Didn't come to play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Didn't come to play?

"They wanted it more" (Wilfork).  WOW!  These comments say it all.  Of course, who wasn't thinking this?  I mean...of course they came to play; they're the best...would have won it all.

At some junction, the bandwagoners need to get real; accept criticism (for the team) as it is deserved.  Interestingly, Vince didn't mind jumping in, and who could blame him?  Ironically, this team could be much worse without him.

Personally, I never thought I'd be reading comments like this, until this year.  Character seems to be a big problem for this team, something that hasn't been a problem for most of the decade.  Is this team full of losers and malcontents?  Is it the newbies; the free agents?  Regardless, those who don't want it more, should leave; go somewhere else and get paid.

Didn't come to play?  Ironically, this was true for the last play-off game they were in- remember?  The Pats allowed the Giants to take the Super Bowl.  How and why does the team decide not to want a play-off game?  I guess it stands to reason that if they didn't want the Super Bowl, they sure didn't want a game one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Didn't come to play?

Aside from getting blown off the ball on two TD runs, Wilfork played a decent game. 

That dude needs a gut check. He has talent, but mailed it in today. You can't have big league backs like Rice getting to the second level because 7/10 times they will smoke whoever is there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

most of the team was AWOL..including the coaching

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

It's been a problem all year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well thats obvious. At least this season is finally over and BB can somehow rebuild this team back to Championship status via the draft and free agency. The pass rush this year was just horrible. Non-existent and down right putrid. May I never have to watch a season like this for as long as I live. May BB stop drafting Ellis Hobbs clones (Wilhite & Wheatley) and for once, stop bringing these aging, slow, butter finger, injury prone veterans (Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Shawn Springs, Leigh OMG thats how a girl spells it Bodden, Junior Seau) to this team. And for Christ sake, get rid of "Door" Matt and Kaczualty.

Okay, I think its all out of my system now.

Here is to the 2010 Pats. Champions again in '10?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

The Only PATS that Showed up today:

1. Edleman
    2. Faulk
    3. Wilfork
    4. Morris
    5. Bodden
    6. Springs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

so what is affecting the WANT of this team????? That's the question for next year(gosh that ticks me off having to say that)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Staleness...even BB is not immune to it. Look what happened to Shanny in Denver. Players just get tired of you after awhile and vice versa. Same ole speeches...exppressions..motivational methods.....Familiarity breeds contempt and all that.
    Human nature more than anything. BB/Brady have been there awhile, maybe the scene is just getting tired for all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Honestly, the defense wasn't nearly as bad as the score indicates. Were they elite? No. Baltimore showed what an elite defense looks like. 

The problem lies more in the offense giving the ball up three times. They are easily shocked into futility because they can only do two things well, and one of them takes time, throw short and throw really deep. 

They cannot:
    control the middle of the field with pass
    run the ball at will

After a while you can coach a team up against the misdirection/timing run plays Ne uses (and screens) to get some other yardage. 

But in the end, if Ne had one other thing to hang their hat on (a great TE, or a great running game) they wouldn't be able to be blitzed into the fetal position. 

NE needs to reevaluate what kind of offense they are building, because the spread formation is cooked here. They simply do not have the talent, and do not play in he conditions conducive to that kind of offense. 

I mean, what was O'Brien thinking running spread all game long with a 'killer' spread of Aiken, Slater, Edelman and Moss. 

Broken. 

They need a good TE who can catch and doesn't volley every other pass back up in the air for a defender to grab, and a dominant RB, along with some offensive lineman who don't require calcium supplements for their missing spines. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Simple fact is, this loss had nothing to do with "want."  It had everything to do with non-execution, costly turnovers, uninspired play, and the other team taking advantage of the very breaks we gave them.

So, are you advocating that the Patriots wanted it (more), but simply could not play as well on that particular day?  Of course, "uninspired play" might certainly relate to wanting to win more than the competition.  In addition, giving the opposition so many breaks, particularly so early, might also fall into the the same category. 

I concur that players use various forms of trite expressions that many of them have been coached to utter, in particular circumctances.  However, some of them actually map to the occurances that took place on the field.  Personally, I believe that the Giants wanted the (2007) Super Bowl more than the Patriots.  It appeared to me that the 2007 Pats believed that they were due (based on performance to date) a Super Bowl win without connecting the effort that was required...a far cry from the previous NE SB winners.

Since then, it appears many players have come to New England to win a Super Bowl, as though it might be automatic.  Unfortunately, many of the types (e.g. Thomas, Galloway, etc...) have no idea what is required to go the distance.  Of course, now there are only a few players left who do.

Sections
Shortcuts