Different rule explanation question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Different rule explanation question

On the Patriot rushing TD that was called back because the Jet DL jumped offside, why was the play ruled dead? Isn't it a free play? The RB was nowhere near the DL that jumped either. I can see if the DL came through the line & was unimpeded to the QB, but he jumped back & was basically out of the play at that point. The Patriots only got a FG out of it, a swing of 4 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Different rule explanation question

it was amazing how the many questionable calls all went against the patriots hmmm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

There was also the play with a hold on NE, a hold on the Jets, & an unsportsmanlike penalty on the Jets, that somehow turned in to offsetting penalties? How is that possible?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Despite the commissioner calling the Pats the "Crown Jewel of the NFL" (2002), he clearly hates the Pats and instructs the refs to make sure they receive the short end of all calls.

This makes sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There was also the play with a hold on NE, a hold on the Jets, & an unsportsmanlike penalty on the Jets, that somehow turned in to offsetting penalties? How is that possible?

[/QUOTE]

Seems strange, even after the 100th time I've witnessed that offsetting kind of thing.  Sounds like you need to watch more football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems strange, even after the 100th time I've witnessed that offsetting kind of thing.  Sounds like you need to watch more football.

[/QUOTE]

Explain to me please how 2 penalties, a 15 yd & 10 yd combined, offset a single 10 yd penalty. It doesn't seem like you have the answer either or you would have explained it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazza02129. Show dazza02129's posts

[QUOTE]

Explain to me please how 2 penalties, a 15 yd & 10 yd combined, offset a single 10 yd penalty. It doesn't seem like you have the answer either or you would have explained it.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's because you have to pick one of the two Jets penalties to enforce, which would be the 15, and that unfortunately offsets against our 10. If ours were a 5 it wouldn't offset. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

When does it stop becoming coincidence that NJ teams are the benefactors in every one of these "odd" calls? The Jets stand out since they do the exact same penalties, during the same game, that the Jets "blow the whistle" on, & never get called for it.

Sections
Shortcuts