Do Patriots Deserve to Be Favored to Win SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Do Patriots Deserve to Be Favored to Win SB?

Peter King has written an article for SI, picking the top NFL teams, from 1-32. He has placed the New England Patriots at #1, followed by the Steelers, Giants, Bears (yes...da Bears), Colts, Eagles, Chargers, Ravens, Cowboys, and Titans.

If I were a Steelers fan, I would take this as a great insult. After all, didn't the Black & Gold crush the Cassel led Patriots in Foxboro, on their way to winning the 2008 season championship? Yet, despite have their SB winning team  returning almost completely intact, their getting dissed;

Giants fans will point back to the 2007 season SB...and the fact that their 2009 defense, and running game, may, in fact, be deeper and better, than the 2007 version.

As for the Bears...its' a joke that they have been included by King as one of the NFL's top teams.

The Colts are always in the hunt. Last year, cracks were beginning to show, as injuries infiltrated both their offensive and defensive lines. Marvin Harrison is gone, and Joe Addai has showed signs of wear and tear. The selection of RB Donald Brown should improve the Colts running game and screen pass attack. Nonetheless, the lack of a deep threat, that was Harrison, will make it less formidable. Furthermore, how much will they miss Tony Dungy?

The Eagles, based on their great off-season, should be a threat. Their defense is solid. The addition of LT Jason Peters will fortify their OL. Young WRs Deshawn Jackson are Jeremy Maclin are game breakers...and rookie RB LeSean McCoy should allow them to take some of the load off the fabulous Brian Westbrook.

The Chargers have a first rate QB in Philip Rivers. But, their OL is not nearly what it was in 2006...and neither is LaDainian Tomlinson. As we saw last year, Shawne Merriman is the key to their defense. It remains to be seen if Merriman can fully recover from his serious knee injury. The fact that the Bolts used their top draft choice on hybrid OLB Larry English suggests some concern.

The Ravens will fall back to Earth in 2009. An older, free agency ravaged defense, and a darth of WRs, will speed their downfall.

The Cowboys have no business being listed in the top 10. Their OL is old, injury prone, and overrated. Those who followed the 2009 draft saw how their silly trade for WR Roy Williams damaged the team. Wade Phillips is a figurehead of coach, taking his marching orders from you know who...and everybody knows it.            

The Titans have fallen, largely due to the loss of DT Albert Hayneswoth. QB Kerry Collins is a year older...and neither he, or his team, will be sneaking up on anybody this season. Nonetheless, their defense and running game still make them formidable.

WHICH BRINGS US TO THE PATRIOTS. Theres' no way that the 2009 offense will rival the 2007 edition. Their WR corp isn't as good, or deep. Their OL remains the same, but two years older. Tom Brady, like Shawne Merriman, is coming off a severe knee injury. Will he ever return to being the Tom Terrific of old? Will missing the the entire 2008 season cause him to be rusty...at least initially? 

As for the defense, is it any better than the 2007 unit? That year, the Patriots finished 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks. That total dropped off dramatically last year. Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Asante Samuel are gone, Tedy Bruschi is 36, and Richard Seymour has yet to play to the level of his contract. 

But, ILB Jarod Mayo has been added to the mix, as have several young DBs...and a couple of solid veterans. Assuming, as everyone does, that Jason Taylor signs on...that should benefit the pass rush. But, what if Taylor doesn't sign...or signs, but is only a shadow of the player that he once was? Who will rush the passer? Does anybody think that the 2009 Patriots defense is potentially a championship caliber unit??

The Pats, for all their accomplishments, haven't won a championship since 2004.  

Thoughts? Heres' the King article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/10/may11/index.html?eref=T1    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Do Patriots Deserve to Be Favored to Win SB?

Favorites only matter in Vegas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The top 4 teams will be Patriots/Steelers and Eagles/Giants.

I do think the Pats D will be championship caliber if Thomas/Woods and company get pressure on the QB. Now that we got rid of that midget Hobbs and drafted/FA'd size and speed in our secondary, i compare it to the Colts secondary. The offense may struggle early but i hope the OC by committee figures things out. Brady must protect his knee, wear the brace ALWAYS, use his pocket presence, use that golden arm and brain not his gimpy legs and use his potential great running attack. Maroney is the 4th RB(Morris, Faulk, Taylor better) Unreal, it's only may and i am dying for august already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

You must remember that this is a team that went 11-5 without their HOF QB, arguably the leagues best.  Brady's recovery makes the Pats serious contenders without other moves.  This team also stocked up on young players who should ease the load on aging veterans.  The Pats improved their secondary, and on paper, looks to be one of the league's best.  They also added several weapons to the offensive attack, that should bolster the TE and RB spots where we received little production.  Pass rush is obviously a concern, but I think that with the likely signing of Jason Taylor, our pass rush will be good enough to see if the answer to our problems lie within (Crable, Redd, Woods).  Besides pass rush, the Pats have virtually no holes on the roster, and could easily compete for a Super Bowl title.  I do believe glory will return to New England in '09.  They deserve to be the favorites and will not let us down.

Go Pats!!!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

With Brady coming back at full strength, the Pats have to be favored to win it all.  Last time Brady was healthy for the entire season they almost went 20-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I think that there is no way to tell until we see the first regular season game and see how Brady performs, and how the DB's do. I think is is realistic to expect at least a slow start as Brady shakes off his rust.

But in the NFL it is about peaking at the right time- and all I would care about is seeing them peaking near the end of the season and carrying that all the way to the Superbowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]     Peter King has written an article for SI, picking the top NFL teams, from 1-32. He has named the New England Patriots at #1, followed by the Steelers, Giants, Bears (yes...da Bears), Colts, Eagles, Chargers, Ravens, Cowboys, and Titans.      If I were a Steelers fan, I would take this as a great insult. After all, didn't the Black & Gold crush the Cassel led Patriots in Foxboro, on their way to winning the 2008 season championship? Yet, despite have their SB winning team  returning almost completely intact, their getting dissed;      Giants fans will point back to the 2007 season SB...and the fact that their 2009 defense, and running game, may, in fact, be deeper and better, than the 2007 version.      As for the Bears...its' a joke that they have been included by King as one of the NFL's top teams.      The Colts are always in the hunt. Last year, cracks were beginning to show, as injuries infiltrated both their offensive and defensive lines. Marvin Harrison is gone...and Joe Addai has showed signs of wear and tear. The selection of RB Donald Brown should improve the Colts running game and screen pass attack. Nonetheless, the lack of a deep threat, that was Harrison, will make it less formidable. Furthermore, how much will they miss Tony Dungy?      The Eagles, based on their great off-season, should be a threat. Their defense is solid. The addition of LT Jason Peters will fortify their OL. Young WRs Deshawn Jackson are Jeremy Maclin are game breakers...and rookie RB LeSean McCoy should allow them to take some of the load off the fabulous Brian Westbrook.      The Chargers have a first rate QB in Philip Rivers. But, their OL is not nearly what it was in 2006...and neither is LaDainian Tomlinson. As we saw last year, Shawne Merriman is the key to their defense. It remains to be seen if Merriman can fully recover from his serious knee injury. The fact that the Bolts used their top draft choice on hybrid OLB Larry English suggests some concern.      The Ravens will fall back to Earth in 2009. An older, free agency ravaged defense, and a darth of WRs, will speed their downfall.      The Cowboys have no business being listed in the top 10. Their OL is old, injury prone, and overrated. Those who followed the 2009 draft saw how their silly trade for WR Roy Williams damaged the team. Wade Phillips is a figurehead of coach, taking his marching orders from you know who...and everybody knows it.                  The Titans have fallen, largely due to the loss of DT Albert Hayneswoth. QB Kerry Collins is a year older...and neither he, or his team, will be sneaking up on anybody this season. Nonetheless, their defense and running game still make them formidable.            WHICH BRINGS US TO THE PATRIOTS. Theres' no way that the 2009 offense will rival the 2007 edition. Their WR corp isn't as good, or deep. Their OL remains the same, but two years older. Tom Brady, like Shawne Merriman, is coming off a severe knee injury. Will he ever return to being the Tom Terrific of old? Will missing the the entire 2008 season will ensure that he'll be rusty...at least initially?       As for the defense, is it any better than the 2007 unit? That year, the Patriots finished 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks. That total dropped off dramatically last year. Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Asante Samuel are gone, Tedy Bruschi is 36, and Richard Seymour has yet to play to the level of his contract.       But, ILB Jarod Mayo has been added to the mix, as have several young DBs...and a couple of solid veterans. Assuming, as everyone does, that Jason Taylor signs on...that should benefit the pass rush. But, what if Taylor doesn't sign...or signs, but is only a shadow of the player that he once was? Who will rush the passer? Does anybody think that the 2009 Patriots defense is potentially a championship caliber unit??      Furthermore, the Pats, for all their accomplishments, haven't won a championship since 2004.        Thoughts? Heres' the King article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/10/may11/index.html?eref=T1            
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

What do you mean the WR core isn't as deep? we have moss and welker fom 2007 and we added joey galloway (who is better then stallworth) and we added greg lewis and brandon tate. so i say it is pretty close if not better.  Plus i think our secondary is deeper with springs, bodden, butler, weatley, and whilite.  Our RB core is improved with the addition of fred taylor and a healthy maroney.  We also have 2 real TE threats in baker and smith which we didn't have in 2007.  So i think our Offense will be better.  The only thing we really need talent on the offensive side is the o-line.  And for defense we only need linebackers, which there are a few great FA left in Jason Taylor and pisa tinoismoa. i think we will be good to go for next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]What do you mean the WR core isn't as deep? we have moss and welker fom 2007 and we added joey galloway (who is better then stallworth) and we added greg lewis and brandon tate. so i say it is pretty close if not better.  Plus i think our secondary is deeper with springs, bodden, butler, weatley, and whilite.  Our RB core is improved with the addition of fred taylor and a healthy maroney.  We also have 2 real TE threats in baker and smith which we didn't have in 2007.  So i think our Offense will be better.  The only thing we really need talent on the offensive side is the o-line.  And for defense we only need linebackers, which there are a few great FA left in Jason Taylor and pisa tinoismoa. i think we will be good to go for next season.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Tate likely won't play this year...hes' still rehabbing his knee. I have to strongly disagree that 37 year old Joey Galloway is better than the 2007 version of Donte' Stallworth. Though Stallworth didn't have a ton of receptions in 2007, he always had to be accounted for by the defense...which opened things up for Welker and Moss. I can recall off the top of my head several huge plays Stallworth made while here...the dagger TD against the Cowboys in Dallas (which I vividly remember because I was at that game), the 30 plus yard sideline reception, setting up the winning TD against the Colts in Indy...and the long catch and run he had against Jacksonville in the playoffs.

Don't underestimate the loss of Jabar Gaffney. Brady had some good mojo with him...and he had several big games. It remains to be seen how effective Greg Lewis can be, when hes' not being covered by the likes of Deltha O'Neal or Dexter Reid.

Your correct in pointing out that the Pats need more talent on the OL. But, we have the same cast of characters. Do you think that they'll do any better with a less mobile Brady?

Theres' no guarantee that Jason Taylor will sign on. Even if he does, is he ready to rededicate himself to football after his brush with Hollywood? Plus, at age 34, how much does he have left? Pisa whateverhisnameis is undersized for the Pats' defensive scheme.

Hey...I love the Pats, too. But, this team still has holes on defense...and on the OL. Randy Moss is approaching his mid-thirties. For anyone to say that the Pats are better than everybody else seems like a stretch at this point...especially since no one really knows whether Brady will be 100% again, until he takes the field.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

IMO, last year if Brady didn't get hurt the Pats would have been in the Super Bowl hunt and they might have won their 4th trophy.

I think Brady will be a lot healthier than some pundits on this board since the injury happened in week one. It's not like Carson Palmer where it happened at the end of the season. Receiving worse maybe, maybe not you could make a good argument that Galloway even at his age is better than a Stallworth and Gaffney. Then you throw in some wildcards in Tate and Lewis.  TE will be better than 2007 with Baker and maybe Alex Smith. The running game could be better than the 2007 committee with the additon of Taylor. Offensive line about the same. I don't think they will duplicate the 2007 offensive numbers but next year this will be the best offense that takes the field.

Defense, Warren stays heathly this season and they have their front 3 all year that will be an improvement. Linebacking was a mess last year with injuries, so a healthier unit there could mean an improvement. Plus Mayo if he improves his game even more and a player like Crable, Woods, or Guyton step up more could make a very formidable front 7. Defensive backfield I'll say right now will be far better than last year. I think it might even be good enough with the FA and draft additions that we could see a lot more safety blitzing to get added pressure on the QB's.

In 2009 I see the Steelers running with the Pats for the top spot in the AFC. NFC right now I like Philadelphia, but I don't think they are as good as the Pats or Steelers at this point in time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

With all due respect for the Steelers, I think they may suffer a bit of a SB "hangover". Of course, Tomlin seems to have these guys more focused than Cowher did. They had a lot of close games in 08, and much like the 04 Patriots they stepped up in the 4th and pulled most of them out. We'll see if they can do so again. The Eagles have usually been "contenders", but McNabb needs to get over the big game hump which has haunted him his entire career. I think Indy's window is closing quickly, with Manning getting older, Dungy gone, and having to rely on younger WRs who don't have the chemistry with Peyton like the older ones did. As far as the Chargers go, it's really a matter of Merriman coming back as good as he was, and their O-line holding up. But mostly their defense. If they give up 30 points a game they will be in trouble. Denver handed them the division in 08 (IMO, a big reason for Cutler going to Chicago). Which leaves NE, who always seems to be able to restock. I may agree with King on paper, but Brady needs to be his old self and the defensive changes need to be effective. I also think the pass rush will be supplemented by safety blitzes. Teams like the Dolphins, Ravens, and Titans will fall back, I think. In the NFC the Giants are a question mark, as they have to find a replacement for Burress. So far they have only a couple younger guys to do it. We'll see how well that works. And though they went 4-12 in 08, the Seahawks have got healthy, plus made a couple significant additions like TJ. Teams like the Cardinals (too much dissent with management), Panthers (Delhomme is not the guy), and Cowboys (coaches too weak) are also-rans, IMO. It's way too early to seriously judge who has the best shot at the Lombardi, but I think NE being on top of this list is more a statement for BB. I'd love to see a rematch of SB 39 or 42, though. But first things first. I want to see Brady back out there in 07 form. If that happens things could very well just fall into place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

It's the boring time between the draft and the opening of camp. Football writers have to write about something. All these predictions are completely meaningless. Sure there are teams which are obviously going to contend and teams who have no chance but to whittle it down to 2 AFC and 2 NFC teams at this stage is ludicrous.

A couple things I do disagree with you on Pat. Brady is completely recovered and will be back at the top of his game and the receiving corps is in good shape especially if we can maintain a solid running game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If I'm a Steelers fan I'm still counting my lucky stars that the black and gold were able to sneak by Arizona by the hair on their chinny-chin-chins in the Super Bowl. I don't know as I would be all that insulted by Peter King picking the Pats to win it all this season. Steeler fan knows that Bitchburgh spanked the Pats the last time they met and I'm sure that's all that matters to him. With Brady coming back and reason for optimism on defense, the Pats are a logical choice, assuming King doesn't want to just spit out the defending champion as his favorite in the coming season.

My own opinion is that the Steelers have cake and ice cream on their schedule and will very likely be defending their conference crown on their own field. Whomever plans on taking Bitchburgh out better pack a lunch.

The Bears?

Whaddaya, kiddin' me?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The way I feel about is the Steelers are number one until they are beat just as the Pats were #1 after every SB year.  This year's Pats on paper is better than the 2007 team, but that's why they play the games.  But they should be second to only the SB champs in the AFC.  The Giants and Eagles will fight it out in the NFC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]What do you mean the WR core isn't as deep? we have moss and welker fom 2007 and we added joey galloway (who is better then stallworth) and we added greg lewis and brandon tate. so i say it is pretty close if not better.  Plus i think our secondary is deeper with springs, bodden, butler, weatley, and whilite.  Our RB core is improved with the addition of fred taylor and a healthy maroney.  We also have 2 real TE threats in baker and smith which we didn't have in 2007.  So i think our Offense will be better.  The only thing we really need talent on the offensive side is the o-line.  And for defense we only need linebackers, which there are a few great FA left in Jason Taylor and pisa tinoismoa. i think we will be good to go for next season.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with this post.....I will go as far to say that in 2007 was Brady's first year with Welker and Moss...they were breaking records while building chemestry.  Galloway is a #1 WR on most teams, he is better than Stallworth.  Galloway has something to prove and wants a ring.  This WR core is one of the best in the NFL.

2007 had Morris, Faulk, Maroney and Evans, Morris was hurt and lost for the most of the season.  Now we have a healthy Morris, Maroney, Faulk, Taylor and lawfirm.  Running backs are now better.

One could also argue that our TE's are better as well.  Kyle Brady turned out to be somwhat of a bust in 2007, Thomas was injured as always and played 2 games, Watson played 12 games.  Now we have Baker and Smith to add with Watson and Thomas....this group also looks to be better than 2007.

The O-line is pretty much the same with the addition of a couple of rookies..... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Good point Pats........You are # 1 till somebody knocks you off the hill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

It seems like everyone has finally given up on the Cowboys living up to expectations.

The perfect example on why who's best on paper is meaningless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] Brady is completely recovered and will be back at the top of his game and the receiving corps is in good shape especially if we can maintain a solid running game.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Evil One:

Of course, I hope you're right about Brady. But how can you, oor anybody, say hes' 100%, when hes' yet to take the field? We shall soon see if there are no lingering effects from his knee injury.  

The receiver corp, spearheaded by Welker and Moss, is OK. But, its' not vintage 2007. Moss is 32, Donte' Stallworth is gone, and Jabar Gaffney will be missed. WR Joey Galloway may want a ring, but hes' 37 years old. Greg Lewis beat up on the likes of Dexter Reid and Deltha O'Neal. He couldn't get the job done as TO's wingman in Philly, when given the chance. It remains to be seen if he can be as dependable as Gaffney.

The stable of RBs the Pats have looks solid. But, one has to wonder how much longer 33 year old Kevin Faulk can star. Hes' been a huge part of the offense for the past two years. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I think the WR's will be just as good as 2007, Moss may be on a slight decline, but Welker is still in his prime, and Galloway should do very well against single coverage, with a QB like Brady.
       I'm excited to see more of Julian Edelman, he is super quick. His short shuttle run on pro day blew away the scouts. They had to re-time him to make sure it was accurate. He actually ran faster the second time. The DB's at mini camp couldn't stay with hm. He has to make the transition from QB to WR. It would be exciting if he could develop into the 4th WR. With Welker and Edelman running across the middle and Moss and Galloway deep, somebody will always be open. I know I may be jumping the gun with this kid, but I have a good feeling after watching highlights of him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

TexasPat:  Couldn't agree more.  OL has always been slightly overrated. (Freeney owns Light)  LB core is okay with Mayo, but Vrabel gone?  I don't know.  WRs — 
    I think are a huge plus.  RB?  Who knows?  Butler could be big.  I think it ultimately comes down to how Brady performs coming back.  I really don't see how you can't pick the Steelers, as much as I hate their fans.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] Galloway is a #1 WR on most teams, he is better than Stallworth. 

RESPONSE: If you're referring to Galloway in his  prime, you would be right. But, at age 37, come-on now. 

2007 had Morris, Faulk, Maroney and Evans, Morris was hurt and lost for the most of the season.  Now we have a healthy Morris, Maroney, Faulk, Taylor and lawfirm.  Running backs are now better.

RESPONSE: Here you have a point. My only question is, how much longer can the aging Kevin Faulk (33) continue to star as a premiere 3rd down back? Is this the year that he finally starts to slow down? The Pats have nobody currently on their roster who can replace him. This is why some thought that the Pats should have selected RB Donald Brown with their 23rd overall pick...instead of trading down.   

One could also argue that our TE's are better as well.  Kyle Brady turned out to be somwhat of a bust in 2007, Thomas was injured as always and played 2 games, Watson played 12 games.  Now we have Baker and Smith to add with Watson and Thomas....this group also looks to be better than 2007.

RESPONSE: I agree with you 100% here. Chris Baker was an excellent addition...and Alex Smith could turn out to be what we hoped David Thomas would become.

The O-line is pretty much the same with the addition of a couple of rookies..... 

RESONSE:  Does this bode well for Brady and his gimpy knee?

Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is how I would rank the top 5 teams:

Steelers
    Patriots
    Giants
    Eagles
    Chargers

Colts almost tied for the 5th spot.

The Bears have proved nothing, so they have a QB now.  What's going to be their excuse now?  The giants D is probably better than 2007 and the eagles have done enough to give DM new toys.  Until they are knocked off the top of the mountain the Steelers are #1 in my book.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

One new element in the offense most are not addressing is the new TE's on the Pats offense.  Watson has always been inconsistent and injury prone, now with Baker and Smith, it will be interesting how much improvement is made in both blocking and receiving.  My guess is their impact should be huge in comparison to what the Pats have had with Watson and certainly Dave Thomas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The team that won the Super Bowl should have the courtesy of being ranked 1st overall entering the season and I wouldn't consider changing their ranking until they lose their first game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]
    Replying to:
    Galloway is a #1 WR on most teams, he is better than Stallworth. 

RESPONSE: If you're referring to Galloway in his  prime, you would be right. But, at age 37, come-on now. 

RESPONSE: Here you have a point. My only question is, how much longer can the aging Kevin Faulk (33) continue to star as a premiere 3rd down back? Is this the year that he finally starts to slow down? The Pats have nobody currently on their roster who can replace him. This is why some thought that the Pats should have selected RB Donald Brown with their 23rd overall pick...instead of trading down.   

RESPONSE: I agree with you 100% here. Chris Baker was an excellent addition...and Alex Smith could turn out to be what we hoped David Thomas would become.

RESONSE:  Does this bode well for Brady and his gimpy knee?

Posted by m1020us

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Well, Galloway at 33, 34 and 35 is better than Stallworth ever was....last year Galloway was hurt.  Sure he isn't going to get 1000 yards or 100 receptions, but he can still run routes and catch the ball...

Kevin Faulk is a 3rd down back...they don't typically slow down as fast as feature backs do...less ball carrying, less wear and tear....

With the addition of Baker and Smith to the TE position, they should be able to help keep the goons off of Brady.  Yes, Cassell had the most sacks of any Qb last year, but that is mainly due to his inexperience and lack of decisiveness...we still have one of the best lines in football and the Pats are good at turning rookies into good blockers.  Don't forget, it wasn't the o-line that led to Brady getting the knee injury....that was Morris.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]The way I feel about is the Steelers are number one until they are beat just as the Pats were #1 after every SB year.  This year's Pats on paper is better than the 2007 team, but that's why they play the games.  But they should be second to only the SB champs in the AFC.  The Giants and Eagles will fight it out in the NFC.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Uh, nobody is giving the Pats the trophy...it is a guess based off of the additions and subtraction of the offseason....it is a fun thing to do....

You are correct in saying that the Steelers are the SB champions and the team to beat....but live a little and take a guess as to how they will do next year.  Don't ruin the fun for the rest of us if you don't want to play.