Disappointed, but not defeated...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Disappointed, but not defeated...

We just need some improvements. We need a deep threat, we need another cover S (Gregory sucks eggs) and we need a pass-rusher. That's my shopping list. 

Wasn't Welker's fault, we can't allow teams to continuously stuff the box and ask Tom to make perfect throws. Always next year, let's hope for a 49ers win...and that Bernard Pollard falls down a flight of stairs face first. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Disappointed, but not defeated...

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

We just need some improvements. We need a deep threat, we need another cover S (Gregory sucks eggs) and we need a pass-rusher. That's my shopping list. 

Wasn't Welker's fault, we can't allow teams to continuously stuff the box and ask Tom to make perfect throws. Always next year, let's hope for a 49ers win...and that Bernard Pollard falls down a flight of stairs face first. 

u still got a team to root for tho

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Agree. S, WR, and DL help. Get these and I like our chances better next year.

Also, look at the "bright" side...Welker didn't help himself in contract negotiations with this game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

49ers aren't my team per se, I just like Joe Montana. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, unlike many, many fans in other cities, we have seen the Pats get to 7 AFCCG and 5 SBs in these last 12 years.  You do not win them all regardless of how confident you feel about the team.  We all have to get up tomorow, don't we?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

well it sounded by ur past posts here u were a 49er fan before u were a pats fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

They better not franchise stone hands he blows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

well it sounded by ur past posts here u were a 49er fan before u were a pats fan

Nope, been a Pats fan my whole sports watching life. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Need a WR, DB not named Talib, the guy is a puss that can't stay healthy. Seems Jones is another puss that had a good 1st 4 weeks then faded hard.  It would also be nice to have GRONK health for the playoffs.

Oh well can't wait for next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Life goes on. The Patriots will be right there again next season. I was ready to stop watching football after last year's Super Bowl, but low and behold, a few days pass, the sting wears off and I'm a committed fan again. And sure enough, New England is right there, on the brink of a Super Bowl again.

Next season will be no different. Bring on the draft!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Life goes on. The Patriots will be right there again next season. I was ready to stop watching football after last year's Super Bowl, but low and behold, a few days pass, the sting wears off and I'm a committed fan again. And sure enough, New England is right there, on the brink of a Super Bowl again.

Next season will be no different. Bring on the draft!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Also, look at the "bright" side...Welker didn't help himself in contract negotiations with this game.

S? I'd rather get a CB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Wasn't Welker's fault, we can't allow teams to continuously stuff the box and ask Tom to make perfect throws. Always next year, let's hope for a 49ers win...and that Bernard Pollard falls down a flight of stairs face first

LOL, amen to that!!!

I agree, all is not lost, here. A few missing pieces.

Would have been nice to see how things played out had Talib not been injured. Sure, Balty opened up the offense in the 2nd half, but they also felt a lot more comfortable doing so.

Still, a great season with much to build on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Your title put it perfectly. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Whats the point of a deep threat when Brady cant throw the ball deep?

Let's face the facts,  this WR is lacking. Welker is not a guy who can make big plays in big moments. Lloyd is good but only as a 2nd or third option.  Just look at the catches made today by the Ravens or Falcons recievers. Tight coverage but they manage to get the ball.  For this offense to be successfull the recievers need to be wide open.  In the playoffs teams play this offense tough and tight, leading to everything being bunched up in alot of the plays. They cannot simply get any kind of separation! Look at how Matt Ryan (even in a loss) played against a much better defense in SF. His physical WR's got separation all game!  Our WR's cannot make tough catches, period!

WE NEED PHYSICAL WIDE RECIEVERS. 

It really is mind boggling that the last decent WR drafted by the Patriots was Deion Branch in 2002. That is a decade without infusion of top level of WR talent through the draft.

Defense is soft as usual and cannot make a big play. They cannot be blamed for today though. Giving up 7 points in 1st half is fantastic. Offense did little in 1st half and nothing in 2nd half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I normally would agree that Brady can't be asked to win games by making unbelievable throws, but he didn't even make some of the easy ones today. He personally cost the team a chance to score a touchdown before the half with dumb game management...he had countless balls batted down, he had picks, he didn't hit on long passes and he didn't see some guys that were open. Poor.

The defense stunk too. This team can't pass rush, they got no one that scares a QB. Wilfork needed to play like a monster for us to win today...it didn't even seem like he was on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Don't everyone freak out on me.  But when you get outcoached in 6 consecutive playoffs - it is time for a new coach.  Yes BB is a hall of fame genius - so was Chuck Noll.  But the Steelers stuck with noll for 12 years (!) from 1980 - 1992 - Losing. 

I want Cowher of Gruden immediately.  Time to part ways with a great coach.  It happens.

The guy has been out-coached VERY badly in 6 straight SEASONS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

S? I'd rather get a CB. 

IF we bring back Talib, S first. CB depth would be nice, but Talib and Dennard with Arrington in the slot (not outside) is good enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Need a WR, DB not named Talib, the guy is a puss that can't stay healthy. Seems Jones is another puss that had a good 1st 4 weeks then faded hard.  It would also be nice to have GRONK health for the playoffs.

Oh well can't wait for next year.

Just come out and say Gronk is a puss...you know you want to.

Sections
Shortcuts