Didn't we just sign this guy to a big contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Didn't we just sign this guy to a big contract?

I'm no capologist... But that's a lot of cheese on that cracker

hey...  That was one of my better lines, where's the sense of humor on this board . ...? Wow...lol.

Seriously, Arrington like Slater and st studs before them like izzo, have inflated values on this team because of the ST performance.   which probably should be adjusted based on the new rules causing zero kick returns. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

That was a tough matchup for two 5'10" CBs.  You do realise that the other team tries to exploit matchups right?  I love this place -- in our haste to find the guy who didn't have his best game are we overlooking the fact that the Bucs scored three points?  I don't care what anyone says, signing guys like Nink and Arrington to reasonable deals is not a bad strategy.   

Hmmm...  I was thinking 8mil guaranteed was a STRETCH for a part time nickel corner who plays special teams. 

I scored 710 on my sat math, but I can't make sense of this cap crap...  Yikes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like the play of Arrington.  I wonder if Vincent Jackson's injury forced Tampa to take a vastly different route, making the second half different for the Pats.

(I watched the game at a bar, so I missed some integral parts!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I thought both Arrington and Dennard played bad on Sunday.  Arrignton can not line up wide, he must play the slot.  Dennard got beat all day.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Williams had 5 receptions for 65 yards on 9 targets.  Dennard was covering Williams.  I wouldn't really say that's getting beat all day.

It's pretty much universally known that Arrington is primarily a slot cornerback.  I don't get why people hate on the guy.  He forced 2 fumbles in the first week that changed the game and now we want to speculate that he sucks because they put the rookie in to get a few snaps?  Geesh.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Anyone who watched that game through an objective lense could see that Dennard and Talib had fantastic days against a talented group of receivers. Jackson and Williams are tough covers.

To say Dennard had a bad day, or to claim that he was consistently beat, is entirely incorrect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

" CB Kyle Arrington played three of his 34 snaps in the second half. Assuming there was no injury, it looks like the coaches viewed his performance in the first half as one that needed improvement as Alfonzo Dennard played over him in the base defense and rookie Logan Ryan came on for him in sub."  Reiss

This would be rather disappointing news if he isn't injured. 

SUPRISE. SUPRISE ! Another brilliant move by Bellichick the GM. BB signs Arrington to 3x more than he's worth. And conversely, BB continues to sign JAGS and fails to sign a difference maker on the D. I am confident the PATS offense will be just fine in a few weeks. However, I expect our D to be exposed in the coming weeks when they face stiffer competition. So many HOMERS on this board are so high on our D this year. Well, we shall see.

[/QUOTE]

Well, then. You're quite the positive fan, huh?

You "expect" the defense to be "exposed"? Are you sure you're a Pats fan? I can't think of any "fan" who would expect such a thing, let alone write it down. 

Hyperbole and nonsense. Just a bunch of hyperbole and nonsense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He needs to play well in the slot as he has in the past. Ryan is getting PT because BB needs to see what he can do. Arrington was signed to play the slot and because Talib could be gone. The pass D has looked good enought to get TOs and the occasional coverage sack. Tough test comes this week against Atlanta. When a defense does not give up TDs that is usually a good thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

That was a tough matchup for two 5'10" CBs.  You do realise that the other team tries to exploit matchups right?  I love this place -- in our haste to find the guy who didn't have his best game are we overlooking the fact that the Bucs scored three points?  I don't care what anyone says, signing guys like Nink and Arrington to reasonable deals is not a bad strategy.   

Hmmm...  I was thinking 8mil guaranteed was a STRETCH for a part time nickel corner who plays special teams. 

I don't think that money is ridiculous for a guy who you know can play in your system, who is in his prime and who, besides being a good slot corner, plays ST and supports the run just as well as any CB in the league.  That's reasonable in my book, especially considering that a guy like Talib is making almost  $5 million guaranteed for 1 year and may price himself out of NE.  Talib is the better coverage corner for sure, and is a notch above Arrington in that regard, but Arrington does a lot for this team.      

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

The mods have got to rid this board of trolls. 

They do, but you keep coming back.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I don't think that money is ridiculous for a guy who you know can play in your system, who is in his prime and who, besides being a good slot corner, plays ST and supports the run just as well as any CB in the league.  That's reasonable in my book, especially considering that a guy like Talib is making almost  $5 million guaranteed for 1 year and may price himself out of NE.  Talib is the better coverage corner for sure, and is a notch above Arrington in that regard, but Arrington does a lot for this team.      

agree , when you compare to talib.  5 mil seems  like a lot for cornerbacks.  This free market system really destroys teams .  You do all the work to put a good team together and then , see ya.... You're too expensive.   even if he gets franchised...  You're paying him based on ridiculous contracts paid by stupid gms elsewhere in the league.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

" CB Kyle Arrington played three of his 34 snaps in the second half. Assuming there was no injury, it looks like the coaches viewed his performance in the first half as one that needed improvement as Alfonzo Dennard played over him in the base defense and rookie Logan Ryan came on for him in sub."  Reiss

SUPRISE. SUPRISE ! Another brilliant move by Bellichick the GM. BB signs Arrington to 3x more than he's worth. And conversely, BB continues to sign JAGS and fails to sign a difference maker on the D. I am confident the PATS offense will be just fine in a few weeks. However, I expect our D to be exposed in the coming weeks when they face stiffer competition. So many HOMERS on this board are so high on our D this year. Well, we shall see.

[/QUOTE]

No, you're just a whiner.  Every single one of your posts is filled with whine whine whine.  Do you want some cheese, too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Arrington sux. Good job here Tcal, nobody supports this team like you!    

"Defense Wins Championships"

Hey weren't yopu the guy who argued with Tcal all day long about BJGE? How's he looking nowadays? Three games into the season and he barely has 100 yards rushing, with a 2.8 YPC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Arrington sux. Good job here Tcal, nobody supports this team like you!    

"Defense Wins Championships"

Hey weren't yopu the guy who argued with Tcal all day long about BJGE? How's he looking nowadays? Three games into the season and he barely has 100 yards rushing, with a 2.8 YPC.

Say What!? You aint know Benny is gonna lead Cincy to the SB this year?

Benny coughed another one up the other day. I told folks it would be tougher sledding in the AFC Norrris!  They are using him to wear down the defense, same as we did, not for production. Good thing he got paid.  They got the Giovanni kid to break runs. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you're just a whiner.  Every single one of your posts is filled with whine whine whine.  Do you want some cheese, too?

[/QUOTE]

Here, he can have some of this.  Gee, I can't wait to see what the Gloomers have to say after we lose a game.   :(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's hilarious how the "Heather's" out there get all bent at me for Quoting Reiss.  Not my words people.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts