Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012

I know its early, 5 months away from regular season games but I heard about the new Directv Sunday ticket pricing for the 2012 season and wanted everyone to know so you can start saving those pennies.

according to Satellite Direct magazine...

NFL ST: Get all games in HD and game mix channel: $200

NFL ST MAX: Includes Redzone Channel and ST To-GO stuff: $300

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Re: Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012

Thanks for the info. I have had the ticket since 1994 when I paid $79....for the season.... Now we will pay that in 5 monthly installments... Still a great deal... Go Pats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Last year I called and said my old cable company wanted to buy out my direct tv contract that I still had one year left on.  I told them I would stay if I could get agood deal on the sunday ticket.  So Directv gave my Sunday ticket with red zone and the to go package for $335.  A one time $200 credit and then a $10 credit per month for 1 year... after all said and done I got the Sunday ticket, red zone and to go package for $15.

My two years contract is up at the end of July, lets see if they will give me another great deal on it this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I loved the Sunday ticket, but when the price went through the roof, I gave up and have been watching all the games online for free! I hook the laptop up to the big screen and viola' home theater!!!! Another reason I dumped satellite was the fact that, here in tornado alley, storms knock the hell out of it so often, tou spend more time waiting for the feed to reconnect. Sucks. Got at&t u-verse now and I love for tv .I do miss the sunday ticket sometimes, but I am surviving!!!!Peace everyone!!KMc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Last year they were offering it free to new subcribers so we called a said that as loyal customers we should get it free also. They gave it to us for free. It will be back to paying this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012:
    [QUOTE] Last year they were offering it free to new subcribers so we called a said that as loyal customers we should get it free also. They gave it to us for free. It will be back to paying this year.
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

It's always worth a shot to try and at least get it lowered again this season.  If not then the $200 is sure a lot better then the $335 they were asking last season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I had the Sunday Ticket since its inception.  As the annual fee kept increasing and an increasing number of weekly Patriots games became available on national Networks, I became disenchanted.  Following the 2010 season I canceled the Sunday Ticket.  Last season, 8 of the games were available in my area (Florida panhandle) on one national network or another which included Monday night football.

The remaining games: attended 2 games at Gillette with dollars saved, watched games via a large screen TV at a local pub on 3 occasions for variety,  and the remaining other games I streamed through a laptop to a 44" TV in my backyard sports clubhouse.

A most enjoyable season without doling out excessive $$$$$ to Direct.

Amen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

OKAY,
    I have seen a few people talking about STREAMING the games through their laptop to their TV.  SO where online do you find the actual games so that you can do that?  I would like to try that also.  Lat year I had Sunday Ticket... but it is only to the single TV I have on DTV... so I was kind of stuck in one spot, and since I get up very early (4:30) for work in the morning.... most games were DVR'd at night.  It would be nice if I could stream them to a TV and watch tme as they go on until I fall asleep.... OR better yet, if I could sit on the back deck ( on an afternoon game) and watch it while relaxing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]OKAY, I have seen a few people talking about STREAMING the games through their laptop to their TV.  SO where online do you find the actual games so that you can do that?  I would like to try that also.  Lat year I had Sunday Ticket... but it is only to the single TV I have on DTV... so I was kind of stuck in one spot, and since I get up very early (4:30) for work in the morning.... most games were DVR'd at night.  It would be nice if I could stream them to a TV and watch tme as they go on until I fall asleep.... OR better yet, if I could sit on the back deck ( on an afternoon game) and watch it while relaxing.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

All of the streaming sites are illegal and the pictures are terrible. Another word of caution. A lot of them require you to download and install an application. Don't do it. The applications are actually designed to retreive as much personal information from your PC as possible so it can be sold to identity theives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012 : All of the streaming sites are illegal and the pictures are terrible. Another word of caution. A lot of them require you to download and install an application. Don't do it. The applications are actually designed to retreive as much personal information from your PC as possible so it can be sold to identity theives.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

I swear by Sopcast plus there are a lot of HD streams available to watch through it and they have very good pictures.

But these places are getting harder and harder to find as many are being shutdown.

Sunday ticket is where it's at.  Put aside 12 bucks a week until regualr season starts and treat yourself to the Sunday ticket or just call them and see if they will give you a better deal.  $200 to watch every Patriots game during the season is....... as BB would say......... EXCELLENT VALUE!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

In Response to Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012:
    [QUOTE]I know its early, 5 months away from regular season games but I heard about the new Directv Sunday ticket pricing for the 2012 season and wanted everyone to know so you can start saving those pennies. according to Satellite Direct magazine... NFL ST: Get all games in HD and game mix channel: $200 NFL ST MAX : Includes Redzone Channel and ST To-GO stuff: $300
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Are you certain the 200 price is for the HD and not the SD?  It seems odd that we'd be charged $100 extra for the Redzone & To Go.  Last year I was told to get the HD broadcast I had to pay more.  Which irrated me since all of the networks broadcast in HD, and you need a box to downgrade to SD.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I called Dtv and inquired about the package last yr..  In HD it was $300.00 plus.

This was automatically billed to my card, when I called to cancel they
    asked me if i would pay something like 1/2 price for it.

I still didn't.  Week 1 last year I went a local sports bar with the NFL
    package.  I missed the first 8 mins. of the game while the bartender
    told jokes and poured shots.  I left the bar with a $40.00 tab.

$200.00 is worth it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Direct Tv Sunday Ticket prices for 2012 : Are you certain the 200 price is for the HD and not the SD?  It seems odd that we'd be charged $100 extra for the Redzone & To Go.  Last year I was told to get the HD broadcast I had to pay more.  Which irrated me since all of the networks broadcast in HD, and you need a box to downgrade to SD.  
    Posted by BrocktonMike[/QUOTE]

The info I pasted in my original post was all I have seend so far so I'm not sure.  I have never been asked if I wanted one or the other since they are all broadcast in HD.  I got luck last year and got a great deal with the second person I talked to.  I have friends that ended up calling 5 times or more last year until they finally got a customer service person that was able to make great deals.