Do people really hate peyton manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Do people really hate peyton manning?

Just by looking at recent comments of manning I was just wondering if people actually hate him?  Dont get me wrong, I was as happy as most pats fans were when manning was the cause threw the costly pick 6.  But I cant say I hate Manning as much as I see him as a respected rival.

I feel that we all felt somewhat angry when "experts" were getting rdy to annoint manning as the greatest qb of all time.  Not because we didnt think he deserved it (we he probably doesnt yet) as much as because that statement claimed that manning was better than our very own brady.

When both their careers are over I do hope that Brady is more reverred as the Greatest Qb than Manning...but either way, both of them will be remembered as top 10 to maybe even top 5 qbs of all time.  When I think of Brady Ill always think of MAnning as Ive always thought of magic johnson when remembering Bird.  These two have pushed each other to each others full potential

You guys should be happy we have a peyton manning and maybe you will 10 yrs from now.  When these two play each other you always know you're gonna get a classic game.  Lets be real, if manning retired today...wouldn't we all be a little sad whenever the pats played the colts?

Just one mans opinion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Re: Do people really hate peyton manning?

Hate's a strong word, taken out of context, maybe too strong for a respected and (honestly) feared star player for a bitter rival.  I'll answer this way.  Bill Polian probably doesn't "hate" Doug Flutie, but in the heat of watching a Pats-Colts game, he yelled for the Colts defender to "break his [Fluties] leg." It is what it is.

I think Manning is a great player, but I really, really dislike him.  The highlight of the SB for me was the "Manning face," especially after the pick six. 

We've heard a lot of moral superiority BS from the league and from Colts fans over the past couple of years, so yes, it is extra special when Mr. Wonderful falls flat on his face (again) in a playoff game.  Will I miss the Brady-Manning matchups when either one is gone?  Definitely.  But I don't like Manning, never will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I respect his talent but not his whining and penchant to throw teammates and coaches under the bus after a loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hate might be to strong but here are the reasons I just can't stand him at all.

1) He through his team under the bus all those years that he flopped in the playoffs. I have no respect for someone who won't take blame and is so willing to condemn those who helped get him there

2) I can't stand seeing his face on every other commercial on Sundays. Seriously, overdose of his face is just to much when it happens 16 times in a game he's not playing

3) His cocky arrogent nature. I know that Brady can have the same attitude but Brady always gives respect to the other team when he's beat and is humble enough to admit when he just plained sucked every so often. All I hear from Manning is about his line or a dropped pass or a missed call. Never about how well the other team played or how bad he did.

4) The pundits, I mean seriously we have to listen about how a 9-9 playoff QB is the best QB ever. Even when he's not playing in the game they are calling.

All that adds up to maybe not hate but distain, dislike, disrespect oh heck yeah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Oh Gawd no I dont hate him, I slept with his mother! But I am very tired of seeing his Big Head all over my television and other ads. And now his goofball brother too. Could there possibly be inbreeding in that family? They really do look kind of weird, you know like England. But I do have to say I loved Peyton on Saturday Night Live when he drilled that little kid in the back with the football then told him to get his head outta his azzz lmao that was outrageous!
    I dont know, Im gonna have a drink then decide.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Hate is not the right word.

I think Manning is a deusche for many of the reasons stated above -- particularly his penchant for whining and deflecting responsiblity -- and he certainly takes more abuse than almost any other athlete (with the possible exception of Brett Favre) because of his decision to Madison Avenue himself. To be fair, Manning's overexposure is not entirely his own fault. The insufferable media plays a large role in force feeding us more Manning than anyone should reasonably be expected to endure. I find it strange that the self-deprecating sense of humor he often displays in his commercials absolutely never translates in his postgame personality.

As a fan, I do hate the Colts as an organization, and Manning is the face of that organization, but to be honest, I like the fact that Manning acts like such a deusche sometimes. It makes it easier to hate him . . .

except I don't hate him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Have to agree with PatsEng. And I could probably add a few points if I were in the mood.

I reserve hate for the select few people that deserve it. I hate Osama Bin Laden, for example. He is a subhuman piece of garbage. Peyton Mannning? I strongly dislike. But I don't hate.

He's not even my least favorite NFL player. I would put Leonard Little, Michael Vick and Brett Favre ahead of him, among others. Colts, Chargers and Titans are my 3 least favorite teams with the Colts leading the way. If we are talking about the  Colts I would even put Dungy and Polian ahead of Manning. At least Mannning has some talent. What exactly is it the other two guys are good for? Besides making fools of themselves and irritating people with an IQ over 70.

And the commercials. I don't make anywhere near what Manning makes. But I make a pretty good living by most people's standards. I have a nice house. A couple of nice cars and a bike. I don't go without. I can have anything I want (within reason) I mean, I don't have a stable of Lambourghinis in my car port. But I don't need to. I have everything I, or any normal person, would need to be content.

But Mannning is making hundreds of millions of dollars and it's somehow not enough. I have to look at his Gomer Pyle face plastered all over TV. The greed is insulting to regular people.

Every time I see Manning I'm reminded of the Eli Manning ad. For reasons that are beyond my comprehension, during the period of time that Eli was universally considered a bust and a terrible QB he put out a watch ad in magazines. And the tag line read- "Eli Manning. Unstoppable" It would be the equivilant of putting out the same ad today with Jamarcus  Russell. It became a running joke between my friends and I.  know he didn't write the ad. But it's just stuff like that tht gets under people's skin. They are both so self entitled.

The one thing I will say is that giving the other team credit is nothing more than a media stunt. You might not come out and say it, but you really have to take an a@@ whooping in order to be able to admit you were outplayed. As a former athlete I always thought it was about me and my team. You always think there was something you could have done differently to change the outcome of the game.

I don't remember walking of the field too many times and honestly believing that the team that just beat us was better. Call it arrogance. But I think it's the mindset of the athlete. It kind of has to be. Especially once you get to the NFL level

But if I was an NFL player I would get up to the podium and lie my butt off- like the Pats do. It's a respect thing, for your opponent and the game of football.

You can look at however you want. And I think this will be an unpopular opinion around here. I think Manning is a choke artist. But I don't know if he choked in that game. I've seen enough Colts games this year to honestly think the better team won. The Colts were very overrated this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've grown very fond of him over the past week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

hmmm Hate... no, I loathe the media schills that fawn and froth at the mouth over anyone who is anointed to greatness just because of familial connections.

Look as a family the Mannings are easily the best father-son-son trio ever to play the same position let alone the same sport.  And by himself Peyton is a tallented knowledgable QB that deserves to be in a conversation of great Quarterbacks, but to put him at the head of the table when there are players like Brady, Montana, Aikman, and yes Bradshaw... that is insulting and to top it off he makes it easy to not like him with his pouting and sulking and fingering others with the blame.  Ask his Oline how they feel about him today, and don't think Polian isn't his mouth piece.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Ok Im back, I had my drink...ahhhwhat was the question again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I don't hate him, respect him yes. Will probably appreciate him as a player more after he retires.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I hate this thread

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I don't hate Peyton. Actually, I respect him. All kidding aside, he's one of the best QBs of all-time. Where would the Colts be without him?

But, the smug Bill Polian, the "Pius One" Tony Dungy, and all things LA Lakers and/or Montreal Canadiens, are quite another matter.

I've beaten up on Dogg(g) alot lately...but its' just joking around...nothing personal. Though misguided in his sporting views :), he seems like an OK guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

of course not, just tired of all the media hype, won the reg season MVP when it should have went to Brees

he's got the same legacy as marino, and Jim kelley, but has won a super bowl, but now has lost one too with that pick-6

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Do people really hate peyton manning?:
    One thing I love about him is how he choked away the SuperBowl, and then gave the ol' Manning-face.
    Posted by John413

that was kinda humorous with that big ol' red forehead too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

Oh Gawd no I dont hate him, I slept with his mother! But I am very tired of seeing his Big Head all over my television and other ads. And now his goofball brother too. Could there possibly be inbreeding in that family? They really do look kind of weird, you know like England. But I do have to say I loved Peyton on Saturday Night Live when he drilled that little kid in the back with the football then told him to get his head outta his azzz lmao that was outrageous! I dont know, Im gonna have a drink then decide.
    Posted by alcondragon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

If his mother looks like him you are a true patriot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

If his mother looks like him you are a true patriot.
    Posted by james355

Well I have an excuse, I was drunk and his mother needed the money. Does that count?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Yea, I wanted to talk about Sigmund Freud's (known by his friends as "The Sig-Master F") habit of saying, "ALL I need in this world, Is a trusted friend and a hated enemy."  Then I was gonna talk about blah-blah-blah, the utter neccesity to displace anger & frustrated desires from our unconcious mind and blah-blah-blah, And how, Isn't it better to displace this absolute requirement of "anger" in some form, onto a mere rich, ever-present-on-tv, id!otic, can-do-no-wrong, rival-sport's team QB-Rather than a religion, or a race group, or etc., and blah-blah...but, man alcondragon's got me rollin' LingMAO! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Yeah I hate both the Mannings but they started it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Don't hate Peyton, but love to see him lose. I do despise the Colts organization, however.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Hate's a strong word, taken out of context, maybe too strong for a respected and (honestly) feared star player for a bitter rival.  I'll answer this way.  Bill Polian probably doesn't "hate" Doug Flutie, but in the heat of watching a Pats-Colts game, he yelled for the Colts defender to "break his [Fluties] leg." It is what it is. I think Manning is a great player, but I really, really dislike him.  The highlight of the SB for me was the "Manning face," especially after the pick six.  We've heard a lot of moral superiority BS from the league and from Colts fans over the past couple of years, so yes, it is extra special when Mr. Wonderful falls flat on his face (again) in a playoff game.  Will I miss the Brady-Manning matchups when either one is gone?  Definitely.  But I don't like Manning, never will.
    Posted by Norger

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

why does anybody hate a star athlete? why?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Since I don't know him, I can't really hate him or like him. However, he's on a very long list of people who I turn off immediately when I happen to trip over them on TV. Politicians, presidential advisors, bureaucrats, celebrity doctors, athletes, media people, religious fruitcakes, terrorist spokespersons and corporate criminals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Not so much hate, more like sick of him. He has overdone the endorsements and I'm just sick of seeing his giant forehead everywhere. I do hate that he has blamed others for losses and no-one has called him on it, and I hate the way the Colts snuck away in the middle of the night to move to Indy.