DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?

Texans penalized 10 times for 129 yds.,Colts penalized 3 times for 25 yds. 9 out of 10 penalties on Houston occurred after Manning was intercepted at the start of the 2nd qtr when Houston was up by 14. Indy was not called for a single penalty for the last 20 minutes. 3 PI's total for 43,17,7 yds in the 2nd half on Houston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Matt Schaub is a bum, to reiterate; he has never won an important game in his life. The odd aspect of this game was that it was a virtual certainty that the Colts would come back and Schaub would tank. The referees might have altered the balance slightly, but not enough to make Schaub anything more than a good fantasy QB.

The issue I have is that, in the current NFL, there is no incidental contact and any touch PI (against the defender or the receiver) is being called. This is why I constantly say that being a DB in the NFL is the toughest job because your timing on PDs, INTs etc....has to be perfect or you will be flagged. If the PI call on the Manning-Garcon play is any indication, you can't cut a receiver off his route even if you are faster than him and get closer to the spot where the ball is thrown and then slow down to prevent (and I use this term loosely) catch. The only alternative is to hit the receiver on sideline routes to knock him out of bounds before the catch or jam him at the line and knock the timing off. That and great pass rush.

Clarification is not necessary, unless the rule is not equally applied. We hear phrases like create seperation, shielding the ball etc....they all imply some physical contact from the WR. The NFL wants a pass happy league and short of legislating tackling (think woman's field hockey) out of the game that is exactly what continues to remain prevalent in the current NFL.

Night Train Lane must be surfeit(in Heaven or Polian Hell) in the knowledge that his records will never be broken because of the way the current rules are enforced.

My solution is to continue to play physical and hurt your opponent. Legally. Or illegally....when the game is not on the line....for instance.

http://www.trunkbunker.com/dicklane2.jpg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Translated for the real NFL, they are 8.5-2.5. Why do I keep picturing you in a huge WHAM!-like t-shirt that says "CHOOSE IGNORANCE" on it?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Translated for the real world they are 11-0.  Who in H E L L gives a team a "real" record with a half win and a half loss? 

don't answer that Root, I already know. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Not for long. Evenually, playing so badly in the first half is going to result in a deficit too large for them to overcome. One team will end up being able to play for the entire game and overcome the bs penalties. Oh, and it looks like the Chargers have a good shot at making the playoffs again.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Agreed Magical - The colts are very very very fortunate to have the record they have given their first half failures.  Their second half is spectacular, but 30 minutes of football is a ticket straight out of the playoff ASAP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

And I agree too.  You can't consistently spot teams double digit leads and expect to come back (especially in the playoffs).  Hopefully the Colts will start playing well for 60 minutes, rather than just the last 30 minutes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

underdoggg,  this is a Pats board,  what did you expect ?  Todays call was BS and so was the one against the Pats. 
    Do I give the benefit of the doubt to the officials that they're calling the same game both ways ?  Sorry I cannot and I'm being very objective.
    Keep in mind I'm talking about this game today and the Pats-Colts game a few weeks ago.
    Like you said earlier every team gets calls their way and this includes the Pats.
    Indy just seems to get too many besides being a good team.
    Cheers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Awesome. Only someone from Indiana would consider that "sparring". You need to bring something to the table beyond denial and ignorance. I am happy that you finally figured out how to access the Internet from, umm, the Internet. I am sure that tomorrow you will beat your own record for tying your loafers.
    Root (Barney Fife) - you are an idiot.  Your team can't beat the colts so you attack their fans.  What a putz.  While I am happy for you that you feel like you have accomplished something today (everyone needs something to be proud of) are you really going to use this for that?  

Pity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Matt Schaub is a bum, to reiterate; he has never won an important game in his life. The odd aspect of this game was that it was a virtual certainty that the Colts would come back and Schaub would tank. The referees might have altered the balance slightly, but not enough to make Schaub anything more than a good fantasy QB. The issue I have is that, in the current NFL, there is no incidental contact and any touch PI (against the defender or the receiver) is being called. This is why I constantly say that being a DB in the NFL is the toughest job because your timing on PDs, INTs etc....has to be perfect or you will be flagged. If the PI call on the Manning-Garcon play is any indication, you can't cut a receiver off his route even if you are faster than him and get closer to the spot where the ball is thrown and then slow down to prevent (and I use this term loosely) catch. The only alternative is to hit the receiver on sideline routes to knock him out of bounds before the catch or jam him at the line and knock the timing off. That and great pass rush. Clarification is not necessary, unless the rule is not equally applied. We hear phrases like create seperation, shielding the ball etc....they all imply some physical contact from the WR. The NFL wants a pass happy league and short of legislating tackling (think woman's field hockey) out of the game that is exactly what continues to remain prevalent in the current NFL. Night Train Lane must be surfeit(in Heaven or Polian Hell) in the knowledge that his records will never be broken because of the way the current rules are enforced. My solution is to continue to play physical and hurt your opponent. Legally. Or illegally....when the game is not on the line....for instance. http://www.trunkbunker.com/dicklane2.jpg
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Incidental contact is actually written into the rule. Why do you keep saying it isn't?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Yes momentum is a huge thing especially when the beneficiary doesn't turn it into points.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

but they did score on the drive on that questionable PI call !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Except if the call resulted in no points, I can't really call it game changing.  What good has it done if nothing comes of it?

What are you talking about?The two PI's called on the first drive of the 2nd half for 43 yds. and 7 yds. resulted in a TD.They gave the Colts the ball on Houston's 19 then on the 1 yard line.That pretty much changes the game.Then the 3rd PI gave the Colts the ball on Houston's 18  which was followed by another TD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Root (Barney Fife) - you are an idiot.  Your team can't beat the colts so you attack their fans.  What a putz.  While I am happy for you that you feel like you have accomplished something today (everyone needs something to be proud of) are you really going to use this for that?   Pity.

Oh, poor widdle underdoggg. You couldn't prove your point before so you are going to try and stick up for the hapless JW. 

So, how do you feel about Dungy saying that the Colts got a huge hand fromt he refs today with the bad calls? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : What are you talking about?The two PI's called on the first drive of the 2nd half for 43 yds. and 7 yds. resulted in a TD.They gave the Colts the ball on Houston's 19 then on the 1 yard line.That pretty much changes the game.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

ud and jw have their own version of events. They do not jibe with anything remotely accurate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

In Response to DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL?:
    [QUOTE]If your watching the colts game do you think that long pass over the middle deserved a flag? Why do they always seem to get the call on good coverage even when the ball is not catchable? Your thoughts?
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]
    I guess Football is all fixed!!!!!   dam
    Lets stop watching!!!!!!
    Go Saints!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Getting these calls isn't luck. When the refs deliberately ignore the actual rule (against the Ravens last week - a ball intentionally fumbled forward isa forward pass) or they just make it up (AFCCG 2006 - Face Guarding?), you can't attribute it to luck.

Take your point to its final conclusion Root.  What are you really trying to say?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : I'm glad you had to go back 3 years for the last call we got against the Colts. By the way I"m happy to see my team win By getting calls that we don't deserve or earn. I just like winning. Are you admitting now that the refs are skrewing everyone the Colts play this year?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    No.  I just don't apy as close attention as pats fans do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]This was also one of the reason why i kinda supported BB's call  especially after the PI that went against Darius Butler in that game.. All these 30yd , 40 yd gift kill everything in d game...The texans completely lost it after that call..although they should not use that as an excuse..they simply choked
    Posted by patsfanNH[/QUOTE]

If they should not, you should not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]underdoggg - ESPN, Sunday Night Football and NFL POSTGAME SHOW all say it was a bad call. For once COLTs fans have no leg to stand on. OH well its still a win but hopefully the NFL will start telling refs to make sure they see the penalty not what they think happened.
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

I did too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Yes, here is to "those who don't possess no ability to be objective"! Let's raise a toast to the refs of the Colts games for all they have done, and all they will do!

If that is the case, lets raise a glass to more of it - all of the way to the SUPER BOWL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : If they should not, you should not.

ud,

You have nothing. Your own ex-coach sold out your team. You haven't said anything about that yet. Why is that? 

The only thing you have left is a chip on your shoulder and a streak of denial wider than coltbabe's waistline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]underdoggg say (LOL - Let me start with the 06 AFCCG.  Would you like me to go through the many calls the colts did not get.  Complain as you will.  All teams get calls. ) You mean the game the NFL apologized to the patriots for calling a bogus PI call on Ellis Hobbs? Gift wrapping a trip to the super bowl.
    Posted by condog24[/QUOTE]

Yes go through them all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : If that is the case, lets raise a glass to more of it - all of the way to the SUPER BOWL.

Oh, you forgot. Manning and the playoffs don't mix.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE] Texans penalized 10 times for 129 yds.,Colts penalized 3 times for 25 yds. 9 out of 10 penalties on Houston occurred after Manning was intercepted at the start of the 2nd qtr when Houston was up by 14. Indy was not called for a single penalty for the last 20 minutes. 3 PI's total for 43,17,7 yds in the 2nd half on Houston.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

Did you see the other 2 PI's?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Matt Schaub is a bum, to reiterate; he has never won an important game in his life. The odd aspect of this game was that it was a virtual certainty that the Colts would come back and Schaub would tank. The referees might have altered the balance slightly, but not enough to make Schaub anything more than a good fantasy QB. The issue I have is that, in the current NFL, there is no incidental contact and any touch PI (against the defender or the receiver) is being called. This is why I constantly say that being a DB in the NFL is the toughest job because your timing on PDs, INTs etc....has to be perfect or you will be flagged. If the PI call on the Manning-Garcon play is any indication, you can't cut a receiver off his route even if you are faster than him and get closer to the spot where the ball is thrown and then slow down to prevent (and I use this term loosely) catch. The only alternative is to hit the receiver on sideline routes to knock him out of bounds before the catch or jam him at the line and knock the timing off. That and great pass rush. Clarification is not necessary, unless the rule is not equally applied. We hear phrases like create seperation, shielding the ball etc....they all imply some physical contact from the WR. The NFL wants a pass happy league and short of legislating tackling (think woman's field hockey) out of the game that is exactly what continues to remain prevalent in the current NFL. Night Train Lane must be surfeit(in Heaven or Polian Hell) in the knowledge that his records will never be broken because of the way the current rules are enforced. My solution is to continue to play physical and hurt your opponent. Legally. Or illegally....when the game is not on the line....for instance. http://www.trunkbunker.com/dicklane2.jpg
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Hannah - all good points.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DO THE COLTS EVER NOT GET A CALL? : Root (Barney Fife) - you are an idiot.  Your team can't beat the colts so you attack their fans.  What a putz.  While I am happy for you that you feel like you have accomplished something today (everyone needs something to be proud of) are you really going to use this for that?   Pity.

Yeah, Doggg.  I try not to call people things like "idiot", etc. on these boards.  After all, we can still be civil to each other even though we root for different teams.  But Enoch certainly pushes my strategy, as he's never said anything even vaguely intelligent.  Today he came up with the best point he's ever had, which is that my screen name is not spelled the same as the character in Pulp Fiction.  I take it as a compliment - after intensive fact checking, that's the best he could find!  In summary: Root's a moron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]underdoggg,  this is a Pats board,  what did you expect ?  Todays call was BS and so was the one against the Pats.  Do I give the benefit of the doubt to the officials that they're calling the same game both ways ?  Sorry I cannot and I'm being very objective. Keep in mind I'm talking about this game today and the Pats-Colts game a few weeks ago. Like you said earlier every team gets calls their way and this includes the Pats. Indy just seems to get too many besides being a good team. Cheers!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BS - I agree with you on the call this week, but not the call in the pats game.  The NFL said their was no way that 4th and 2 call could have been overturned and I agree.