Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.

Tom Weddle was also saying the Pats won't win a thing those people on nfl network, sanders, dukes, weddle etc. weren't giving the pats a chance. sanders said NO will win SB. Nobody wants to give us a chance this year but who cares the team will surprise some people I think.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bozemanFNL. Show bozemanFNL's posts

Follow my new year's resolution - Dilfer on TV = mute function on remote control. He could not analyze his way out of a wet paper bag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

n the NFC, I'll tell ya right now, if NOs or SF walks into GB, the Packers are in trouble.  I don't know what team Dilfer is watching there in Wisconsin, but NE is far more battle tested than GB.

Wait till they meet the Lions! Stafford has 5 K yards 41 TD's. They Got Calvin Johnson and Suh. NO is first up and I bet GB is happy for that. Injury's in their running game didnt help but their a formidable opponent.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Dilfer is a pill and we all know it. Calling him a SB quarterback is generous to a fault. His job was to hand the ball off and not lose the game behind a supernatural defense: lucky for him.

Only thing inaccurate above is this: Colts & Peyton won the superbowl with an inferior defense during the regular season. But that defense came alive in the playoffs and played like the second coming of the '85 Bears.

Let's hope we can mimic that trend, even half of it, in the upcoming playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news.:
    In Response to Re: Dilfer has written the Pats off - Good news. : Disagree. If we are relying on the other team to cave, we may lose llike against NYGS, Pitt or Dallas, all good Ds with pass rushers who play man. Our offense needs to dictate more consistently. We allow Ds to dictate to us. Just because Denver or Washington's depth was tested with flawed Ds doesn't mean Brady puts up 30 points on a Pitt, Balt, Houston, etc in the postseason. Give me balance and no INTs and we walk into a SB.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Did not say the other team would "cave".  The other team has to respect the Pats offense in that it will get its share.  In those games against the Steelers and Giants this year, would you say the Pats offense played well?  Was the play dictated by the other team?  The Steelers D played very well that day, yet the Pats were still in it for a few plays while in the Giants game the D gave that one away.  You definitely have this expectation the Patriots offense MUST dictate all the time and every game for 60 minutes to win.  I am still looking in the play book as to the "balance" issue as I do not see it written as a MUST HAVE for the Pats to win.   Balance is in the eye of the beholder and all opinion, isn't it, and it seems the Pats still win regardless of how they are not following your "opinion" as to how it SHOULD play. The Packers, Saints, Patriots are not exactly balanced teams and the Steelers have gotten away from that, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Ravens, above all, have been terrible on the road. 

And their CBs can be had. 

NE just can't fall behind. 

I wouldn't, however, write off their WRs. Torrey Smith and Boldin are legit threats, and can pose matchup problems for this NE defense. But yes, asx others say, shutting Ray Rice down is step one, because it forces Flacco to distribute the ball ... and he is the weak link. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Pats by far have the best offense out of any of the AFC teams. Most of the teams haven't been putting up many points lately. We just need to get off to a good start and win the turnover battle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

well let those analyst all talk. NE has just as good a chance as anyone else to win the SB even if the tv analyst don't think so. They have been wrong before and in past SBs they didn't think NE could do it then either. Go Pats. Tom Teriffic better be sharp as a tack in the post season (and others too)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Dilfer has all the necessary skills to sit behind a desk and talk...it's his true calling. Sadly he wasted several years of his life trying to throw a football instead- clearly wasn't his forte. But, he's right. If your name is Trent Dilfer, you can't win a SB with this defense. Maybe if you had one of the great defenses of all time...maybe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I laughed when Chris Carter said the Pats had the worst defense in the history of football, really Chris. He like, TJ, hate the Pats and have to force themselves to say nice things about them. I love it when during the pre-game show they talk trash and the post game TJ has to comment on how the Patriots won another game. :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Name one guy besides Tedy who actually likes the PATS! I remember all the talk when the Pats went 16-0 and they were said to be "running up the score" and yet the love they show for Bree's & Rodgers is over the top. It reminds me of the Obama and the Chris Matthews comments when he was running for President and the goose bumps he got from him. I really don't get why Brady doesn't get the respect from the sports so called analyst. He doesn't have a stupid TD dance like Rodgers, doesn't celebrate his own records like Brees, when he won MVP last year he said its a stupid award because it's a TEAM sport. Never disrespects teams, does hate the Jets but look at what they have said about him. I would take Brady over any other QB out there. Thank God he doesn't do stupid commercials either. Bree's snoring Rodgers with his car commercial at talking about his "TD move" Brady just does his job!!! He is a competitor on the field but doesn't say anything off the field, yet he is disliked!
    Posted by laurienyc13

Steve Mariuchi has the Patriots back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Balt got spanked by San Diego, our offense is miles ahead of San Diego. Bring them back to our house, we still owe them for '09. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Matchups are always different

The reason a team like S.D. can give teams problems is because they use a lot of weapons and use their RB's.  Norv throws to his backs more than anyone else and it opens up alot.

In contrast, WE just had our FIRST real successful screen play all YEAR.

Theres a lot to be said about predictabilty. When Tommy is on he can make you forget about a run game,  but as we saw last week if/when they NEED to run because Tommy is struggling, the results are always good.

42 points in 3 quarters using the RUN

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

I love people say and put the Pats as under dog.  I remember there was only 1 time in this season that the Jets was favor by 3 at Jets stadium.  Tom and Co. was smoking them at their own turf.
    GO PATS!

Sections
Shortcuts