Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.

On ESPN(I know I shouldn't be watching it but here in Australia we don't have any alternative) he said Pats will be 1 and done again because of the defense. Everytime Dildofer writes a team off they come out and win so I think it is great he has written the Pats off. He then picks Greenbay to win through in the NFC even though they have given up more yards than the Pats. Not suprisingly he picks Baltimore in the AFC. Baltimore are so 1 dimensional on offense - stop Ray Rice and they will be beaten as Herman Munster Flaco can't carry the team on his shoulders.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.

well if there is someone who knows a QB needs a good  defense to win, it is Dilfer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is called selective reasoning.  For the same basis he discounts the Pats, he ignores about the Packers.  Has he ever really liked the Pats?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Balt got spanked by San Diego, our offense is miles ahead of San Diego. Bring them back to our house, we still owe them for '09. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.:
    [QUOTE]well if there is someone who knows a QB needs a good  defense to win, it is Dilfer
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

appropriate comment made me chuckle

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

The game has changed. The"offense sells tickets, defense wins titles", doesn't apply, any longer.  The Colts  Super Bowl win had a below average defense.. The Packers last years were ok, nothing great. Our defense worries me, because they are sooooo bad, TB will not get on the field. Having said that, I think New England can score 40 on ANY teaM IN THE PLAYOFFS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Name one guy besides Tedy who actually likes the PATS! I remember all the talk when the Pats went 16-0 and they were said to be "running up the score" and yet the love they show for Bree's & Rodgers is over the top. It reminds me of the Obama and the Chris Matthews comments when he was running for President and the goose bumps he got from him. I really don't get why Brady doesn't get the respect from the sports so called analyst. He doesn't have a stupid TD dance like Rodgers, doesn't celebrate his own records like Brees, when he won MVP last year he said its a stupid award because it's a TEAM sport. Never disrespects teams, does hate the Jets but look at what they have said about him. I would take Brady over any other QB out there. Thank God he doesn't do stupid commercials either. Bree's snoring Rodgers with his car commercial at talking about his "TD move" Brady just does his job!!! He is a competitor on the field but doesn't say anything off the field, yet he is disliked!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I love when BB teams are counted out. Love it.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    If you did not know the Pats were the #1 seed and listening to the talking heads today, you'd think the Pats were the WORST team to have made the playoffs!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Dilfer's not the only one.

Much closer to home, there's this garbage from Shaughnessy.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/02/the_way_i_see_it_the_patriots_are_a_mirage/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wait...Bruschi has been calling out the Patriots all season.

Where are people hearing his love for this team?  Something new?  Right through last week he's been saying they're not a talented playoff team.  What'd I miss?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Wait...Bruschi has been calling out the Patriots all season. Where are people hearing his love for this team?  Something new?  Right through last week he's been saying they're not a talented playoff team.  What'd I miss?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Actually nothing, as the news out of talking head land about the Pats has been the same week in and week out..  WORST D in the land and nothing else.  The good thing is that the players are on the field and not these talking heads.  Otherwise, this team shouldn't have come close to a .500 record it seems, right?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Dilfer is on the HERD now and he simply dismantled the Pats and Brady. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He attributed the success the Pats had yesterday on offense to open receivers and not Brady getting the ball to them and how it will be different in the playoffs.  Basically, he said the Patriots will not be as successful in the playoffs as the D will be "different" in the playoffs. He also added he does not think Brady is playing well at all??!!  Wonder what he is watching? Seems we hear this week in and week out and the Pats still score.  Also, the D is very thin and he has no confidence in it.  But, he turns right around and ignores the GB defense issues and how their offense would be better against playoff Ds.  Go figure!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A third rate QB trying to be a first rate anal yst

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]well if there is someone who knows a QB needs a good  defense to win, it is Dilfer
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

A QB like Dilfer you mean.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

RWTK...  in a nutshell, Dilfer is TOTALLY dismissing the Pats as a contender to get to the SB.  He has lots of RAVEN love!! Somehow he thinks this team will suddenly be a powerhouse on the road.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news. : Considering our slow starts, he's somewhat correct.  That doesn't mean NE can't beat a playoff team in the divisionals at home, though. That's ridiculous.  NE was bad in 2009, mediocre last year, so they're trending UP, not down. Give me a hungry and ticked off BB and Brady after two home playoff losses and I'll roll the dice with it. This is where Dilfer is wrong. He is right in the one area.... Brady can be better. He improved since his worst stretch in years during mid season, but he still needs help from a run game, to balance off what they want to do it in the air.  This is on O'Brien, more so than Brady, however. The low or wild throws need to stop, forced balls for tips and INTs, as well. We can't have it.  I don't mind great plays on balls for INTs, but careless ball control is unacceptable now. Brady would tell you the same thing. If in fact O'Brien has control of Brady. Sorry, but this is the elephant in the room.  Until we see a playoff win with a 4 qtr of generally solid/good play, this will be the turd on the sidewalk.  We all know it.  Our best player is Brady. In the NFC, I'll tell ya right now, if NOs or SF walks into GB, the Packers are in trouble.  I don't know what team Dilfer is watching there in Wisconsin, but NE is far more battle tested than GB. GB has coasted all year and SF or NOs will give GB trouble.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Don't be so quick to write off the defense. Chung and Spikes are back. BB has been playing with different formations and assignments the entire month of December. He won't be playing any more. The first quarter follies can be a good sign too. They try something, it doesn't work and they adapt. The fact that they can adapt is a good sign. I remain cautiously optimistic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]RWTK...  in a nutshell, Dilfer is TOTALLY dismissing the Pats as a contender to get to the SB.  He has lots of RAVEN love!! Somehow he thinks this team will suddenly be a powerhouse on the road.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Ignoring, for the moment, that New England has no discernible home-field advantage, go back and watch what Denver was able to do on the ground against the Pats. My guess is that if Baltimore survives a potential third war with Bitchburgh (assuming Cincinnatti pulls off a mild upset in Houstown), it will salivate at the chance to run over the Pats D. Those who point out that Joe Flacco is a puff of smoke are mostly correct, but I suspect he would have to drop back very little against the Pats.