Discuss: Logic of this Moss move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Discuss: Logic of this Moss move

1.) Move would make sense if they are bringing in some other FA ?
    or
    2.) Move is to change the look of the offense mid season?
    or
    3.) Moss malcontent.....BB willing to throw season to get rid of him?

any more reasons anybody can think of?
    where do you stand on any of these?

I'm thinking there is something in the works......# 2 and # 3 just don't seem to make sense. You would be taking a HUGE gamble on # 2 and # 3 would not be something that BB would make happen so quick and get just a # 3 for. What do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: Discuss: Logic of this Moss move

doesnt really matter. moss forced their hand...they had to do it. as for throwing away this season...i think BB knew that last year and this year were not superbowl years. rebuild on the run and stay competative, and reload again next year with another big draft and some quality free agents. thats why seymour went last year. this was about the future, because this team isnt ready to go all the way this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As much as I want to think there is something in the works, I gotta believe there isn't.

But hey, we got another draft pick next season!  Maybe BB is kicking himself for signing Brady to an extension.  I'm sure BB could have got a 1 and 3 for next year out of Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Discuss: Logic of this Moss move:
    [QUOTE]this was about the future, because this team isnt ready to go all the way this year.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

This team isn't ready to go all they way for several seasons, especially now.  Could have kept Moss and been competitve with a chance of going to the superbowl while rebuilding at the same time.  Not the case now! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Discuss: Logic of this Moss move : This team isn't ready to go all they way for several seasons, especially now.  Could have kept Moss and been competitve with a chance of going to the superbowl while rebuilding at the same time.  Not the case now! 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Could have kept Moss and had him spend the rest of the season complaining off the field and not giving any effort on the field. In what way is that good for the team?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

They traded Moss because not only does BB think he can be the coach, offensive co-ordinator and defensive co-ordinater but he can now play WR.  Look for him next game, the new #81, going deep......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I want to think there is something in the works, I gotta believe there isn't. But hey, we got another draft pick next season!  Maybe BB is kicking himself for signing Brady to an extension.  I'm sure BB could have got a 1 and 3 for next year out of Brady.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

dude we all see that you are upset that your favorite player got traded, but why not consider directing your disappointment at your hero? HE is the one that forced this trade. he asked for it! he went on public tirades! he went on private tirades! and in between he dropped touchdown passes. look, we all know that there is no replacing his talents, even if we got a 1st round pick it wouldnt match his talent. but when your star player forces his way out of town you dont get good value. period. so go root for the vikings or realize that moss didnt care about you or the patriots. he cares about himself, his contract, and that "off the field money." and when he is stuck in mini next year receiving passes from tavaris jackson he will realize his mistake. maybe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's face it, we all know that Moss wouldn't be happy being a decoy all season sprinting down field to take a saftey with him.  While I believe he would've caught his fair share of balls if he stayed, to me it was evident after week one that winning games wasn't all that mattered to him.  He was worried about his next contract first and foremost. 

I won't go as far as to say this is addition by subtraction.  I think there will be growing pains as the Pats reconfigure their offense.  It's silly to think that it makes Brady's job easier when teams no longer have to game plan for Moss.  But if this gets the offense back to spreading the wealth, I can't see how that's a bad thing in the long run. 

Randy was a good player but the whole lack of respect thing got old and I doubt he was going to last the year without being a distraction.  The Pats cut bait and got something for him while they could.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

I went to the patriots game against the jets and on almost ever play moss gave up on the play.  Not that angry about the trade.  But I still think he was worth at least a 2nd rounder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Is Moss a difference maker using a spread it around scheme?  Has he been?
    Although I'm disappointed in only getting a 3rd...he arrived for a 4th; increased value.  At this junction, I'm more interested in seeing picks work out and contribute, as opposed to busts.  We'll see...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I wonder if this means they are going to try to give more money to Mankins?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The way I look at it,

From Moss's end: It's clear he was unhappy here. With all the new weapons Brady has it's reverting back to the open man is Brady's best friend. Not being in the lime light really upset him. He also looks at this up coming year as a possibilty of not happening. With getting older he's worried that his value is going to drastically decrease. Of course not getting the ball from Brady also worries him for the same reason. He wanted out and made it known.

From Pat's end: Brady's starting to get a ton of weapons so he can know go back to the who's open approach. Tate's looking good and Welker and Edelman always find ways to get open. Hernandez is a mismatch galore and even Gronk has great hands. Moss was making waves and could upset the balance with young players looking up to him. They weren't going to resign him so they had a shot to get something for him while showing that pi s s ing and moaning is not the proper way to get what you want to the younger players. They just spent an off season removing cancers and couldn't let something like this happen again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]The way I look at it, From Moss's end: It's clear he was unhappy here. With all the new weapons Brady has it's reverting back to the open man is Brady's best friend. Not being in the lime light really upset him. He also looks at this up coming year as a possibilty of not happening. With getting older he's worried that his value is going to drastically decrease. Of course not getting the ball from Brady also worries him for the same reason. He wanted out and made it known. From Pat's end: Brady's starting to get a ton of weapons so he can know go back to the who's open approach. Tate's looking good and Welker and Edelman always find ways to get open. Hernandez is a mismatch galore and even Gronk has great hands. Moss was making waves and could upset the balance with young players looking up to him. They weren't going to resign him so they had a shot to get something for him while showing that pi s s ing and moaning is not the proper way to get what you want to the younger players. They just spent an off season removing cancers and couldn't let something like this happen again.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I agree with your take on things.  Clearly both sides were looking to move on at the end of the season and I think Randy upped the ante with his week one speech. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

still think there is something in the works..........

Sections
Shortcuts