DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?:
    In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Please get over the stretching the truth thing.  Here are his words:  "NFL V.P. of officiating Mike Pereira said during his "Official Review" segment on NFLN's Total Access that it was "almost near impossible to tell" whether the spot was incorrect." turns out neither one of us was correct, so lets drop that one and get back to why you intentionally call someone the wrong name unless you do this kind of intentional thing all the time.  
    Posted by underdoggg

I've never known Pereira to throw a member of his zebra corps under the bus.  He kept his statements PC without admitting the spot was incorrect, which many a media pundit said it appeared to be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Sorry. I started to choke when you wrote that you were objective about the Colts. You did actually write that. Sorry that you don't remember. You were actually probably being ironic when you wrote it, but you did write it. You also wrote at the same time they didn't deserve the wins. Again, you were probably being ironic, but they were your words. If BDC still had the search function, I would find them for you. Lastly,oh, gee, another example of accusing me of your own actions. I question and criticize the Pats. This thread though is not about that. It is about the Colts getting favorable calls from the refs. Wait. It just struck me. You are now in the misdirection phase. Sorry. Should have realized it earlier.
    Posted by EnochRoot

root, if the discussion is only about the colts getting favorable calls then why the subject on:

Manning in the playoffs or
    that you think I am stretching the truth re: my words regarding the overturning of the call or
    the comment on my sales ability or
    that you think I think the colts are bad? 

Why all of this.  If you want my opinion on the questionable call this afternoon, all you have to do is read it.  Its right here on this thread. 

By the way, I think the refs got the calls in the pats game right, but I still don't know why they didn't call holding on that welker return that set up a pats score, do you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : I've never known Pereira to throw a member of his zebra corps under the bus.  He kept his statements PC without admitting the spot was incorrect, which many a media pundit said it appeared to be.
    Posted by agcsbill

AGC - he has noted when refs have gotten a call wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

To ALL : ~ Just read through this novel, and first thing's first: I gotta keep it real by givin' a shout out to some a' my peeps on here with some props for a few sayin's that stayed still to da' chest: Fourth :  Gotta Love the Jules Winnfield quote from Pulp Fiction (sorry I forgot the Poster):  " But I'm trying Ringo...I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepard ."  Even though I would have used the statement Jules made when Ringo asked him Which of the wallets was Jules'?  " It's the one that says bad-a##-mthr-f'r ," YOUR Quote was better fitting. Third :  Magicalhobo's post to the first Colt's Troll: " After reading the entire thread, it seems to me that you spent the majority of the time defending that Winnfield had 1 n. Then you let everyone know that you didn't watch the game. Finally, you did some research and found out that you were proven wrong about Winnfield and declared that you were signing off ."  ~LOL, yea that's about what We ALL came away with after 5 pages of text and ya really can't argue with an iron brand of reasoning like that...  See, I think JulesWinfield just might be BDC's very first " Professional Troll", because seriously, It takes a true Professional at something to be that cryptic, selective, AND adamant in your supportive beliefs of it. Second :  Root's that went something akin to this: " See, I picture you in a wham-like T-shirt, that has the slogan, ' CHOOSE IGNORANCE .'"  lmao, It stands alone-ahhh...classic. First :  Here you ALL go:  " Texans penalized 10 times for 129 yds.,Colts penalized 3 times for 25 yds. 9 out of 10 penalties on Houston occurred after Manning was intercepted at the start of the 2nd qtr when Houston was up by 14. Indy was not called for a single penalty for the last 20 minutes. 3 PI's total for 43,17,7 yds in the 2nd half on Houston ."  Yup... Cow's the winner of this Dolt lowlight thread (and in a way, the "loser" too).  Not at all simply because the Thread is populated and propounded largely by the senseless rants and rationale of Colt Fans.  Rather, By actually offering silly statisical data to these fans...more and more ridiculous emprical facts that have no adequate answer and therefore, of course, were Not answered...  And WHY should they be?  When meaningless, cyclically rhetorical questions reinforced with meek attempts of overblown wit can just as effortlessly suffice in place of valid and systematic detailed arguments and supportive counterpoints given back to you, Cow , Why THEN should a Colt Fan attempt such a intellectually daunting feat?  Silly, silly you and your lofty expectations... ~ awight...I'm out on dis one for now.  Peace to my homies in the gangsta lean, I'll see ya when I gets 'dhere.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

MOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : BS - I agree with you on the call this week, but not the call in the pats game.  The NFL said their was no way that 4th and 2 call could have been overturned and I agree. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Nah ,  not the 4th and 2 but the PI call on Butler. Now that was BS lol
    Can you call that a game changer ??? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

BLeg - I don't know.  If I remember correctly and maybe I don't, I get that one on Butler more than the one today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : root, if the discussion is only about the colts getting favorable calls then why the subject on: Manning in the playoffs or that you think I am stretching the truth re: my words regarding the overturning of the call or the comment on my sales ability or that you think I think the colts are bad?  Why all of this.  If you want my opinion on the questionable call this afternoon, all you have to do is read it.  Its right here on this thread.  By the way, I think the refs got the calls in the pats game right, but I still don't know why they didn't call holding on that welker return that set up a pats score, do you?
    Posted by underdoggg

The final spot on 4th and two was too close to call.  The Pats needed an generous spot and I didn't think they were going to get it. Agreed that it wouldn't be overturned on appeal. 

But the ridiculous 30+ yard PI call that set up the Colts next to last score, you think the refs got that one right?!!! (A key game changing call, given the situation and time left). You think the refs got that right?  Really?  I saw a receiver jump into a defender with position.  It wasn't even close.  That was a classic example of the refs "getting into it" the perceived momentum of a game for the benefit of the home team.  A very bad (at a minimum highly dubious) call at a critical time.  I really would like to hear the explanation from the Colts fan POV, apart from you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

In any event, would you as Colts fan be in favor of PI calls being reviewable?  Do you think Polian would?  (I'd bet the house he wouldn't) It is the hardest call for the refs to get right and they can be truly game changing.  It is almost like to getting a home run call wrong.  I will say that these things generally even out over the course of a season, but so far this year the Colts are way in the black.  And I personally prefer not to see borderline (at best) PI calls have a major impact on results.  I'm not saying it's fixed, or its a conspiracy, but I'd rather see a good team do it on the field, without questionable "help" from inept or intimidated officials.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : The final spot on 4th and two was too close to call.  The Pats needed an generous spot and I didn't think they were going to get it. Agreed that it wouldn't be overturned on appeal.  But the ridiculous 30+ yard PI call that set up the Colts next to last score, you think the refs got that one right?!!! (A key game changing call, given the situation and time left). You think the refs got that right?  Really?  I saw a receiver jump into a defender with position.  It wasn't even close.  That was a classic example of the refs "getting into it" the perceived momentum of a game for the benefit of the home team.  A very bad (at a minimum highly dubious) call at a critical time.  I really would like to hear the explanation from the Colts fan POV, apart from you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In any event, would you as Colts fan be in favor of PI calls being reviewable?  Do you think Polian would?  (I'd bet the house he wouldn't) It is the hardest call for the refs to get right and they can be truly game changing.  It is almost like to getting a home run call wrong.  I will say that these things generally even out over the course of a season, but so far this year the Colts are way in the black.  And I personally prefer not to see borderline (at best) PI calls have a major impact on results.  I'm not saying it's fixed, or its a conspiracy, but I'd rather see a good team do it on the field, without questionable "help" from inept or intimidated officials.
    Posted by Norger

Good post couldn't explain it any better.
    What is a defender supposed to do ? The ball is over the receiver, the defender has the right to catch that ball .  If that's PI then a defender must get out of the way, get on his knees and pray that the receiver doesn't catch the ball.
    I was merely comparing these two calls on this thread . I don't watch all the Colts games and some calls will go against them also. 
    What gets me is how the NFL officials keep on making these errors, HECK this is the sport with the most officials on the field !!!  YES I'M FOR REVIEWING THIS CALL !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LMAO !!!!!  4th and 5 Ravens,  they go for it and get it !!!  Not only do they get , THEY MORE AND MORE ....
    BB are you watching ?  (kidding of course)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swifttight. Show Swifttight's posts

Well, well, well....Why is everyone crying now, I started this whole thing about Colts being CHEATING FRAUDS and having the Refs on their side to aid them with Pass Inteference penalties. This was a few days before they played the Pats.

Some of you so called Pats fans, called me crazy, ridiculed my Post, belittle my knowledge of the football game, even had this Army boy threatening to shut down my access to post on here. Fast forward to today, look at this thread and its popularity. tons of replies, Pats fans are seeing the truth and can no longer hold back.

Do you guys believe me now, you bunch of FRAUDS, piece of sht non believers and you call yourselves fans of a team when you don't believe your own comrade of a fan. The problem with fellow Pats fans, you drink the wrong kool aid sometimes. I see some of the Topics you post on here and i can tell you right now, they're all bullsht, my posts are based on facts and makes sense.

Be on the look out for what I post next and study, PUNK BTCHES. with that said, let's spread the word on the FRAUDULENT COLTS. Get the word out on their cheating ways, hopefully the networks will finally look into it and start talking about it. Logg on to the sports websites with fan forums and keep repeating it so every other fans know and are aware. , eSPN, Sportsillustrated, yahoo sports, sporting news, all of them, hit up all the forums.

If they can talk about Tom Brady's calling for the refs to hit a thug like Sugg for a cheap shot then they should talk about the Indianapolis Colts getting 2 or 3 Pass inteference calls per game for all of their 11 games this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Norger, answered this before.  I am in favor of getting the calls right.  If that allows for PI challenge then ok, but then you open it up for offensive holding, on and on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Norger, answered this before.  I am in favor of getting the calls right.  If that allows for PI challenge then ok, but then you open it up for offensive holding, on and on.
    Posted by underdoggg

How about the PI call I mentioned?  Right or wrong, good call or bogus?

And there's a basic difference in kind between a 30+ yard offensive gift, particularly in the red zone  (PI in the end zone is practically a 6 point guarantee) and a typical holding call.  PI also seems to be a consistently tougher call for the refs to get right; the action is faster, the refs are running to get in position etc.  It seems like this is purely arbitrary call; the refs appear to get this right about half the time. And it's often game changing when they get it wrong. Holding, offsides, false starts, even unnecessary roughness usually don't impact the game anywhere near as much.  Something needs to be done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

I watched the Bills & Dolphins game & the DB had position while the WR ran in to him from behind 3 times. No flag because it wasn't in Indy.

The NFL rules can be so loosely interperted that the refs can do what ever they want & get away with it.

F*ck Goodell. He needs to be fired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

The ponies and the refs are good horsetraders..

and never look a gift horse in the mouth

the cheating refs WORSHIP the ponies

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"throughout the NFL I can almost guarantee Brady/Pats would be chosen as the ones given preferencial treatment more than any other player/team."

Yeah, and the majority of Americans also don't know the difference between the legislative and judicial branches of government. Perception and reality are not always the same. There are "homer" fans in any sports forum. Just because you can point to some in this forum doesn't make you or this forum special. Either post intelligently or get your trollish self out of here. 

Did you even watch the Colts/Pats game we are talking about here? If you did, you cannot honestly say that the Pats got the benefit of the calls in that game. The two most important calls, the 30 yard Butler pass interference call and the 4th and 2 call, certainly did not go the Pats way. And with Tony Dungy saying that the Colts got some beneficial calls against the Texans today, that's not just a Pats fan pointing this out. 

Having said that, I felt at the time the Colts deserved to win the game against the Pats and congratulated them afterwards. The only way to avoid the influence of a bad call or two is to kick a team's behind. If we're going to fumble and turn the ball over in the red zone twice, and then play "not to win" in the second half offensively, not to mention some horrible clock management towards the end of the game, we deserve to lose. The Colts played to win and they won. In fact it reminds me of the Super Bowl against the Giants. The Giants in my view played a better game that day and dominated the line of scrimmage and deserved to win. That doesn't change the fact that if Asante Samuel comes up with a pick that he made routinely that year, to cite just one example, the Pats win that game. Or, for that matter, if the refs call the "miracle play" dead because Eli is down in the pocket. But if you can't close a game out, you deserve to lose, and relying on the refs means you can't take care of business.

That's why I think the pass interference call is a particularly frustrating one across the NFL because it can have such a massive impact yardage wise. Something needs to change there, whether it's making the call reviewable, limiting the penalty to ten yards or some other adjustment. The Colts definitely have gotten many beneficial PI calls, but then again, they push the ball downfield to put themselves in that position, and given how the refs have been calling it, you can't argue with their strategy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I watched the game on Skyysport network (An English sports channel), and after hearing the CBS commentators look frantically for a way to call a PI, and fail, one of the Skyy guys said "We are used to seeing these kinds of calls in Indy, but I didn't know they get them on the road". Even the English know the Colts get sh!t calls! 

It's amazing when even the Manning lovers can't find a way to call a game in favor of him. AMAZING! 

I watched the game with a whole bunch of Colts' fans, and as soon as I saw that the Colts were down by 14 points I said "It's about to rain gold". The same call that got to Butler, they called again. I lost all respect I had for the Colts, the fans love Peyton Manning so much that they say Peyton Manning made Reggie Wayne, Clark and Marvin Harrison- all three were 1st rounder, BTW. They said Starvin' Marvin is a bad WR and if Manning didn't make him, why is he still a FA. I may hate Marvin-- like I hate LT--, but you have to respect the greats that played the game. Colts' fans can't even respect the greatest WR to ever don a Colts' uni. 

The Colts and their fans make me sick!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

In Response to DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?:
    If your watching the colts game do you think that long pass over the middle deserved a flag? Why do they always seem to get the call on good coverage even when the ball is not catchable? Your thoughts?
    Posted by csylvia79

Colts are lucky pricks! Cant wait for the Pats to kick thier sorry @sses in the playoffs!

Go Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan418. Show patsfan418's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : No.  I just don't apy as close attention as pats fans do.
    Posted by underdoggg

Colts fans don't have a reason to pay as close attention to the calls as other teams fans do since they most always benefit the Colts. Pats fans are just tired of seeing these calls consitantly favoring the colts when thet are down big. It has become so predictable not just in Pats games that it is hard to ignore. I also think that it is hypocritical for Colts fans to not aknowledge when their team benefits but if the pats were getting these eveyone would be screaming CHEATS! Another thing I would like to point out to all the colts fans that come on here bragging they know as well as we do that they were scared s***less during the pats game and a few others because the colts were not playing good at all and it took a few questionable calls to help them out, they can deny it all they want but they along with the entire colts team were both shocked and grateful that NE went on 4th and 2 and the refs blew the call and there was no challenge which might have given the pats the 1st down and ended the game. The Colts are not playing very good ball right now and they know it. Luck can only take you so far. I would rather be a fan of a team who is 7-3 and getting better each week than a team who is 11-0 and looking very vulnerable. Colts can have all the cheap calls I would rather win fair or lose fair.(at least I could sleep at night) when we win or LOSE because of the play on the field not because bad calls determined the outcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : The final spot on 4th and two was too close to call.  The Pats needed an generous spot and I didn't think they were going to get it. Agreed that it wouldn't be overturned on appeal.  But the ridiculous 30+ yard PI call that set up the Colts next to last score, you think the refs got that one right?!!! (A key game changing call, given the situation and time left). You think the refs got that right?  Really?  I saw a receiver jump into a defender with position.  It wasn't even close.  That was a classic example of the refs "getting into it" the perceived momentum of a game for the benefit of the home team.  A very bad (at a minimum highly dubious) call at a critical time.  I really would like to hear the explanation from the Colts fan POV, apart from you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In any event, would you as Colts fan be in favor of PI calls being reviewable?  Do you think Polian would?  (I'd bet the house he wouldn't) It is the hardest call for the refs to get right and they can be truly game changing.  It is almost like to getting a home run call wrong.  I will say that these things generally even out over the course of a season, but so far this year the Colts are way in the black.  And I personally prefer not to see borderline (at best) PI calls have a major impact on results.  I'm not saying it's fixed, or its a conspiracy, but I'd rather see a good team do it on the field, without questionable "help" from inept or intimidated officials.
    Posted by Norger

Norger - As I said, I could see that call against the pats more than the call against houston. 

You have to remember, these are game speed calls.  The benefit of seeing the play 100 times over the next week is not available.  I don't know what the ref saw.  What I saw was a player that looked like he was falling down and used his cb intelligence to turn around and make it look like he was making a play on the ball, which I don't think he was. 

In the Houston game, the ONLY thing that could be considered anywhere near PI is that the defender took the receivers right hand away impeding his progress.  Bad call nonetheless. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Root, you are the man!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Jules:  okay, for the sake of argument, let's assume Pats fans are biased and crazed conspiracy theorists (Oswalt wasn't alone, moon landing was faked, man will destroy the earth with fossil fuel emissions, the whole nine yards).  Now, if you saw the play, kindly explain to us what exactly warranted the flag.  The best cure for raving theorists is empirical data to the contrary - kindly enlighten the masses.
    Posted by simroy

I have a better idea.

Let's assume that you're an azzhole and just ignore you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : <sigh /> You have nothing. You never did. You don't even understand the game. You can't even spell Winnfield correctly. You are simply a tool. I noticed that you refuse to answer, once again, about your defense of the calls and just keep repeating the same old BS. When you get a clue, give us a call.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Enoch...of course Jules refuses to answer. One cannot defend the indefensible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : I have a better idea. Let's assume that you're an azzhole and just ignore you.
    Posted by unclealfie

Wow, that's pretty harsh.  In reading some of your posts, you're obviously a Pats fan as I am.  Ergo, if you read the posts especially the one I was responding to, I don't know why mine upset you so much.  I was merely responding to a snarky Colts fan who defended a BS pi call in the Colts-Texans game, even though he didn't see it, by claiming us Pats fans were just whiny conspiracy theorists.  Given his attitude, submitted a sarcastic question.  Then, I see you're response to my sarcasism - calling me an a-hole.  As we're both Pats fans, I can only guess that perhaps you responded to the wrong post (I've done that myself), or you didn't understand my sarcastic post.

But on the chance that my assumption is wrong, answer me this:  you say "let's assume you're an a-hole...."  How nice of you to speak for all by using "let's" as if you're speaking for a group of folks - funny, no other poster thought that way.  You also invoke the urge to ignore - my question - why didn't you?  If my post upset you that much, why did you feel the need to even respond by name calling?  Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion - if you think I'm an A-hole, rock on - it's your right.  Forgive me if the feeling's mutual.  Have a great day.  GO PATS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyitsmejosh. Show heyitsmejosh's posts

you know fans should just own up to when their team gets a gift, im the first to admit if the pats get a no call or a gift call. You can not honestly look at all the PI calls and say they were legit.

Sections
Shortcuts