Do the Falcons really have a chance over the 49'ers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do the Falcons really have a chance over the 49'ers?

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Re: Do the Falcons really have a chance over the 49'ers?

Of course they have a chance.  They have big physical receivers and Gonzalez is an all pro TE.  They can ill afford to have turnovers, and they will have to contain Kapernick.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Do it for Tony Falcons!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

They have a puncher's chance, yes. They need to bring their A+ game, while the 9ers bring their B or C game.

And, as Brazilnut said, the absolutely have to create turnovers and not make same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sd071. Show sd071's posts

They're at home, and Matt Ryan has less pressure on him now after winning a playoff game, so he should play looser.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course they have a chance.  They have big physical receivers and Gonzalez is an all pro TE.  They can ill afford to have turnovers, and they will have to contain Kapernick.  

[/QUOTE]

I hope that will be enough but I really don't think they can contain Kaepernick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have a puncher's chance, yes. They need to bring their A+ game, while the 9ers bring their B or C game.

And, as Brazilnut said, the absolutely have to create turnovers and not make same.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

ATL blew out NYG while NYG blew out SF

SF was also absolutely destroyed by the Seahawks.

Falcons need to close better though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the Pats better root for the Falcons !!!

Pats could have a major challenge facing the Haubaugh Brothers, John next week, and younger brother Jim in the SB. Would have been the  machup last year had 49ers not made 2 bonehead fumbles letting the dredded 9-7 Giants knock them out & then beat the Pats for 2nd time in 3 years. Glad NY didn't make it this year at 9-7 ! I believe Pats would  have beaten Alex Smith's 49ers last year but with mobile Kaepernick this year, it will be tougher. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

in a word, YES

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Yes

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

i ay yes

its whether their coach plays too conservative and doesnt give them a chance

with white, jones and gonzalezz, along with a couple backs, you alwasy have a chance

that is why i wanted seattle coming out of nfc.

and seattle should have won but for coaching errors in first half

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Pats could have a major challenge facing the Haubaugh Brothers, John next week, and younger brother Jim in the SB. Would have been the  machup last year had 49ers not made 2 bonehead fumbles letting the dredded 9-7 Giants knock them out & then beat the Pats for 2nd time in 3 years. Glad NY didn't make it this year at 9-7 ! I believe Pats would  have beaten Alex Smith's 49ers last year but with mobile Kaepernick this year, it will be tougher. 

[/QUOTE]

a lot tougher., i want atlanta over sf, wanted seattle over both

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

good thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Playing at home...absolutely they have a chance...They played a very tough opponent in the Seahawks and brought the wood...SF is also a physical team with a very similar offense and defense To the Seahawks...Should be a good game...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't know. But I like our chances a lot against either of them once we dismantle the ratbirds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm thinking no!

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a lot tougher., i want atlanta over sf, wanted seattle over both

[/QUOTE]

they would have beaten the Giants if Welker doesn't drop the ball. if I could, woulda.... End of the day we're one of four teams with a chip and a chair any of the remaining teams can beat the others on any given Sunday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I don't see the Falcons winning that game.  I think we're going to have ANOTHER rematch on our hands -- 3 in a row, hopefully.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Contain KAp/ and they have a good chance. If Kap. runs for 100+, no chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I would like to see the Falcons win, but they would have to play better than they did yesterday.  SF looked like the best team in the NFL this weekend and a very scary team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

hopefully the 49ers dont travel to well. They were 5-3 on the road this year. Below is an excerpt from todays article in the Sacamento Bee that brings up a couple good points.

"To reach the Super Bowl this year, the 49ers will have to accomplish something they haven't done since Bill Walsh roamed the sideline and Joe Montana threw passes to Jerry Rice – win a playoff game on an opponent's field."

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/14/5112403/49ers-must-end-playoff-road-woes.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Falcons are coke artists, so I wouldn't be surprised if they lose. 

But the Pats match up better against the Falcons. No one on that team can cover Wes, Hern or even Lloyd. Ridley and Bolden would run all over them. They have too small a defense to match up against us, and here's where we miss Gronk a lot, but we would beat them handedly. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Facing Wilson yesterday was probably good for the Falcons. Wilson and Kapernick are the best running QBs now, and they did an OK job containing Wilson. Should give them some confidence facing the Niners, They also did a solid job on Lynch. Atlanta was dominating the game yesterday, they had them down 20-0 and 27-7. If Ryan didn't throw that bad pick at 27-14, that game was close to being over much earlier. Shows how important one turnover can be in a game, that pick gave Seattle a chance. If Atlanta comes out as strong next week, they have a good shot.

Sections
Shortcuts