Do Patsies Have "It"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Do Patsies Have "It"

Yes, they have a declining Brady, Gronk, Hernandez - but early in the offseason clearly have to add some talent in all 3 phases of the game.  They arguably have the best coach in the NFL. But do they have the "it" factor? Even with the improved talent this past season - they seemed to lack the "it" factor: the attitude, desire, fire, hunger, ect.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Do Patsies Have

No swagger

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Parcells was right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Parcells was right.

Exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Parcells was right.

Yep

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Parcells was right.

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

lmao.  What? That fans are blind or spoiled?  I'm thinkin' both are true - there are some fans who are spoiled....and there are fans who are blind. There are also plenty of people in between the two extremes.

This team is still more finesse than not. 

It's exactly like it was 10-12 years ago when the Colts won lots of games - and the Patriots OWNED that team. The Patriots were able to play physical - Brady PROTECTED the ball and passed to the open receiver (vs. FORCING the ball and getting INTs), and special teams and the defense were able to make enough TIMELY plays. Problem is that the current Patriots falls just shy of the physical talent and hunger needed to beat teams like the Ravens and 49ers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

lmao.  What? That fans are blind or spoiled?  I'm thinkin' both are true - there are some fans who are spoiled....and there are fans who are blind. There are also plenty of people in between the two extremes.

This team is still more finesse than not. 

It's exactly like it was 10-12 years ago when the Colts won lots of games - and the Patriots OWNED that team. The Patriots were able to play physical - Brady PROTECTED the ball and passed to the open receiver (vs. FORCING the ball and getting INTs), and special teams and the defense were able to make enough TIMELY plays. Problem is that the current Patriots falls just shy of the physical talent and hunger needed to beat teams like the Ravens and 49ers.

Ravens fans were saying some version of this last year at this time. It's not liike they added all kinds of talent this year, same cast of characters, they just played better.  Niners fans are saying it now. The shortcomings of every team that falls short are magnified in these games.

I don't think physicality is the problem with the Pats.  It was that they played a poor game, lost Talib, missed Gronk, dropped some balls, sketchy QB play, questionable decisions, concussed RB drops the ball....

Do they need more talent at a few positions, sure, but to think there's some huge talent gap between them and the SB teams is not correct in my opinion.  They just need to play better.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Pats should win the Super Bowl every year.  I blame Mayor Madinio 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Do fans of the Patriots call the team Patsies?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

do exiled pats fans come back?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Yes, they have a declining Brady, Gronk, Hernandez - but early in the offseason clearly have to add some talent in all 3 phases of the game.  They arguably have the best coach in the NFL. But do they have the "it" factor? Even with the improved talent this past season - they seemed to lack the "it" factor: the attitude, desire, fire, hunger, ect.....

no they dont, need to address in offseason, and off coordinator is a key element of it (along with a few personnel)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

MEDIOCRE team + HOF QB = in the mix, but not especially likely to win it all.

Tell the "greatest GM of all-time" to stop screwing up and the chances improve dramatically. (Not that there is much time left to do that.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Gronk is one of the greatest tight ends I have ever seen. He's their jump ball guy. You need a guy like that. When he went down I knew we had lost our advantage. Run-blocking, too.

You need all your horses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to JohnTAlouette's comment:

Gronk is one of the greatest tight ends I have ever seen. He's their jump ball guy. You need a guy like that. When he went down I knew we had lost our advantage. Run-blocking, too.

You need all your horses.

yeah, but it's a cheap excuse not having all of your horses for these games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

No

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

no they just to a better team

the rest is just nonsense

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

no they just lost to a better team

the rest is just nonsense

i dunno about that.  Why is it that the Patriots had better success beating the Colts about 10-12 years ago.  They were built to beat teams like the Colts back then.  This team is very similar to the offensive jaugernaut that the Colts used to be.  Like the olde Colts - teams like the Ravens and 49ers are built to beat these Patriots.

Sections
Shortcuts