN, BLOW HARD....17.  I KNOW IT'S REALLY A DETAIL, BUT DO YOU REALIZE HOW OFTEN YOU'RE WRONG???

Patsfansince1966 = Often certain, seldom right.

1st Quarter
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE">NET.Brown 55 yd. punt return (A.Vinatieri kick)
    2nd Quarter
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT">PITK.Brown 30 yd. Field Goal (10-65, 5:09)
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE">NED.Patten 11 yd. pass from D.Bledsoe (A.Vinatieri kick) (7-70, 1:44)
    3rd Quarter
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE">NEA.Harris 49 yd. recovery of blocked punt (A.Vinatieri kick)
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT">PITJ.Bettis 1 yd. run (K.Brown kick) (8-79, 3:40)
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT">PITA.Zereoue 11 yd. run (K.Brown kick) (5-32, 1:41)
    4th Quarter
    www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE">NEA.Vinatieri 44 yd. Field Goal (11-45, 5:17)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]66 is wrong.  I looked it up.  I was curious, because I always knew that Brady got credit for a win that he had no hand in.  Tom Brady's 2 quarter effort in that game produced no points or opportunities for points.   Bledsoe, on the other hand, directed the pats to 2 scores (a TD and a FG) and got the pats into long FG range 2 other times (one punt and one missed FG). He did not throw a pick. The steelers scored on a long drive (no fault of Bledsoes) and a short drive due to a poor punt and poor punt coverage.  The Pats D did step up in that game.  As was the case for the entire first half of the decade. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Does Brady get any credit for leading the Pats down the field in the Superbowl following this game after a tiring D had given up a tying TD? Or does all the credit for that score go to Vinatieri?

How about Brady driving the Pats to the winning FG in the Superbowl against Carolina - after the Pats D gave up the tying TD late? Or does Vinatieri get the credit for that score?

Also, I think it is ironic that the only SB the Colts won during Manning's tenure is coincident with his worst statistical performances in the playoffs - which is saying something - UD - your boy Manning only won the one ring because that was the one year your Colts D stepped up come playoff time

Sections
Shortcuts