Do Patriots Deserve to Be Favored to Win SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: Do Patriots Deserve to Be Favored to Win SB?

Texas:   I would argue that this team from top to bottom may be better than 2007.  There is so much more depth across the board and I think our defense is going to be better. 

In 2007 the defense was an enigma because our offense put them in position where all they had to do was pin their ears back and rush the QB.  We were always ahead by 20+ points.

I'm not saying they will go 16-0 again but I do believe when you look at the team from top to bottom, this will be the best and deepest 53 man roster the Pats have ever put on the field. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Galloway at 33, 34 and 35 is better than Stallworth ever was....last year Galloway was hurt.  Sure he isn't going to get 1000 yards or 100 receptions, but he can still run routes and catch the ball.

RESPONSE: A foot injury kept Galloway away in 2008. Foot injuries are among the worst for a WR/CB to have, as they can often take forever to heal. One Tampa Bay Bucs blogger stated the following: 
         "...That’s got to be the worst injury a Wide Receiver can have, a injury to his feet. That’s his bread and butter. Deion Sanders had to quit playing football due to a turf toe. Eddie George had chronic issues with his feet and turf toe. Even LaDainian Tomlinson has suffered from foot injuries. It’s not even the injury itself as it is the lingering effects of the injury."
         Sorry...but expectations shouldn't be high for a 37 year old (38 in Nov.) WR coming off such an injury.  

Kevin Faulk is a 3rd down back...they don't typically slow down as fast as feature backs do...less ball carrying, less wear and tear.

RESPONSE: True...but at age 33, his best days may rapidly be coming to an end. 

With the addition of Baker and Smith to the TE position, they should be able to help keep the goons off of Brady. 

RESPONSE:  Though Baker should help the running game, I don't see him being a difference maker in pass-protection. Smith is more of a receiving TE, than a blocker.

Yes, Cassell had the most sacks of any Qb last year, but that is mainly due to his inexperience and lack of decisiveness.

RESPONSE: Theres' some truth to this.

we still have one of the best lines in football and the Pats are good at turning rookies into good blockers.  Don't forget, it wasn't the o-line that led to Brady getting the knee injury....that was Morris.

RESPONSE: Toward the end of the 2007 season, and in playoff games vs. an Diego and the Giants, Brady was getting hit far too often.

Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]This is how I would rank the top 5 teams: Steelers Patriots Giants Eagles Chargers Colts almost tied for the 5th spot. The Bears have proved nothing, so they have a QB now.  What's going to be their excuse now?  The giants D is probably better than 2007 and the eagles have done enough to give DM new toys.  Until they are knocked off the top of the mountain the Steelers are #1 in my book.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

My rankings would be:

1) Pats:  I am a homer.  But I believe that the overall offense has improved over last year and should be close to the 2007 record breaking form.

2) Steelers:  Pretty much the same team that won the SB last year, but had a couple of lost players this year...

3) Philly: They have had a really good offseason, should be one of the teams to beat in the NFC.

4) San Diego:  Improved their Defense over the offseason, a healthy Merriman helps and Tomlinson helps too.  Playing in a weak division helps as well.....

5) Atlanta: Yes, I said Atlanta....Ryan did very well as a rookie last year, look for him to have a better year with the addition of Tony G!

Close consideration: 

Colts have too many coaching losses and their #2 WR to consider them a top 5 team.

Giants:  Losses to their WR Buress had proven to be a huge loss....has not replaced him....Toomer is also gone....All their WR's are very young.  They do have a very good defense that should keep them in games while Eli is having trouible throwing the ball....

Texans:  They have made considerable strides over the past couple of years and I think that this is the year that they are up there int he top 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You all are acting like this is the first time this has happened, how many of you guys were dissing the Giants after they beat us? You guys gave them no credit at all except for a few people who gave them their due. What about the year the Pats beat the Rams for the title? The next year the Rams were still ranked as the #1 team in the NFL and yes we were all fired up about it then as Im sure Steelers fans are now but it is what it is. The Pats have a real good shot at making a run at a title and thats all he is saying is that he thinks of all the teams in the NFL they have the best shot. The Steelers won teh championship in a year with no Tom Brady, it was bizzaro world last season once he went down and if this article has any meaning to it at all it is this, now that Brady is back the power COULD shift back to the Pats this season. The Steelers were a good team last year but they were not the 07 pats and they could have been beaten in fact I think if the Pats mad ethe playoffs last year we would have won it all and that would include beating the Steelers if we had to I think we were hot whenit counted. All King is saying is he thinkls we have the best chance at doing it right now on paper. It is what it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Uh, nobody is giving the Pats the trophy...it is a guess based off of the additions and subtraction of the offseason....it is a fun thing to do.... You are correct in saying that the Steelers are the SB champions and the team to beat....but live a little and take a guess as to how they will do next year.  Don't ruin the fun for the rest of us if you don't want to play.

Ruin the fun?  Just posting my opinion, I think the Steelers have a strong team this year as well.  I personally think the Pats will roll to the playoffs but I also think the SB champs specially coming back with the same roster for the most part would be by courtesy ranked number 1 in my book.

This year we have "on paper" an improved secondary, improved RBs and WRs but still have questions on LBs been thin at ILB and not a stud at OLB.  The D line will continue to be the best in the business.  The O line has depth and youth now and we might see one of those guys start by end of the season.  The best is TB is back and every report is that he's right on schedule.  We saw 2007 and how our D let us down in the SB as well as Mcdaniels not been able to adjust to the Giants D.  This year from leasons learned and additions the Pats look "on paper" as the best team in the NFL.  But that's why the play the games, who had the cardinals going to the SB with wins on the road?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]

Replying to:

Well, Galloway at 33, 34 and 35 is better than Stallworth ever was....last year Galloway was hurt.  Sure he isn't going to get 1000 yards or 100 receptions, but he can still run routes and catch the ball.

RESPONSE: A foot injury kept Galloway away in 2008. Foot injuries are among the worst for a WR/CB to have, as they can often take forever to heal. One Tampa Bay Bucs blogger stated the following: 
         "...That’s got to be the worst injury a Wide Receiver can have, a injury to his feet. That’s his bread and butter. Deion Sanders had to quit playing football due to a turf toe. Eddie George had chronic issues with his feet and turf toe. Even LaDainian Tomlinson has suffered from foot injuries. It’s not even the injury itself as it is the lingering effects of the injury."
         Sorry...but expectations shouldn't be high for a 37 year old (38 in Nov.) WR coming off such an injury.  

Kevin Faulk is a 3rd down back...they don't typically slow down as fast as feature backs do...less ball carrying, less wear and tear.

RESPONSE: True...but at age 33, his best days may rapidly be coming to an end. 

With the addition of Baker and Smith to the TE position, they should be able to help keep the goons off of Brady. 

RESPONSE:  Though Baker should help the running game, I don't see him being a difference maker in pass-protection. Smith is more of a receiving TE, than a blocker.

Yes, Cassell had the most sacks of any Qb last year, but that is mainly due to his inexperience and lack of decisiveness.

RESPONSE: Theres' some truth to this.

we still have one of the best lines in football and the Pats are good at turning rookies into good blockers.  Don't forget, it wasn't the o-line that led to Brady getting the knee injury....that was Morris.

RESPONSE: Toward the end of the 2007 season, and in playoff games vs. an Diego and the Giants, Brady was getting hit far too often.

Posted by m1020us

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying about foot injuries and ankle sprains, but recovery from a broken foot does not take long to heal from and has no lingering problems later.

From Tamp bay.com:

November 2008
    Now Galloway has come forward to admit that in fact his foot was broken against the Falcons and the club did not want that information public because they wanted other teams to prepare for the speedy receiver.

It's hard to imagine that was much of a competitive edge for the Bucs, but so be it. Now that Galloway is completely healthy, he rarely gets on the playing field. Antonio Bryant has taken Galloway's split end position and Michael Clayton is playing well at flanker. Because the Bucs rarely use three receivers, Galloway is the odd-man out, a tough position for a player who has enjoyed three, 1,000-yard receiving seasons with Tampa Bay.

But the Bucs and Galloway's reluctance to disclose the foot was broken made him appear like a player who didn't have the toughness to play with a foot sprain.

as for Kevin Faulk, I don't think that you heard me about the 3rd down back not getting much milage, thus they last longer than feature backs.....You are saying rapidly coming to an end and just producing a number....he hasn't shown it on the field.

Here is a clip from thebleacherreport.com:

Patriots still have veteran running back Kevin Faulk who can still be the third-down back and perform amazing catches (remember last season's Moss-like catch?). I expect him to play the role he always has; being an incredibly reliable receiver, running back, and support player.

On Alex Smith:

from CBSsports.com:

The book is out on Smith: He's an excellent blocking tight end with decent receiving skills. In fact, Smith has exactly three touchdowns in each of his last three seasons, but his reception totals have declined annually since entering the league in 2005. The Patriots might use him as a blocker and red-zone target, though the acquisition is strange since the club already has Benjamin Watson and Chris Baker on staff. Figure Smith to be no better than a one-week replacement off the waiver-wire during the season.
    (Updated 04/30/2009).

In 2007 Brady was sacked the same amount of times as Manning that year.....Manning lower his sacks from 21 to 14 in a year without the addition of a top line Offensive lineman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Ruin the fun?  Just posting my opinion, I think the Steelers have a strong team this year as well.  I personally think the Pats will roll to the playoffs but I also think the SB champs specially coming back with the same roster for the most part would be by courtesy ranked number 1 in my book. This year we have "on paper" an improved secondary, improved RBs and WRs but still have questions on LBs been thin at ILB and not a stud at OLB.  The D line will continue to be the best in the business.  The O line has depth and youth now and we might see one of those guys start by end of the season.  The best is TB is back and every report is that he's right on schedule.  We saw 2007 and how our D let us down in the SB as well as Mcdaniels not been able to adjust to the Giants D.  This year from leasons learned and additions the Pats look "on paper" as the best team in the NFL.  But that's why the play the games, who had the cardinals going to the SB with wins on the road?

But you rank the steelers #1.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No1BadGuy. Show No1BadGuy's posts

Yo Texas Pat3,

While I agree with you completly that our defense & Olines are the area of concern and as much as our team in many ways resembles the 2007 team, I think there are a couple of improvements on both sides of the ball that have occured.

I think on paper anyways that our 2ndary has improved and there is more depth as of this moment (before the injuries occur during a full season) than there was in 2007.

I also think on the offensive side of the ball, there is more diversity with Taylor and the running game and with our TE's than there was in 2007.

As for Brady and his recovery, I have been saying this for almost 5 months now.
    Phillip Rivers tore his ACL, MCL & PCL ligaments in Jan 2008 during the playoffs and was ready to go when week 1 rolled around. I know you can never compare injury recoveries, but I think that TB will be chomping at the bit to get the season rolling and that early on they will rely on the mismatches that the offense should be able to create.

As for Gallaway, I think he even at this point is still and upgrade over Stallworth who by the end of the 2007 season was #4 on the depth chart behind Gaffney..

In the end I think 12-4 or 13-3 is not out of the question for a final regular season record..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]But you rank the steelers #1.....

Yes I do, they are SB champs their roster is just about the same as it was last year.  The Pats are going to be in the SB but starting out the season I have the Steelers ranked #1.  They are proven we still have questions with all the additions.  Making too much out of a ranking before the season starts, head to head the Pats are a better team "on paper" this year's Pats have not played a down yet and there are additions in just about every area of the team. 

I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm also a football fan and know that having a Patriots team that has so many new parts to their team ranked ahead of the SB champs who didn't loose any key players on either two sides of the ball is not my thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I do, they are SB champs their roster is just about the same as it was last year.  The Pats are going to be in the SB but starting out the season I have the Steelers ranked #1.  They are proven we still have questions with all the additions.  Making too much out of a ranking before the season starts, head to head the Pats are a better team "on paper" this year's Pats have not played a down yet and there are additions in just about every area of the team.  I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm also a football fan and know that having a Patriots team that has so many new parts to their team ranked ahead of the SB champs who didn't loose any key players on either two sides of the ball is not my thing.

So the 2001 Pats should have been ranked at #1 in 2002?  You don't think that it is possible for a team to get better or worse in the offseason?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Two words,  Offensive Line  This group has been ignored, it was this unit that was root cause of the SB loss, Brady's injury, and MC getting sacked 50 times. I realize there are alot of movings parts to that statement, but with a better O line alot of those problems never happen or disappear all together.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

I agree that the O-line had problems in the SB loss, but it had more to do with the coaches not making the adjustments that were needed.

Brady injury had nothing to do with the O-line....remember Morris picked up the blitz and was the one responsible for the blocker that took brady out.

Cassell was part of his own doing...His reaction time, lack of decisiveness and the fact that he would rather try to scramble than throw the ball away was part of his being sacked more often than any player in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]So the 2001 Pats should have been ranked at #1 in 2002?  You don't think that it is possible for a team to get better or worse in the offseason?

Yes and Yes but that's part of why I rank the Steelers ahead of the Pats right now, the Steelers certainly did not get worse over the offseason they improved depth in FA and draft.  The patriots did the same but we've seen the Steelers play together we have not seen the Pats yet.

In 2002 the Pats were not considered favorite not even close but yes I think if you are about the same team as the year before why not be a fovorite when you just proved with the team you have you can win the big show.  Now if you win the SB and let FAs leave on key roles then that's another story. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I do, they are SB champs their roster is just about the same as it was last year.  The Pats are going to be in the SB but starting out the season I have the Steelers ranked #1.  They are proven we still have questions with all the additions.  Making too much out of a ranking before the season starts, head to head the Pats are a better team "on paper" this year's Pats have not played a down yet and there are additions in just about every area of the team.  I'm a huge Patriots fan but I'm also a football fan and know that having a Patriots team that has so many new parts to their team ranked ahead of the SB champs who didn't loose any key players on either two sides of the ball is not my thing.

So if you think that the Pats are better on paper, then your ranking would have then  at #1....go out on a limb...stop sitting on the fence.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Yes and Yes but that's part of why I rank the Steelers ahead of the Pats right now, the Steelers certainly did not get worse over the offseason they improved depth in FA and draft.  The patriots did the same but we've seen the Steelers play together we have not seen the Pats yet. In 2002 the Pats were not considered favorite not even close but yes I think if you are about the same team as the year before why not be a fovorite when you just proved with the team you have you can win the big show.  Now if you win the SB and let FAs leave on key roles then that's another story. 

You do know how difficult it is to repeat, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]You do know how difficult it is to repeat, right?

M, yes I do but before the season starts with nobody seen the teams on the field yet I think the SB champs based on their team been intact are still #1.  Now season starts and games have been played and the team on paper actually performs on the field then you can start moving up and down based on the season. 

How about this, the Pats have as good a chance to make the SB this year as any team based on offseason moves.  But I still have the Steelers ranked #1 before the season begins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]So if you think that the Pats are better on paper, then your ranking would have then  at #1....go out on a limb...stop sitting on the fence.....

Why are you making such a big deal about this?  Sitting on the fence?  I'm telling the Patriots have a very good team but they haven't played a game yet.  Not on the fence let them play and see how it goes.

I hate the Steelers so don't make me keep saying that I have them ranked #1 right now.  Like I said I'm also a football fan so I'm not just going to jump on my team's side when I look at the bigger picture. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I really don't put much into the "who's favorite" thing because it always comes down to play and injuries.  Tom coming back and the off season acquisitions are the reasons why the Pats are favored.  But in the long run it comes down to injuries.  Weren't the Pats favored last year?  Down went Brady and it was supposedly over.  Going 11-5 and missing the playoffs is crazy.  It was a damned good job by Belichick.

Brady just knows how to get it done.  Cassel did well but the management of the game is what he lacks.  That can only be gained through experience.

There are questions at WR but I don't view them as bad.  Galloway is the #3 guy in this instead of #1 or #2.  We do have Lewis as well.  I guess if you have to go searching for something you can go here.  It doesn't look bad to me.

The offensive line is deep this year which it hasn't been in a long time.  Bringing Sweeny into the picture is somewhat unfair.  Sweeny isn't an all pro for nothing.  He owns many a LT. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]     Peter King has written an article for SI, picking the top NFL teams, from 1-32. He has placed the New England Patriots at #1, followed by the Steelers, Giants, Bears (yes...da Bears), Colts, Eagles, Chargers, Ravens, Cowboys, and Titans.      If I were a Steelers fan, I would take this as a great insult. After all, didn't the Black & Gold crush the Cassel led Patriots in Foxboro, on their way to winning the 2008 season championship? Yet, despite have their SB winning team  returning almost completely intact, their getting dissed;      Giants fans will point back to the 2007 season SB...and the fact that their 2009 defense, and running game, may, in fact, be deeper and better, than the 2007 version.      As for the Bears...its' a joke that they have been included by King as one of the NFL's top teams.      The Colts are always in the hunt. Last year, cracks were beginning to show, as injuries infiltrated both their offensive and defensive lines. Marvin Harrison is gone, and Joe Addai has showed signs of wear and tear. The selection of RB Donald Brown should improve the Colts running game and screen pass attack. Nonetheless, the lack of a deep threat, that was Harrison, will make it less formidable. Furthermore, how much will they miss Tony Dungy?      The Eagles, based on their great off-season, should be a threat. Their defense is solid. The addition of LT Jason Peters will fortify their OL. Young WRs Deshawn Jackson are Jeremy Maclin are game breakers...and rookie RB LeSean McCoy should allow them to take some of the load off the fabulous Brian Westbrook.      The Chargers have a first rate QB in Philip Rivers. But, their OL is not nearly what it was in 2006...and neither is LaDainian Tomlinson. As we saw last year, Shawne Merriman is the key to their defense. It remains to be seen if Merriman can fully recover from his serious knee injury. The fact that the Bolts used their top draft choice on hybrid OLB Larry English suggests some concern.      The Ravens will fall back to Earth in 2009. An older, free agency ravaged defense, and a darth of WRs, will speed their downfall.      The Cowboys have no business being listed in the top 10. Their OL is old, injury prone, and overrated. Those who followed the 2009 draft saw how their silly trade for WR Roy Williams damaged the team. Wade Phillips is a figurehead of coach, taking his marching orders from you know who...and everybody knows it.                  The Titans have fallen, largely due to the loss of DT Albert Hayneswoth. QB Kerry Collins is a year older...and neither he, or his team, will be sneaking up on anybody this season. Nonetheless, their defense and running game still make them formidable.            WHICH BRINGS US TO THE PATRIOTS. Theres' no way that the 2009 offense will rival the 2007 edition. Their WR corp isn't as good, or deep. Their OL remains the same, but two years older. Tom Brady, like Shawne Merriman, is coming off a severe knee injury. Will he ever return to being the Tom Terrific of old? Will missing the the entire 2008 season cause him to be rusty...at least initially?       As for the defense, is it any better than the 2007 unit? That year, the Patriots finished 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks. That total dropped off dramatically last year. Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Asante Samuel are gone, Tedy Bruschi is 36, and Richard Seymour has yet to play to the level of his contract.       But, ILB Jarod Mayo has been added to the mix, as have several young DBs...and a couple of solid veterans. Assuming, as everyone does, that Jason Taylor signs on...that should benefit the pass rush. But, what if Taylor doesn't sign...or signs, but is only a shadow of the player that he once was? Who will rush the passer? Does anybody think that the 2009 Patriots defense is potentially a championship caliber unit??      The Pats, for all their accomplishments, haven't won a championship since 2004.        Thoughts? Heres' the King article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/10/may11/index.html?eref=T1            
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    YES!!!! :) I really like most of the offseasons moves so far and can't wait to see how it will jell this year. Besides, how many other teams could lose their starting QB (game #1) and procede to lose 13 to 15 starters to IR and finish 11-5! Also as long as we have Bill he will get the best out of the players he has! Go Pats!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I personally hate it when we are picked to win, i like being the underdog. Not that we can ever be an underdog again lol but still i liked it when everyone would pick against us. You know back when Peyton was the golden boy and the Pats D didnt have what it took to stop him right? And then Ty Law would come out and pick him off 3 times and our D would hold him to 3 points and we would win a championship with all the "experts" left scratching their heads....ah those were the days.

Hey Pats so I assume that you were giving the Giants their due respect in the power rankings the year they beat us right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

No one is underdogg but me! ...and my superior colts of course.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Aren't these the pundits you guys love to hate when they say bad things about the pats?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I hate them when they say good things about the Pats just as much as I hate them when they say bad things. Dont fool yourself Underdogg Pats fans hate the media in general not just when it suits us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't put much into the "who's favorite" thing because it always comes down to play and injuries. 

RESPONSE: True...but what else is there to generate football talk in May?

Tom coming back and the off season acquisitions are the reasons why the Pats are favored.  But in the long run it comes down to injuries.  Weren't the Pats favored last year?  Down went Brady and it was supposedly over.  Going 11-5 and missing the playoffs is crazy.  It was a damned good job by Belichick.

RESPONSE: But for the equally great job by Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh, BB should have been named NFL Coach of the Year. 

Brady just knows how to get it done.  Cassel did well but the management of the game is what he lacks.  That can only be gained through experience.

RESPONSE: What? Managing a game is one of his strengths. The question with Cassel is, can he do more than just manage a game. In other words, can his play carry his team. Towards the end of the season, his fine play was doing just that for the Pats. Thats' why the Chiefs invested the 34th overall pick in him...and why other teams now wish that they hadn't tried to low-ball the Patriots in trade discussions. 

There are questions at WR but I don't view them as bad.  Galloway is the #3 guy in this instead of #1 or #2.  We do have Lewis as well.  I guess if you have to go searching for something you can go here.  It doesn't look bad to me.

RESPONSE: Any WR corp with Moss and Welker will be solid. The question is, whether the 37 year old Galloway has anything left, and whether Greg Lewis is an adequate replacement for Jabar Gaffney. The other thing to factor into the Pats' passing game this season should be greater use of the TE as a receiver. Chris Baker and Alex Smith were excellent pick-ups.

The offensive line is deep this year which it hasn't been in a long time. 

RESPONSE: Really? How is the Pats OL any better...or deeper? Vollmer is very raw, and Ohrnberger and Bussey were rated by most as marginal prospects. Considering that the Pats spent the 58th overall pick on Vollmer, and basically traded Ellis Hobbs for Ohrnberger, these guys had better develop into decent players.   

Bringing Sweeny into the picture is somewhat unfair.  Sweeny isn't an all pro for nothing.  He owns many a LT.

RESPONSE: Who is Sweeny? I'm guessing you mean Freeney.

Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

In any event, I hope that Peter King is right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You know Sweeney.

He lives next door to Finnegan and across the street from O'Reilly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]You know Sweeney. He lives next door to Finnegan and across the street from O'reilly.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah...Charlie Sweeney. Yeah...everybody knows Charlie. Hes' the guy who walks like this...(3 stooges line...LOL!!)