Didn't we just sign this guy to a big contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Didn't we just sign this guy to a big contract?

" CB Kyle Arrington played three of his 34 snaps in the second half. Assuming there was no injury, it looks like the coaches viewed his performance in the first half as one that needed improvement as Alfonzo Dennard played over him in the base defense and rookie Logan Ryan came on for him in sub."  Reiss

This would be rather disappointing news if he isn't injured. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Didn't we just sign this guy to a big contract?

Never got to watch the game but that sounds curious. 

I told everyone here I didn't care for him and thought he was a weak link. In the same breath I said I'd gladly come back and eat crow if he had a good season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Arrington sux. Good job here Tcal, nobody supports this team like you!    

"Defense Wins Championships"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I thought both Arrington and Dennard played bad on Sunday.  Arrignton can not line up wide, he must play the slot.  Dennard got beat all day.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I thought both Arrington and Dennard played bad on Sunday.  Arrignton can not line up wide, he must play the slot.  Dennard got beat all day.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Williams had 5 receptions for 65 yards on 9 targets.  Dennard was covering Williams.  I wouldn't really say that's getting beat all day.

It's pretty much universally known that Arrington is primarily a slot cornerback.  I don't get why people hate on the guy.  He forced 2 fumbles in the first week that changed the game and now we want to speculate that he sucks because they put the rookie in to get a few snaps?  Geesh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Either i gameplan decision or maybe a smaller injury. I think Arrington played well vs. Bills and he didn't stand out either way against the Jets.

That Dennard played over him in the base defense, isn't that what we all want? Talib and Dennard? Not really a surprise.

As for Logan Ryan playing over him in sub it could be a matter of letting Ryan get some snaps, and see how he performs. As most of us knew before the game, and if we know surely BB knows as well, this was one of the weaker offenses they are going to see this season. So let some of the young guys get some playing time where possible.

What most of us tend to forget about Arrington is that he doesn't only play defense, but also plays a lot of special teams. As I recall, over the last 4 seasons or so he is second only to Slater in tackles on ST.

Supra societatem nemo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They played Arrington out wide because Dennard has trouble with fast, quick, tall, athletic and lanky guys like Williams (Stevie Johnson). Dennard works best against possession recievers he can bully (Eric Decker). When Arrington couldn't contest, they took their chances with Dennard. 

He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good in coverage on Suday. He works best against slot WRs, we all know that. Let's just hope he does well against Welker when we meet them. Our entire secondary is built to stop Denver by pure coincidence. 

Dennard matches up really well against Decker, Talib matches up really well against Thomas and Arrington is suppose to matche up really well against Welker. We'll need them all. 

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

" CB Kyle Arrington played three of his 34 snaps in the second half. Assuming there was no injury, it looks like the coaches viewed his performance in the first half as one that needed improvement as Alfonzo Dennard played over him in the base defense and rookie Logan Ryan came on for him in sub."  Reiss

Why is it disappointing? A player cant have a bad day or one bad game? Are you the same guy who was singing Arringtons praises after weeks 1 and 2? You have really started to turned into a Rkarp / Hurly type troll always finding the negative in the team. Root for a new team if it bothers you that much!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

SUPRISE. SUPRISE ! Another brilliant move by Bellichick the GM. BB signs Arrington to 3x more than he's worth. And conversely, BB continues to sign JAGS and fails to sign a difference maker on the D. I am confident the PATS offense will be just fine in a few weeks. However, I expect our D to be exposed in the coming weeks when they face stiffer competition. So many HOMERS on this board are so high on our D this year. Well, we shall see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

since the d only gave up 3 pts. last week, I think I'll give arrington a pass for now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have no problem with either Arrington's play thus far this season or the length/value of his contract.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

No, "we" didn't sign him to anything. That was someone else, with their money. We're just wasting time at work or at home (some of us in our mommy's basement) disagreeing about what those other people are doing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/03/breaking_down_kyle_arringtons_contract

Cornerback Kyle Arrington's contract has officially been filed, and it's a four-year, $16 million deal with a $6.5 million signing bonus and $8 million in guaranteed money.Here is the breakdown.

2013:Cap hit: $2.625 millionBase salary: $1 million (fully guaranteed)Cash value: $7.5 millionSigning bonus: $6.5 millionNLTBE: $250,000

2014:Cap hit: $3.625 millionBase salary: $2 million ($1 million guaranteed)Cash value: $2 millionNLTBE: $250,000

2015:Cap hit: $4.625 millionBase salary: $3 millionCash value: $3 millionNLTBE: $250,0002016:Cap hit: $5.125 millionBase salary: $3.5 millionCash value: $3.5 millionNLTBE: $250,000

Notes: The Not Likely to Be Earned (NLTBE) bonus is based on a Pro Bowl appearance. The number doesn't count against the cap unless it is earned during the season. Therefore, the max value of the contract is $17 million. -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This is Arringtons mo, very inconsistent. Has a couple good games then has a couple bad games goinig back and forth between the two. The main factor though seems to be that the bad games usually happens when he plays outside on snaps.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This is Arringtons mo, very inconsistent. Has a couple good games then has a couple bad games goinig back and forth between the two. The main factor though seems to be that the bad games usually happens when he plays outside on snaps.

he is not a cover corner, which BB is fine with. BB wants his CB's to play the edge, tackle well, create TO's and lastly cover WR's. Arrington fits the bill of what BB wants perfectly. Bend but dont break. Arrington rates a good game with good tackling and turnovers. When the Pats have a lead and the opposition needs to pass to catch up, Arrington is a liability in coverage.

Arrington good game=turnovers created, open field tackle, stop the run

Arrington bad game=no turnovers created, giving up passing yardage

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

He got flagged  for interference penalty that cost about 40 yards.  It was an obvious grab when he had good position.

Hey, you don't know if words were exchanged or what.  those contract numbers may have incentives based on snaps as well.  

value over replacement coming into play (again).  The Slater injury might have played in, since gunner is one of the most valuable positions on the team...  ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/03/breaking_down_kyle_arringtons_contract

Cornerback Kyle Arrington's contract has officially been filed, and it's a four-year, $16 million deal with a $6.5 million signing bonus and $8 million in guaranteed money.Here is the breakdown.

2013:Cap hit: $2.625 millionBase salary: $1 million (fully guaranteed)Cash value: $7.5 millionSigning bonus: $6.5 millionNLTBE: $250,000

2014:Cap hit: $3.625 millionBase salary: $2 million ($1 million guaranteed)Cash value: $2 millionNLTBE: $250,000

2015:Cap hit: $4.625 millionBase salary: $3 millionCash value: $3 millionNLTBE: $250,0002016:Cap hit: $5.125 millionBase salary: $3.5 millionCash value: $3.5 millionNLTBE: $250,000

Notes: The Not Likely to Be Earned (NLTBE) bonus is based on a Pro Bowl appearance. The number doesn't count against the cap unless it is earned during the season. Therefore, the max value of the contract is $17 million. -

I'm no capologist...  But that's a lot of cheese on that cracker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

OOOOO, another negative thread about the Pats. Things are going to well, we must have negativity!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Arrington sux. Good job here Tcal, nobody supports this team like you!    

"Defense Wins Championships"

NO WAY! We have 53 HOFers at all times. GO PATS! Hurray!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

OOOOO, another negative thread about the Pats. Things are going to well, we must have negativity!

NO WAY! They might as well give us the Lombardi now, because we have all the best players at every position!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

[QUOTE]

SUPRISE. SUPRISE ! Another brilliant move by Bellichick the GM. BB signs Arrington to 3x more than he's worth. And conversely, BB continues to sign JAGS and fails to sign a difference maker on the D. I am confident the PATS offense will be just fine in a few weeks. However, I expect our D to be exposed in the coming weeks when they face stiffer competition. So many HOMERS on this board are so high on our D this year. Well, we shall see.

[/QUOTE]

So you're hoping the D fails so you can say "Told you so"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jackson and Williams are bigger guys, better to have your bigger corners on the field, I see this as a question of matchups.  Also he played a lot of snaps in games one and two, they gave Ryan more reps in this game from what I saw without looking at the snap count, along with Collins, it's a long season you need to keep everyone healthy and maybe he got dinged up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

...and there go the usual suspects jumping aboard the weekly roller coaster ride of weekly emotional  over-reaction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

That was a tough matchup for two 5'10" CBs.  You do realise that the other team tries to exploit matchups right?  I love this place -- in our haste to find the guy who didn't have his best game are we overlooking the fact that the Bucs scored three points?  I don't care what anyone says, signing guys like Nink and Arrington to reasonable deals is not a bad strategy.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

That was a tough matchup for two 5'10" CBs.  You do realise that the other team tries to exploit matchups right?  I love this place -- in our haste to find the guy who didn't have his best game are we overlooking the fact that the Bucs scored three points?  I don't care what anyone says, signing guys like Nink and Arrington to reasonable deals is not a bad strategy.   

Patriots frequently have a hard time with larger/taller WRs. BB likes his CBs to be short....lol

Sections
Shortcuts