Different Viewpoints Re: Epic Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Different Viewpoints Re: Epic Game

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/differing_viewpoints_on_an_epi.html

Viewpoint from NOLA media vs. Boston...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Different Viewpoints Re: Epic Game

I have to say that listening to that reporter restored my faith a little in reporting. It was upbeat, complimentary of both teams and coaches and balanced view. Kind of nice to see a more realistic balanced report than one that is trying to prove a point instead of reporting on the facts.

Did Patriots win the game or did the Saints lose it? I say a little of both. Pats made the last play and won the scoring part of the game. The Saints came from 10 points down at half and were leading the game up until the last play. Both the touchdown by the Saints and the Pats in the fourth quarters were by inches and not because of major breakdowns in defense but instead by great plays by the offense. Both Brady and Brees threw perfect passes or both would not have been completed.

Thank God Thompkins caught the ball and did not drop it. Great win by Pats, good showing by Saints.

A bit sad that a report from New Orleans can be objective but Borges and Shaungessy from Boston show no support for thier home team. Pats should ban them both from the sidelines and the games.

I hope the Pats can build off this win and kick the Jets and Dolphins butts the next two weeks. I love the grit and attitude of this team. I wish they had the fire power of the last few years on offense but I love the team this year and it sure is exciting watching the games.

GO PATS! P-A-T-S 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. Different viewpoints? I live in NOLA now. 

Want to see a different viewpoint?

Here is what I've heard since the game ended:

Bodiliy injury threats directed at Brady. Some more directed at me, lol.

Dozens of people on FB complaining that they were getting jobbed by the refs (including a conspiracy theory that this comes back to the NFL and Bountygate). 

I've been called a carpetbagger and told to go home. 

My GF (for telling people she thought the Saints are dirty) was called a terrible human being. 

For making fun of their campy "Who Dat?" chant ... she was called a racist. 

Want to see an entitled fan base? Look to this area. They are raaw pink hats. And when they don't win, they are shocked beyond belief and get real butt-hurt about it, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dozens of people on FB complaining that they were getting jobbed by the refs (including a conspiracy theory that this comes back to the NFL and Bountygate). 

My GF (for telling people she thought the Saints are dirty) was called a terrible human being. 

Want to see an entitled fan base? Look to this area. They are raaw pink hats. And when they don't win, they are shocked beyond belief and get real butt-hurt about it, lol.

[/QUOTE]

Wow........... Thanks for sharing that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats hilarous lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yeah, Saints fanbase is one of the worst in the NFL, they win a Super Bowl and now they think they are entitled to something. I had one try to tell me the Pats should lose their rings over Spaygate, and I asked him if the Saints should lose theirs since they intentionally injured Warner and Favre on their magical playoff run. He went red, sputtered, and had no answer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering what the locals have been through, I would not have expected NOLA to be like that.  The last game I attended was the Titans-Patriots game.  The fans their were really nice - even got invited to several tailgates by Titan fans before the game started even though we had Patriot jerseys on.

San Francisco just got a bad rap..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/10/14/49ers-candlestick-park-fans-worst-calais-campbell-cardinals/2981447/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, Saints fanbase is one of the worst in the NFL, they win a Super Bowl and now they think they are entitled to something. I had one try to tell me the Pats should lose their rings over Spaygate, and I asked him if the Saints should lose theirs since they intentionally injured Warner and Favre on their magical playoff run. He went red, sputtered, and had no answer. 

[/QUOTE]

lol, gotta remember that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Z

I am shocked that people take things so personally and become defensive, aggressive and vitriolic. On the other hand, we have similar defensive/aggressive reactions (without death threats) happening daily on this board and that is disturbing as well. 

What is it about sports viewing that stirs up the worst in people? Or what is everyone so unhappy about that all this rage finds its way out in sports viewing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I have seen lots of comments from Saints fans about the refs and penalties.  If I recall, correctly, how many offensive holding calls were made against the Saints?  I believe NONE!  While the Pats had at least two called on Mankins, I believe.  Oh well, excuses are for losers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Z

I am shocked that people take things so personally and become defensive, aggressive and vitriolic. On the other hand, we have similar defensive/aggressive reactions (without death threats) happening daily on this board and that is disturbing as well. 

What is it about sports viewing that stirs up the worst in people? Or what is everyone so unhappy about that all this rage finds its way out in sports viewing?

[/QUOTE]

it is a reflection on today's culture. POLITE society has been replaced by an all permissive society which refuses to stand in judgement.  Hang Major Hassan, Bradley Manning, AH, AP son's killer, and Snowden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Who dey gun bea gin !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who dey gun bea gin !!!

[/QUOTE

Aints forever in my book

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that through the years.  They have huge egos, both the fans and the team.  Check out of Asylum Guido's posts in there on any of the threads. Hilarious.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know Asylum Guido. But the fans here are entitled brats.

They have this narrative in their head about how the Saints (who were almost shipped out of town because they couldn't fill the stadium) saved them after Katrina, and Sean Payton was that saviour embodied.

Then they were persecuted unfairly.

Now that he is back ... they just assume ... really they ASSUME ... they are winning the Superbowl.

The aftermath, even today at the university, is like a collective moment of cognitive dissonance. I even asked a group of people today riding me about how the refs were paid (really) what amount of credit should be given to Brady for beating them on a 56 second drive that featured connections with last year's punt returner, a rookie UDFA, another rookie, and a guy who was signed off the street a week before game time -- only one of whom had ever caught a pass. Or what credit should be given to New England for basically blotting Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles, out of the game completely ... even after Aquid Talib (who's been all-world this season) left the game ... and doing so without Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, etc. 

Their response was stunning ... they gave zero credit to Brady or New England's defense, and they blamed both of those triumphs on the refs, claiming NE was allowed to "have three guys hang off Graham" and that Brady's line "was allowed to hold all day."

In my life, I've never thought NE was jobbed out of a game. Even the 2006 "faceguarding" call ... I've always said Ne had that game in their hands regardless of the call. If Reche Caldwell makes an easy catch, or Heath Evans doesn't 12th man it, NE walks away with a win. They had it in their hands, and they couldn't execute.

I can only laugh ... because it really demonstrates how new to football these people really are. If there is one thing growing up in a city with 35 professional championships teaches you, it's how hard they are to come by. And it teaches you how you are NEVER entitled to a second championship, rather you have to earn it at double difficulty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have seen lots of comments from Saints fans about the refs and penalties.  If I recall, correctly, how many offensive holding calls were made against the Saints?  I believe NONE!  While the Pats had at least two called on Mankins, I believe.  Oh well, excuses are for losers.

[/QUOTE]

Many Saints fans in the stadium on Sunday or perhaps it just seemed that way because many pats fans left early. Anyways, they were awfully vocal going as far as taunting most pat's fans after the Brady int. The look on their faces was priceless after the TD lots of jaws hanging on the ground. Lot's of expletives about their D and the coaching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

In my life, I've never thought NE was jobbed out of a game.

[/QUOTE]

I recall the phantom roughing the passer (Stabler) that allowed Oakland to go to the Super Bowl instead of us.  There were several other times as well that don't come readily to mind, but none as important as that one.

That said, we lucked out big time on the interception when they didn't call a time out that Brees was signalling -- and to compound the error, their snap was after the play clock expired and that wasn't called either, which would have negated the play.

We also got the benefit of a 4th and 1 false start on NO that should have been a first down for them because NE clearly was in the neutral zone.  It force NO to punt.

Note:  I say this as an extremely loyal Pats fan since '67 (through all the lean years).  It is just that I also have to be honest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Many Saints fans in the stadium on Sunday or perhaps it just seemed that way because many pats fans left early. Anyways, they were awfully vocal going as far as taunting most pat's fans after the Brady int. The look on their faces was priceless after the TD lots of jaws hanging on the ground. Lot's of expletives about their D and the coaching.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, that is part of the game and part of being there.  That said, I have been to games against Miami and Jacksonville in their stadiums.  There was always a large contingent of Pats fans, but the opposing fans were always EXTREMELY nice and friendly.  We shared food and beers, talked, etc. (tailgating).  In the stadium, the only thing I found annoying was the announcer with "That's another Miami FIRST DOWN" and all the arms pointing one way.  .....but, that's the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, that is part of the game and part of being there.  That said, I have been to games against Miami and Jacksonville in their stadiums.  There was always a large contingent of Pats fans, but the opposing fans were always EXTREMELY nice and friendly.  We shared food and beers, talked, etc. (tailgating).  In the stadium, the only thing I found annoying was the announcer with "That's another Miami FIRST DOWN" and all the arms pointing one way.  .....but, that's the game.

[/QUOTE]

Seats directly in front of us usually have fans from visiting teams sitting in them. The best fans and  most friendly were the jaguar fans. Most obnoxious and biggest aholes were packer fans. I have zero problem with people cheering for their team or even taunting as long as it is good natured but when someone gets in your face and gets belligerent especially after something bad happens to your team it can be a tad annoying to say the least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

Seats directly in front of us usually have fans from visiting teams sitting in them. The best fans and  most friendly were the jaguar fans. Most obnoxious and biggest aholes were packer fans. I have zero problem with people cheering for their team or even taunting as long as it is good natured but when someone gets in your face and gets belligerent especially after something bad happens to your team it can be a tad annoying to say the least.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  When I said "part of the game", I meant good-natured and certainly not beligerrant.  After all, it still is ONLY a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There were a lot there.  I was at the gate to the field before the game and so many Saints fans were being let on the field with their VIP badges that the security guard said to me "they're making our fans look bad."   I volunteered to go out on the field too, but the guard didn't bite on that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess it just depends on where you go to see the game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There were a lot there.  I was at the gate to the field before the game and so many Saints fans were being let on the field with their VIP badges that the security guard said to me "they're making our fans look bad."   I volunteered to go out on the field too, but the guard didn't bite on that. 

[/QUOTE]

shame on him, letting the saints fans show us up like that....lol

Sections
Shortcuts