Do not rest healthy players next week!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Do not rest healthy players next week!

Contrary to popular opinion, I do not think we should rest anyone fairly healthy next week.  The team is finding itself lately, and getting into some good habits.  We need to keep building the momentum.  Furthermore, Houston can pass very good if the right Texans team shows up.  I think beating a decent pass team on the road will go a long way for the team.  Fact is, we're going to have to beat some good teams on the road in the playoffs.

There is a time and place for most everything in life.  Next week is not the time to take a break.  We need to try to kick the snot out of the Texans.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Do not rest healthy players next week!

I respectfully disagree.  Rest everyone except these people:

Pierre Woods
    Ron Brace
    Jonathan Wilhite
    Laura Maroney

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I expect a lot of disagreement.  If the Pats had played a couple more games like they have been, I'd say rest too.  I think they need to go down to Houston and get a good win from a team better than Buffalo on the road.  Going all out in a game that means little didn't hurt the Giants in 2007.  Didn't they even have 1 or 2 players injured in their final game against us?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its a catch 22.i agree with the momentum,but i also know they wont have a bye week or any rest in the playoffs,but also wouldnt want to see the texans in the playoffs.they are peaking at the right time,and are as explosive as the saints and colts on there good days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/strange-scheduling-quirk-could-be-coming-on-wild-card-weekend/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Play it like a pre-season warm up.  Starters (that are healthy) go one half.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Caraway- I think what we are going to see next week is the Starters playing for a quarter or a half to stay fresh. Brady certainly looked better today than he did last week and I hope that is because he is feeling better. I don't think we'll see anybody that was out this week due to injury. Belichick seems to like to play guys as long as they are not beat up. If I remember his quote correctly I believe he says, "They're football players, they get payed to play football". I would have sat Brady if he didn't look as good as he did today. Now I think we should treat it like a preseason game and get anyone healthy at least some reps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Play at least a half with the healthy starters.

When the playoffs come, there will be a new offensive scheme from the Pats that will open the passing game to more receivers. It will be like Rocky hiding his left until the last round. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I agree with K-max. Play fulltilt in the first half then start sitting guys. Anyone with a nick does not play (Wilfork, Warren). Play Fred to get him some reps and let Laura Maroney  schlep water for the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll compromise.  Have the starters play the 3rd quarter just to make sure we still don't have our 2nd half woes lingering.  Are you listening to us BB? :^)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

I agree with playing it full tilt for one half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i would love to see the starters play 2 or 3 quarters next week, but i imagine they will finish the game.  if the pats lose next week, they would most likely end up with the 4 seed. it would still give them a home game against a beatable team in the first round, and then we would most likely end up playing the colts, and i like that matchup better than the pats against the chargers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

It would be funny to see them go full tilt in the second half, bringing the sarters in as the Texans are thinking they've got it sewn up at halftime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

play 1 half and protect brady from that POS bernard pollard. yes he is a texan. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Don't expect to see Wilfork unless his ankle is completely healed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

I hope they play to win, then again, I would still rather play the Colts than the Chargers in the second round.  I want revenge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I do not think BB will pull a COLTS!  He will leave starters in, with a smattering of reserves at opportune times, until he feels comfortable a win is in the bag.  He will not let the team lose.  It will have to take a total breakdown of the team, and the Texans playing out of their minds, before BB sees the writing on the wall and say: "scr*w it, I need these players to play their very best next week, not today!"  Plus, I think the Pats have that mentality drilled into their heads to win each game one game at a time.  Taking a game off is not in their psyche!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Nope, the starters need to play 4 quarters of ball. BB will not rest these guys (unless it is a blowout and he may rest then in the 4th quarter then) I don't recall seeing BB really rest his players at the end of the year if the games don't count. Sends a bad message going into the playoffs even though you risk injuries. 

BB does not take a game off like agcsbill said. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

We need work with these young player learning how to hold the fort down in the 4th quarter so there is even more reason to keep them in there and playing. 

Believe me, this will benefit the team going into the playoffs if they can prove they can dominate a 4th quarter one more time. That is very worth the risk of injuries. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The pats need to beat a decent team or winning team on the road to get momentum going into the playoffs. Play the starters till they have a 3 TD lead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Rest those who need it, and play those who need the time.

Work in a few plays from practice that need to be tested, have fun try to win, unlike the Colts who look like they already lost in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Go to pre-season mode.....brady.moss/welker/vollemer in for 4 snaps. On the D..TBC/warren/AD/Guyton  and whoever you fancy in for a quarter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Play Wilhite every snap.  Hopefully he'll get injured and go on IR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

AGSBill: Don't you remember Cassel playing in the last game against the Dolphins a few years back when Brady was healthy? That incomplete pass at the end of the game? How about Doug Flutie's dropkick? Did you conveniently forget that game? They WANTED to lose that game to get a matchup against the Jags instead of the Steelers. It's easy to say that it's not in the pats mindset to pull back, but BB will rest people if it's in the best interest of the team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We did tank our last game of the 2005 season against Miami in order to draw a more favorable opponent, so there is a precedent.  However, I don't think we'll know how the playoff scenario will unfold until the last game is played next Sunday.

Had we played this well all December, I'd be in favor of resting more players.  We aren't that many games removed from having several issues.  That's why I'd like to see one more good game.  As others have said, winning on the road against a good team that can pass well would be nice to see.  If we hope to get to the SB and even win it, we're going to have to go through a few such teams.

OT, but I sure like the combination of Light Vollmer on the line.  Sometimes injuries are a blessing in disguise.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

the texans don't run the ball particularly well so rest some d line guys if they need it let brace get some more experience against a lesser running team.  Offensively the game plan should be to play brady and let him throw the ball all over the place, and get some of the other receivers more involved with the passing game.  If it's a rout (which it could be) start to pull the starters midway through the 3rd.  A win would be great since it might set up a rematch with the jets, which in my opinion would be the easiest game (terrible QB), and take some pressure off of the game planning aspect since we know them so well and could be a huge momentum game.