Difference Maker: Brandon Meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Difference Maker: Brandon Meriweather

Agreed.  Good analysis IMO.  I note though that for some reason, Brandon isn't very popular here.  I don't know why.  What player gets it right everytime?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Theres always calls to cut Merriweather. I like the guy and think he's a good player. So from cut Endleman to cut Merriweather there are the gloom and doomers. I don't think we should cut anyone. I hope Merriweather can help chung on his pass coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Agreed, I think he'll be a big difference maker this weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Two diffenences in game 2. Brandon Merriweather on defense as you noted. But on offence it was Logan mankins, if any of you saw ESPN yesterday Tedy showed how Mankins made the difference on offence by making huge blocks and even made some blocks 15 nd 20 yards down the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I agree both players are young and have potential. Brandon is very physical and that is what we need playing the safety position. I like how aggressive Chung play too, he just need to improve on coverage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I always supported Meriweather and love the fact he likes to scare opposing WR's and TE's.  He's always giving it his all out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I actually think that BB will limit his snaps. We're facing Mark Sanchez, he can't go deep to save his life. I can see Chung, Sanders and Page getting more snaps because they are more disciplined against the run. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Good point, '49Patriots'...but I think the key, even more than stopping the run will be to take away Sanchez' weapons:  Keller and Edwards deep.  That's BB's MO - take away what they like to do.

They ran plenty vs NE in the December Monday Night Blowout.  150+ yds, 4.9 per carry...and it didn't help them out at all.  People are getting carried away with the "Jets will run, control the clock, pound"  Wright was out in the Dec game, and Brace played very limited snaps.  They ran well, and it got them nowhere.

And 'maine12':  right on the money - Mankins, too!  Need to sign him.

Question:  resign Mankins at the expense of losing Light?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

I think the knocks on Chung for his coverage come largely from the fact that he has essentially had to become a nickel back, in one on one coverages, once they go to their sub packages, and Sanders has usually covered the deep half of the field alongside BM, as a result of injuries to the CB position. He's an instinictive, hard hitting safety, and man coverage isnt suited to display his coverage abilities as well as being able to play deep zone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Plus the way balls were sailing last week with Sanchez I have no problem predicting Merriweather to get TWO picks on sailing balls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not news to me, Meriweather is a great Patriot and contributor