Difference between the Pats and Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

Difference between the Pats and Sox

The red sox are completely influenced by the fans......

The Pats don't give a fu** and will only do things they're way....

That's why the Pats are the best and the envy of the league!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Difference between the Pats and Sox

sounds great when you're winning. gyarantee if the pats went 3 seasons without winning and belichick left and the new guy was getting no respect with chaos everywhere, they would care. winning breeds leverage. sawx have done the right thing. they didnt seem to care when they were winning 2 rings did they?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

The Pats system is a machine.....

They will not have a losing year While BB's in charge...

The Sox system is flawed which has been evident over the past years....

From the farm up through the front office....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The problem was that the Sox were influenced by the wrong fans, huge difference.

The real fans never thought Lackey was a good signing (PR move to say they made a big signing), never understood the Crawford signing (another PR move that didn't make sense for the club), wanted Beckett gone after last season (kept because they thought it would hurt the brand), and wanted to trade Ellsbury at the peak of his value this past off-season (kept because didn't want to upset the girls who have a crush on him).

Most of what controlled the Sox moves were pink hat motives based on greed to squeeze every last dollar out not what was best for the team.

The Pats also made fan recommended moves but they did so based on it improving the team (ie signing an outside threat, Lloyd, drafting pass rushing, Hightower, Bequette, and Jones, and tying up Gronk early before he can ever sniff FA, fan favorite)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Valentine is a joke. I side with Gonzalez and Pedroia.

Beckett needed to go, and so did Crawford to a lesser extent, but Gonzalez taking the fall as a "whiner" simply because he called Valentine out for the joke that he is really disappoints me.

Sure, whining would never happen on the Red Sox, but neither would Bobby Valentine, or Larry Lucchino for that matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Fans?  Really?

I'd say they HATE their manager, and they all hated losing Tito... I think that's what it really boils down to. 

The media got involved making everything worse and just like that there is less drama all of a sudden.

Valentine finishes out the year then gets canned, and then the rebuilding process begins.  They go after pitching during the off season.

Hopefully the young guys keep improving.  Ownership is making good moves at the moment IMO.  They are saving a quarter of a billion on 2 non-factor players, and another who is not even a true power hitter albeit an elite hitter... Well done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The Pats are the adults and the Sox are the teenage kids.

In every organization, it all starts from the top. I think Kraft is the best owner of any local sports team.

A close 2nd would go to the Celtics. Ainge and Doc are doing a great job there.

It's really a sad situation what's happend @ Fenway over the last year....at least they made a good trade today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Difference between the Pats and Sox:
    [QUOTE]Valentine is a joke. I side with Gonzalez and Pedroia. Beckett needed to go, and so did Crawford to a lesser extent, but Gonzalez taking the fall as a "whiner" simply because he called Valentine out for the joke that he is really disappoints me. Sure, whining would never happen on the Red Sox, but neither would Bobby Valentine, or Larry Lucchino for that matter.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

You can't exactly blame Bobby V. Yeah he stinks as a manager but the players showed him zero respect from the beginning and never gave him a shot. The problems started last Sept when the players took control and the ownership and manager bowed down to him. Then before Bobby V even took power he had his legs cut out from under him when ownership hired other coaches who didn't listen to the manager and let players completely bypass the manager and whine to the owners. If you did that in your job and basically didn't listen to your boss and went over their head to whine then you'd be fired not give new headphones and a party on the owners yacht.

As for Agon. It's sad to see him leave but if he's the price to get rid of Beckett and unload Crawfords contract then so be it. I actually liked Crawford too but he's a $15mil a year guy max not $20mil, way over payed. Beckett was nothing but a fat happy malcontent who once given the rotation to be the leader of it's all fallen apart. It's part of that reason, if you doubt it ask yourself why Lester (a kid from the Northwest) suddenly picked up a Texas accent and bad habits

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

thx

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Bob Kraft vs John Henry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Interesting...

Fans said:
    -Pats will NEVER trade for a guy like Dillon.
    -Pats would NEVER trade for Moss
    -You can't lose your starting job to injury, or bench the face of the franchise (Brady/Bledsoe - 2001)
    -You can't cut Lawyer Milloy the day before the season

Pats have shown a willingness to make hard, unpopular decisions.

Theo said 'bridge year' in 2010, and fans FREAKED OUT! Enter Lackey, Crawford and Beltre. Scutaro was already coming. Oh, and because of Lackey, they felt inclined to extend beckett with an identical deal after having a HORRIBLE outing to start the year.

Crawford was a total head-scratcher to all baseball fans. It simply made 0 sense for so many reasons. Ownership has denied it, but I see no baseball reason why Crawford was signed. They already had a leadoff, left handed hitting, fast OFer. Total PR move.

But, to be fair, baseball and football contracts are not comparable. The Pats can take a hard line with players because contracts are not guaranteed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

The difference that the managers & coaches have power in the Pats organization, and they have the respect of the players.

Where as with the Sox, the GM and the manager have no pwer to do anything. The team is being run by Lucchino who is NOT a baseball guy.

The players on the Sox are a bunch of sissies who cry about everything under the sun....and ownership, and management let's them get away with it.

Would love to see one of the Pats players pull that crap with BB and see what happens. I have no respect for players who make millions that act like children like we have at Fenway. they are truly a classless embarrassment to the league. The big trade was a first step in removing one of the biggest cancers in the clubhouse....now they need to keep going and rid the entire organization of whiners and cry-babies.....only then will they start to have a team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

One is a football team and the other a baseball team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Football good.

Baseball bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Football good. Baseball bad.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

I agree. Boston has some great fans, as a kid I liked the Red Sox but over the years baseball has become boring for me. I wish the Sox well but wouldn't watch one of their games. Wouldn't miss even a pre season snap of the Patriots though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Difference between the Pats and Sox : I agree. Boston has some great fans, as a kid I liked the Red Sox but over the years baseball has become boring for me. I wish the Sox well but wouldn't watch one of their games. Wouldn't miss even a pre season snap of the Patriots though.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

I meant that to be said in my best Frankenstien voice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Agreed sporter81. I have zero interest in Baseball also. That was about the time the Braves promised a fat 3rd baseman an Extra $25K per pound just for losing weight before showing up for ST. Sheeez! I think the last game I saw a game was when Clemens throws a broken bat in front of a runner, not ejected! .... Grown men?

The $$ guaranteed contracts are the difference, I think. Once those baseball gods get their $$ they simply have no fear and are set financially for life with an attitude. On the other hand Football players get as much as they can in guarantees but still know they need to work to stay in the NFL or get cut.

Baseball players make ya sick ..... Rather go watch a live LL game, more fun. Easy game (and less violent) for Kids to understand is the reason it's so popular.
    Old players still charge $20 bucks for an autograph.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I agree with palookaski. It all has to do with guaranteed contracts. The only reason BB can run the Pats that way is due to football having non guaranteed contracts. Does anyone think that BB could run the Pats the way he does now if football had guaranteed contracts like baseball does. No way. The only way baseball gets better IMHO is to get rid of those guaranteed contracts and I don't see the baseball union ever agreeing to that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't know how to explain this, but generally speaking Red Sox fans are obnoxious, entitled, immature know-it-alls, while Pats fans are good-natured, and far more humble. I get that they're often the same people, so as I said I can't explain it. But that's been my experience. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

It's not the fans as whiney as they are. The Sox definately have more pink hat ( became a 'fan' after championships) than the Pats. It's not Bobby V anymore than it was Tito. It's the ownership.

Sections
Shortcuts