diving at the knees of a receiver is an unnatural play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

diving at the knees of a receiver is an unnatural play

TJ Ward is a POUSSY .   He is a little dink troll like wuss.   If a person or defender is "making a tackle" like the pousssy-dink was saying after the game he would have hit gronk in a normal way by lowering his shoulder  while running and delivered a normal tackle in the midsection.   It takes an unnatural motion to get that low to blow out aplayers knee and end that players season.

Ever make a head first slide into second base...?     It takes practice.   It is unnatural especially running at full speed .   TJ Ward should be properly villified for this unatural and premeditated dirty hit that was completely unnecessary. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: diving at the knees of a receiver is an unnatural play

last i checked, tackling is wrapping your arms around the torso, not launching your helmet into someone's knee.

Browns coaches need to show their players how to tackle.

NFL has to address this soon. hate to see it it happen agian in the playoffs or SB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

according To underdogggggggggg tj ward did the right thing.

wards excuse about going low because of fines for head shots makes no sense. He would need a step-ladder to hit Gronk in the head

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

UD is stoopid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

True. The way I saw it, he dove INTO his knee instead of diving in FRONT of him to trip him up. Dirty. You don't aim and dive into the knees to ding a player up, you do that to injure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

last i checked, tackling is wrapping your arms around the torso, not launching your helmet into someone's knee.

Browns coaches need to show their players how to tackle.

NFL has to address this soon. hate to see it it happen agian in the playoffs or SB

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...   Acting like he "has no choice" but go low is what a pousssy does.  Going over to shake gronks hand.....?????   spit on it .  and then in his FACE.    what a pousssy .  Hope he gets the same Rodney harrison got in that game against pittsburg in 2005.   wide receiver flying back across the formation out of control "accidentally" hits ward from the side...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unfortunately, most players in the NFL view this as the "new way" to get a runner down while avoiding hits to the head.  But, I agree, you have to make a concerted effort to go that low when you can hit all that space between the shoulders and the knees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately, most players in the NFL view this as the "new way" to get a runner down while avoiding hits to the head.  But, I agree, you have to make a concerted effort to go that low when you can hit all that space between the shoulders and the knees.

[/QUOTE]

That play had nothing to do with hits to the head

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Champs...  you heard what he said.  Going low was the way for him to "not" take a chance on getting fined for a high hit to the head area.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Champs...  you heard what he said.  Going low was the way for him to "not" take a chance on getting fined for a high hit to the head area.

Yeah but Gronk is 6' 7". He could not hit him in the head. 

I dont think he meant what he said

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're being sarcastic.  if the pousssy is making the excuse that player is too big well that means there is a bigger BODY to hit...  STUPID DBs acting like player is 2 feet tall ...feet , ankles ,knees and a head.  

Dipsh1ts,  theres an entire torso to hit thats about 5 feet in length on a big guy...

YOU CANT HIT THAT......?????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

DBs that use that excuse about not hitting high are afraid to tackle, most today have no tackle skills. The league needs to send out an immediate bulletin on the proper fundamentals of tackling, if violated you will be penalized, fined and maybe suspended for causing undue injury.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You people are light in the loafers, no doubt about it.  You should blame Gronk for being a monster, for shucking tackles and for dominating anyone other than the most skilled LBs and safeties in the NFL.  Every time some player misses a tackle on him, the commentary is "you've got to go low on him, you can't take him down above the waist".  Now stop your crying you flippin pansies.

[/QUOTE]

go watch sanchez get butt tackled , thats how to sack jests QBs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You people are light in the loafers, no doubt about it.  You should blame Gronk for being a monster, for shucking tackles and for dominating anyone other than the most skilled LBs and safeties in the NFL.  Every time some player misses a tackle on him, the commentary is "you've got to go low on him, you can't take him down above the waist".  Now stop your crying you flippin pansies.

[/QUOTE]

go watch sanchez get butt tackled , thats how to sack jests QBs

[/QUOTE]

why?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

If everybody tackled like ward did on that play, there wouldn't be a skilled position player yet by the seasons end

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If everybody tackled like ward did on that play, there wouldn't be a skilled position player yet by the seasons end

[/QUOTE]

Yes becasue that's the first time anyone has ever been tackled like that.  Is it a prereq to be a complete fool in order to be a pats fan?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Ward hurled himself like a rocket helmet first right at Gronk's knee. Though I can only speculate on his intent- that had no resemblance to a tackle to bring him down, looked like he wanted to take him OUT. And he did. There was plenyy of real estate on Gronk's person where Ward could have attempted to bring him down.  Insults one intelligence to say that was the only area he could go for to aviod the head. Really? What crap.

Yes, Gronk is big and difficult to bring down. That is part of the game. Find a way to stop him cleanly.  Going for the knee with your helmet is an obvious foul. Dirty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

wards excuse about going low because of fines for head shots makes no sense. He would need a step-ladder to hit Gronk in the head

[/QUOTE]
    I think you are putting words in my mouth, but I am not surprised by that.  I simply said that at 60% of Gronkowski's weight, Ward would have had a hard time making a tackle on him by hitting him in the mid section. 

Further I said that players on every team in every game take out players legs to make a tackle.  Usually they don't result in an injury, but that's never guaranteed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Troy Brown said it was legal.

/thread

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Troy Brown said it was legal.

/thread

[/QUOTE]

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. See rap music

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ward hurled himself like a rocket helmet first right at Gronk's knee. Though I can only speculate on his intent- that had no resemblance to a tackle to bring him down, looked like he wanted to take him OUT. And he did. There was plenyy of real estate on Gronk's person where Ward could have attempted to bring him down.  Insults one intelligence to say that was the only area he could go for to aviod the head. Really? What crap.

Yes, Gronk is big and difficult to bring down. That is part of the game. Find a way to stop him cleanly.  Going for the knee with your helmet is an obvious foul. Dirty.

[/QUOTE]

You should make a list of everything that is legal but a dirty play.  Then you can send it to the NFLPA so they can tell the players.  Tell me, if a QB has had shoulder problems and a lineman targets that shoulder, is that dirty?  If a player had a previously blown out ankle and a tackler grabs a hold of that, is that dirty? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he said he aimed , it used to be that players didn't want to injure other players. it may have been legal but morallow on purpose , and he did using his helmet, when some one gets him I will be very happy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Exactly, he said he aimed , it used to be that players didn't want to injure other players. it may have been legal but morallow on purpose , and he did using his helmet, when some one gets him I will be very happy

[/QUOTE]

me too... since you can't separate the intent from the play...   It takes intention to go that low on a player.   F'DJ Ward....   piece ofsh1t DB will be out of the league next year.

Sections
Shortcuts