DO THE LIONS NEED TO TRADE SUH AFTER THE SEASON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

DO THE LIONS NEED TO TRADE SUH AFTER THE SEASON?

I know, it sounds crazy. He's one of the best defensive players in the game. But I'm not sure you can win with a guy like this on your team. I'd be willing to bet he's a big part of the reason that team has such an attitude issue. Not to mention the constant stupid penalties he takes. Because he just can't help himself. At a certain point, the positives outweigh the negatives.

What's more disturbing is the player's obvious mental illness His explanation of the ejection was disturbing. He has very little impulse control- leading to violence. And he is quite delusional. In short, he is a ticking time bomb. The Lions are carrying around a lit stick of dynamite and hoping it doesn't blow up in their face. For what? Why wait until he further digraces the organization by raping a girl. or takes himself off the team with a murder/suicide. After yesterday, I am convinced that this guy is capable of anything.

The Lions need to find some moron like Dan Snyder and fleece him for a bunch of draft picks. They are building a solid team in Detroit. But it's also in serious need of an atitude adjustment. Kill two birds with one stone. Let Suh blow up in someone else's face.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: DO THE LIONS NEED TO TRADE SUH AFTER THE SEASON?

Honestly, I'd fire Jim Schwartz first.  After the Harbaugh incident, I think he's a punk too . . . I'd bring in another coach and see if the new guy can control the players better.  Then I'd make up my mind on what to do with Suh.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't think I'd categorize Suh with someone like Haynesworth who is beyond help. The guy just needs a little discipline and anger management on the field.
    However, if they are looking to trade him sign me up as a proponent for bringing him to the Pats but he'll given a lot more slack with the way he can play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Dude needs some serious counseling and a suspension for the rest of the season. That will wake him up.

I don't care how good you are. if you can't be a decent human being first, you don't deserbe t be on the field.

Suh needs to learn some humility, and probably go to Tebow's sunday school classes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

IDK what to think about that guy. Its dissapointing that he doesnt see anything wrong with his play.

He plays on the edge and that was bad enough.  What he did yesterday was ....I dont even have words for it. He tried to stomp the guy, even tho' he missed most of him, if the player wasnt pulling him back, it could have been worse.

He said he was trying to get up!?!?  He had the other players head down like a wrestling move and then tried to clean his cleats with dudes jersey.

He should have to go physic evaluation and if he isnt fit to function, he shouldnt be allowed to make millions just because he is a big, athletic guy that likes to hit people. He just came from meeting w/ the commish, so this doesnt look good. He needs to take anger managment or be put out the league. He cant take getting blocked by someone and loses control. Cant have that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The thing I didn't like was the way he was driving the guys head to the turf a few times before he stomped on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

It's not even the play that bothers me. Yes it's disgusting. But there are plenty of players in this league, Like Harrison from Pittsburg that are just dirty. And even scumbags like his teammate Rothlisburger that are raping young girls.

And there is a certain level of insanity required for you to be capable of raping someone. But Suh is completely living in another reality.

For him to honestly believe he did nothing wrong and that there is some sort of conspiracy against him makes it obvious to me that he has serious issues with reality/ sanity.

I doubt this guy has any limits. He doesn't have to. In his mind, nothing he does is ever wrong. People like that scare me.

If the Lions are smart, they will get rid of him while his stock is still high. And maybe even the head coach- this team is obviously lacking discipline. The problem is, that franchise has developed a loser mentality. So they aren't going to shake things up after a 10-6 or 11-5 season. Even thought they should.

And to the Pats fan who would take Suh. Are you serious? When do we stop it with this nonsense? Belichick took two players that had a bad reputation and got a couple of productive years out of them. I'm convinced, at this point, Dillon was a bad guy. Moss was just a bit of a diva and a bit misunderstood.

In both cases the players reverted back to what they were before their time was up here. Can we please stop acting like Bill  is the Football Player Whisperer. He doesn't have some sort of magic wand. There isn't some sort of pill he can give to Suh to cure his insanity.

Ever hear the term white knuckle drunk? It's when an alcoholic stops drinking cold turkey. Just because they aren't drinking doesn't mean they are sober.

Guys can suppress their personality, to a point, for a certain period of time. But eventually they start being themselves again. Bill can't change players anymore than anyone else can.

Can we please stop pretending Bill has a magical ability to turn losers into winners?  Please?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I certainly wouldn't want him. I'm not all that concerned when BB brings in a guy with a bad past but Suh seems like he has problems bigger than a bad temper. With Haynesworth, or any player really who does something dirty, (punches, kicks, fights) you can at least understand on some level what it's like to lose your temper momentarily. And up until Suh's ridiculous press conference that's all I figured it was- and a couple game suspension seemed just fine. Then he comes in and thinks we will buy his baloney story about trying to get away, and worse- he appears to believe it himself. He is delusional, and I really can't see a way for a coach to get him to help his team. He's probably been that way for awhile but he showcased it to the whole world yesterday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Like Prime said, this dude shouldnt ever be allowed in front of a mic again.  He should have a support system and people to keep him from making those kind of idiotic statements.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bring him in, he needs some veteran leadership. He's the 'veteran' in Detroit and he wants to make a statement about the Detroit Lions. In New England he'd be JAG. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Probably too much HGH but if you think the Lions are going to trade him you're crazy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

they wont and the NFL will slap him on the wrist hes already waaaay overrated he dosen tplay the run and has 3 sacks as a pass rusher this year hes mediocre former pat Richard Seymour is doing waay better. The scheme they play in is also a lot of single gap so dont tell me that either good player people r thinking is the second coming. NFL loves idk y bad situation

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He has also publicly proclaimed on numerous occasions that he hates Tom Brady and wants "to kill him".  Has also stated that he doesn't like BB or this program.  (Come to think of it, didn't he call BB a cheater?) 

He won't be wearing a Pats uni anytime soon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No way the Lions trade this guy.  He's young, he's talented, he just has to grow up a bit which I'm pretty sure he will get his emotions under control as time goes on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Heck no..... he'll be a different player next year.  

He'll think long and hard about this one. 

He's young and growing.  I'd deal with his shyt if I was HC, GM, or owner.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I don't think the Lions will trade him. But I think they should. This is assuming they can get a few draft picks for him- get a deal that makes the team better. And I think there is at least one team out there that is dumb enough to do it.There always is. Look at the Carson Palmer deal.

And as far as him needing to grow up? Come on, man! This is a sanity issue, NOT a  maturity problem. As punishment for having the nerve to block him, he took a guy's head and slammed it into the ground at least three times. Even knowing what we know about concussions in 2011. Clearly he was trying to hurt him. Then, as if that wasn't enough, he got up and stomped on the guy twice. This was all caught on camera.

Now here's the important part: He gets in front of a mic and has the nerve/delusion to play the victim. He honestly thinks he did nothing wrong and that everybody is out to get him.

Maybe he is immature. I don't know. What is clear to me is that this guy is clearly sick. That's not something he will grow out of. He needs help. Therapy and medication. I would be shocked if he gets either. 99% of the people with the kind of money he has are surrounded by only enablers.

If Goodell has an ounce of integrity (The same guy that fined Gronk for a harmless spike) he will suspend Suh for at least the rest of the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

"And to the Pats fan who would take Suh. Are you serious? When do we stop it with this nonsense? Belichick took two players that had a bad reputation and got a couple of productive years out of them. I'm convinced, at this point, Dillon was a bad guy. Moss was just a bit of a diva and a bit misunderstood."

Of course I'd take Suh. Newsflash, every team in the league would take him (and there's no way in hades Detroit trades him, it's a foolish premise). Have no problem with taking on these guys, even Haynesworth. It was basically a no-risk deal. Didn't work out, so what? They gave up a 5th rounder that probably wouldn't have made the team anyway. 

Dillon and Moss were home runs, Ocho looks like a stiff. Win some, lose some.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I guarantee you Kraft and Belichick wouldn't touch Suh with a ten foot pole. Nevermind the character issue. And forget the fact that the guy is a ticking time bomb. Belichick has no use for undisciplined players. He isn't going to sign someone that commits as many stupid penalties as Suh does. No way. The guy is an idiot.

I'll never understand the fans that have no problem with having punks on their team. Every time I see Joe Corvo in a Bruins uniform I want to vomit. Why Edleman is still here is beyond me. I'm guesing if Myra Kraft were still here he would have been gone weeks ago.

There are things in this world that are far more important than sports. I understand that there are many fans that don't get that. But these owners have a business image, a brand, to protect.

When this guy goes off and does something far worse than try to injure a fellow player, most owners don't want that to happen on their dime. Detroit has a chance to pass off the stick of dynamite before it blows up in their face. Doesn't seem all that foolish to me.

I'm betting if Casey Anthoiny of Bin Laden could play football there are Pats fans that would want to sign them. To each their own I guess

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

df2: I agree with you when it comes to assaulting women or kids, but unless I missed it, I don't know that Suh has done any such thing. I don't think losing your temper on a football field is the equivalent of assaulting a woman or doing what the LSU QB Jefferson did, for example.  But that's just my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think the '78 Raiders might take him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

absolutely.. sure bb and the other 31 teams will be all over him! he's young, this is a manageable maturity situation! needs a coach that holds him accountable not just encourage his petulance!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think Lions fans are enjoying it.  Finally, they got a team with a bad attitude, that can somewhat back it up.  I would be all for it, if I was one of them.  I'm not, though, so they just seem like a bunch of punks to me.  BUT if I was a looooooooooooonnnng suffering Lions fan, I would be totally o.k. with it.

Sections
Shortcuts