DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10?

In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : THINK AGAIN, BLOW HARD....17.  I KNOW IT'S REALLY A DETAIL, BUT DO YOU REALIZE HOW OFTEN YOU'RE WRONG??? Patsfansince1966 = Often certain, seldom right. 1st Quarter www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE " /> T.Brown 55 yd. punt return (A.Vinatieri kick) 2nd Quarter www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT "> K.Brown 30 yd. Field Goal (10-65, 5:09) www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE "> D.Patten 11 yd. pass from D.Bledsoe (A.Vinatieri kick) (7-70, 1:44) 3rd Quarter www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE "> A.Harris 49 yd. recovery of blocked punt (A.Vinatieri kick) www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT "> J.Bettis 1 yd. run (K.Brown kick) (8-79, 3:40) www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=PIT "> A.Zereoue 11 yd. run (K.Brown kick) (5-32, 1:41) 4th Quarter www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE "> A.Vinatieri 44 yd. Field Goal (11-45, 5:17)
    Posted by Texas-Pathetic[/QUOTE]

You at least named yourself well, So here is the TRUTH IN ADVERTISING award for you, toad.  Enjoy it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?

In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : Exactly what did Manning say about Brady?  And Vanderjagt, weren't Manning's "idiot kicker" comments in response to this public statement from Vanderjagt: "All week before the Jets game I'm like, '(No.) 18, we're going to handle it, me and you we're going to win this game.' And he's like, 'Yeah, yeah, OK.' "And I'm like, 'Peyton, show some enthusiasm, you're the quarterback and we need to win this game.' I just don't see it from him." Manning had every right to defend himself.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Vanderjagt was correct.  Manning is flaccid.  Oh, and YOU are a toad.
    the UNDERTOAD.  "Careful swimming around the BDC forums, kids, the UNDERTOAD might get you!"  This debate is pointless.  You know Brady authored the wins.  And bottom line, no matter what, is Manning lacks the hardware.  You spin that any way you wish, but BRADY HAS 3 RINGS, THE ENTIRE MANNING FAMILY HAS ONLY 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"as the resident contrarian,"

Don't flatter yourself. Just bringing up bad ideas and bad analogies and disagreeing with people doesn't make you a contrarian. Interestingly enough I saw you make a very reasonable and well thought post in the Red Sox forum the other day.Maybe you just understand baseball better i don't know. Maybe if you worried less about getting attention for compulsively disagreeing with people and just had normal discussions things would go better for you. 

But thanks for bringing up 2001. One immediate difference I think think of is that team won a championship while Cutler has not sniffed one.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : Does Brady get any credit for leading the Pats down the field in the Superbowl following this game after a tiring D had given up a tying TD? Or does all the credit for that score go to Vinatieri? How about Brady driving the Pats to the winning FG in the Superbowl against Carolina - after the Pats D gave up the tying TD late? Or does Vinatieri get the credit for that score? Also, I think it is ironic that the only SB the Colts won during Manning's tenure is coincident with his worst statistical performances in the playoffs - which is saying something - UD - your boy Manning only won the one ring because that was the one year your Colts D stepped up come playoff time
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    goes to show you how crappy our other defenses were.  Goes to show you where the idea that Manning had much more pressure on him to perform than Brady ever did.  Goes to show you that when the D doesn't step up for Brady, he also fails.

Defense is THAT important.

But let me clarify - I have never said anywhere that Brady is a bad playoff QB or doesn't deserve credit.  That is another point entirely.  This is about this game which is a part of Brady's legacy and that he is credited with. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : Honestly, Vanderjagt was correct.  Manning is flaccid.  Oh, and YOU are a toad. the UNDERTOAD.  "Careful swimming around the BDC forums, kids, the UNDERTOAD might get you!"  This debate is pointless.  You know Brady authored the wins.  And bottom line, no matter what, is Manning lacks the hardware.  You spin that any way you wish, but BRADY HAS 3 RINGS, THE ENTIRE MANNING FAMILY HAS ONLY 2.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you don't even talk football anymore. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Contrarian - no doubt Brady was more important, but he is given credit for this game (I guess because he started and the pats won) where none is due.  By contrast, Cutler started and could not finish and is being killed nationally (I guess because they started and Bears lost).  The fact is, just as the pats would not have been where they were without Brady, the same can be said (but isn't) about Cutler.   I become more convinced every year that the QB is both given too much credit and too much blame for wins and losses.  Mediocre QB's can win with great defenses and All-Pro QB's can lose with mediocre defenses.  Brady's rings (like Manning's ring) have much to do with their defenses either being great (the pats) or stepping up (the colts).  BTW - with Brady going out in that 01 AFCCG, could you imagine the history change if the pats had lost that game?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]good points.. but brady did win! call it intangible leverage or karma.. just like with jeter with the yanks and others, sure anyone else at their leve; could conceivably and tangibly  put up the same numbers.. fact is winning like life is more than just the tangible! brady provided a calm for a team that needed it, a certain work ethic, underachiever status, and an extension of bb on the field. may not work everywhere else but works with pats. sometimes it transfers well, sometimes NOT! it depends!but you cant deny he has done it.. cant debate results!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]" as the resident contrarian," Don't flatter yourself. Just bringing up bad ideas and bad analogies and disagreeing with people doesn't make you a contrarian. Interestingly enough I saw you make a very reasonable and well thought post in the Red Sox forum the other day.Maybe you just understand baseball better i don't know. Maybe if you worried less about getting attention for compulsively disagreeing with people and just had normal discussions things would go better for you.  But thanks for bringing up 2001. One immediate difference I think think of is that team won a championship while Cutler has not sniffed one.  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]ok, perhaps i shoud start an actual attention getting thread called "is bb and brady DEADMEN WALKING?".....

dude, i call it as i see it...when sox are not going in the right way in my view, in the past in my different incarnations, i have started negative threads  regarding them. MOST of my posts by the way, are POSITIVE. i frequently comment on others' threads in a positive way. i have started my share of BB and brady are the greatest ever threads with factual evidence or proof and on and on.... every so often i may take a different view from the kool-aid aisle... that makes me wrong and bla  bla... come on man...you probably liked my post in that other forum for in that instance i was against NY and cashman.. god forbid had i come within the sox or a boston team with the same strong vodka... then iw ould be dumbb, a diva, and so on.. right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : good points.. but brady did win! call it intangible leverage or karma.. just like with jeter with the yanks and others, sure anyone else at their leve; could conceivably and tangibly  put up the same numbers.. fact is winning like life is more than just the tangible! brady provided a calm for a team that needed it, a certain work ethic, underachiever status, and an extension of bb on the field. may not work everywhere else but works with pats. sometimes it transfers well, sometimes NOT! it depends!but you cant deny he has done it.. cant debate results!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Ah, yes  - the ever important "intangible leverage" (what????).   Forgive me if I call BS.  I can't debate the victory (unless there was a taping influence), but I can debate who caused it, and that was not Brady.  In fact, another Patriot QB had a significantly greater hand in the victory. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : Ah, yes  - the ever important "intangible leverage" (what????).   Forgive me if I call BS.  I can't debate the victory (unless there was a taping influence), but I can debate who caused it, and that was not Brady.  In fact, another Patriot QB had a significantly greater hand in the victory. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]ud, we b on the same page man... in relation to that SPECIFIC game! brady should not have received credit for it.. bledsoe won the game! yes, yes, yes.. like in baseball you must go 5 innnings to qualify for a win (if leading)... brady essentially went only 2 innings while bledsoe did all the work.. but overall, for our dynasty (s), brady is the MANNNNNN! you cant argue with results and success esp when he's been there 4 times and has 3 rings and 2 mvps.. intanverage (intangible leverage)  refers to things like luck, smarts, knowledge of the game, high iq and so forth... always putting oneself in position to win and having the charisma and social skills to get your teammates to rally around you is also a part of it... ud, u must admit in that non-tangible  category brady has a bit more than mr. peyton... is what it is.. it does transfer to victories ultimately!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : You do realize that you don't even talk football anymore. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Oh, not with you.  It's pointless.  NOW we just circle around your sad rejection of facts, and insistence that Peyton shall reach Nirvana without even dying, due to his elevated numbers and serene, lifeless exterior.  No room for any football in there, boy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : exactly, davedslut acts like the pr-spin director of the pats.. kind of a carnival queen in the mode of james carville or sean hannity... two rules: first when anyone disagrees with you or agrees but not a chronic butttboy of you, bash them PERSONALLY or anything they may have to say regardless of the substance or points.. rule 2: when in doubt, always go back to rule #1!

Please read your post over and enjoy the hypocrisy of saying I make personal attacks when your second word  is a personal attack.  Leon, Leon, Leon.  Your dialog is becoming seriously unbalanced.  Please continue to insist you are just a normal Patriot fan who can find NOTHING good about the team, and in a Paul Revere-like quest, you are going to ride through BDC forums alerting all of us poor happy Patriot fans that "The Sanchez is coming!".  Oy.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of "Little wing".  He doesn't bother singing at all.  It may be the best one I have heard to date.  Jon Butcher Axis version isn't too bad either.  Van Halen, not so much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : Oh, not with you.  It's pointless.  NOW we just circle around your sad rejection of facts, and insistence that Peyton shall reach Nirvana without even dying, due to his elevated numbers and serene, lifeless exterior.  No room for any football in there, boy.

Not with anyone.  You don't discuss football.  You just rail against people that dare to have even an indifferent view of the patriots play, personnel, structure, etc, regardless of whether they are pats fans or not. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of "Little wing".  He doesn't bother singing at all.  It may be the best one I have heard to date.  Jon Butcher Axis version isn't too bad either.  Van Halen, not so much.

See then you go and do this and it makes me think you actually are a decent guy.  Stevie Ray's version is great. 

For a more mellow version (adult contemporary), Sting does a nice job with Branford Marsalis doing a nice sax solo. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]So many trolls these days
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

After the onslaught of low-class trolls hit us here post-Jets game, I decided it was time to start using the "ignore" feature. I just put this contrarian clown on ignore. Same with Underoos and a host of others.

Playful debate is one thing, but what the way these guys go about has gotten old.  Dealing with them is not why I come to this forum. Not at all. And frankly, there is something pretty disturbing about people who support other teams spending so much time here (or at any other rival sites). I don't want to converse with crazy people in the super market.  Why should I want to do it here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : After the onslaught of low-class trolls hit us here post-Jets game, I decided it was time to start using the "ignore" feature. I just put this contrarian clown on ignore. Same with Underoos and a host of others. Playful debate is one thing, but what the way these guys go about has gotten old.  Dealing with them is not why I come to this forum. Not at all. And frankly, there is something pretty disturbing about people who support other teams spending so much time here (or at any other rival sites). I don't want to converse with crazy people in the super market.  Why should I want to do it here?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]ooooh its the woodyless man rising above it all esp us low-classers to his high brow self-importance... if you charged 2 cents for your remarks, you would be OVERCHARGING... you insult everyone in your opening statement then you go on to "rise" above the nud you dug up and started.quick,  i think fox news or msnbc is hiring!

After the onslaught of low-class trolls hit us here post-Jets game, I decided it was time to start using the "ignore" feature. I just put this contrarian clown on ignore. Same with Underoos and a host of others. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : ooooh its the woodyless man rising above it all esp us low-classers to his high brow self-importance... if you charged 2 cents for your remarks, you would be OVERCHARGING... you insult everyone in your opening statement then you go on to "rise" above the nud you dug up and started.quick,  i think fox news or msnbc is hiring! After the onslaught of low-class trolls hit us here post-Jets game, I decided it was time to start using the "ignore" feature. I just put this contrarian clown on ignore. Same with Underoos and a host of others. 

He didn't insult everyone in his first statement. He insulted you and a few others. But thinking it was everyone certainly reinforces your narcissism. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

2001???? How about 2010? with a defective foot? and needing surgery right after the season ended.

Lovie Smith supported Culter though, so in the end that's all that matters. he didn't want to risk more injury or watch his offense rely on a guy with a bum knee

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Man have you ever actually seen that hit, it was brutal it looked like a sure break straight away. See how you feel if you take a diving shot straight shoulder to ankle from a blitzing NFL linebacker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

In Response to DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS?:
    [QUOTE]not interested in being controversial, but just saying... as the resident contrarian, i couldnt help but notice how so many pouring strong vodka on cutler conveniently drank the weak koolaid in regards to our tommy. do i believe brady faked it in '01 or didnt try hard enough? NO! but nor did cutler. i cant think of one prime athlete not named moss or eric dickerson who has ever not done everything to be there for his teammates. cutler is a type 1 diabetic who was sacked 57 times and kept getting up. shooting up willy-nilly could be homicidal for him.. give me a break, its ultimately just a game people.  i am sure brady tried to come back in '01 versus the steelers in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game too but sometimes it is best not to tempt fate. brady had a similar injury as cutler, just a sprain right? a 50% brady was not better than a 100% bledsoe atleast on that day. had bears gone with hanie right away and prepped him as the #2, perhaps like bledse, bears win too!  in the game versus the jets, like cutler, i saw a qb boogieing out there on his happy feet, throwing passes at receivers' feet, seeeing ghosts and with that glazed look all over his face. yes, for every 20 great games in a row, brady has now earned the right to one stinker.. hopefully it  wont be AGAIN be in the playoffs next year. cutler likewise is no brady but he did lead his team further than brady did his pats and should be given some slack and respect. he was off way before his injuries but it happens esp when you get smacked around a couple of times. brady's teflon, unfortunately for cutler, he's been branded velcro.. everything sticks for NOW! had joshie kept cutler, he likely will still be in denver not another fallen golden boy.

Idiot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Brady was hurt in '01?  I must have missed that.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Bledsoe came in and threw a TD to Patton. TB on side lines with minor injury.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]21 point lead? 
    Posted by Retro-P[/QUOTE]
    Not true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I think people's issue with Cutler is the result of him standing on the sidelines and doing nothing to help with the playcalling or getting in the ear of either QB who went into the game for him.
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]
    That I certainly agree with. Almost like he didn't care.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AFC FINALS? : Idiot
    Posted by Road-Warrior[/QUOTE]like bbreign, woodyless, and davidslut, at least you do not overcharge when you give your 2 cents worth of opinions...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIDN'T BRADY PULL A CUTLER IN '01 AS HE JUST DID IN '10? : That I certainly agree with. Almost like he didn't care.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]yep he should have brought some crutches with a heavy knee brace to the sidelines and faked the drama or perhaps just worn a brady mask since nothing ever sticks to him...

Sections
Shortcuts