D.J Hayden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

D.J Hayden

This kid is getting some interest now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152968/article/houstons-dj-hayden-makes-mayocks-top-five-cbs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: D.J Hayden

ALL of the combine, except the test and interviews, are totally useless to me. A guy shoots up the boards because he runs a 4.3 without pads. Nevermind he's a 4.6 with the. THe other guy runs a 4.48 and slips a little...even though he runs a 4.48 WITH pads also. Some guys have "next man speed", and few people EVER run straight, for 40 yards in the NFL except to cover a kick. And most speed guys aren't doing that either.

JUst shows how unintelligent and reactionary some people are.

Can anyone think of any player who really killed it at the combine, and proved to be a very good player when otherwise he wasn't well known? I can't. I can think of plenty who people started to drool over, and they were unequivocal BUSTS.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

ALL of the combine, except the test and interviews, are totally useless to me. A guy shoots up the boards because he runs a 4.3 without pads. Nevermind he's a 4.6 with the. THe other guy runs a 4.48 and slips a little...even though he runs a 4.48 WITH pads also. Some guys have "next man speed", and few people EVER run straight, for 40 yards in the NFL except to cover a kick. And most speed guys aren't doing that either.

Can anyone think of any player who really killed it at the combine, and proved to be a very good player when otherwise he wasn't well known? I can't. I can think of plenty who people started to drool over, and they were unequivocal BUSTS.

I don't think any intelligent personnel type drafts a player based on his combine speed/power/strength/agility test results (well, none except for Al Davis) though they're just one of many tools used to evaluate talent.  The commonly used example is if a kid runs a lot faster than anticipated, it forces you to rewatch his tape (the most important tool in the draft process) to see if there's something that was missed or if he plays to his tested #'s.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Maybe he will be a late first rounder?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I don't think any intelligent personnel type drafts a player based on his combine speed/power/strength/agility test results (well, none except for Al Davis) though they're just one of many tools used to evaluate talent.  The commonly used example is if a kid runs a lot faster than anticipated, it forces you to rewatch his tape (the most important tool in the draft process) to see if there's something that was missed or if he plays to his tested #'s.

You would think... but in fact we hear and see how often a team/GM/coach gets enamored with workout numbers. Look at Gholston for example. It is not a one time thing. I think it causes more mistakes after rounds 1 and 2 because people are still trying to hit a home run. It is just that mistakes in rounds 1 and 2 really stand out.