Do the Pats have a super bowl defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Do the Pats have a super bowl defense?

I've heard it said "the whole is greater than the sun of it's parts" this quote strongly applies to this D, the young, raw talent is there, it remains to see how they gel as a whole.  I am worried about the D and agree it may not be our year, but I want to see how this D gels before writing them off.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

Time will tell.  If Buffalo scores 31 points, the Patriors don't have

a Super Bowl defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I know there is no other team whose 2011 first round pick I'd rather have than the Raiders.

But I do think BB might wish we had back one of the 3rd rounders we traded. We now have a glut of future picks.

What I wouldn't give to have Michael Johnson or Lawrence Sidbury on the roster right now.

If Thomas or Mayo go down, we are screwed, even with a 4-3 base.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchaeferBleachers. Show SchaeferBleachers's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Pats have a super bowl defense?:
    Time will tell.  If Buffalo scores 31 points, the Patriors don't have a Super Bowl defense.
    Posted by JimKe

Buffalo scored 31 a few years ago in the opener and that year turned out fine. The opener is not the key. This year's defense will take several games (and maybe a year or two) to gel and may end up being decent, but it doesn't have the look of dominance at all. The O may be able to carry the D, but that's not a great formula.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

MVPkilla, come on man. You sound like a very smart sports fan. You have to understand that Teddy, Vrable and Rodney were all getting older. You had to notice, as I did. That the three of those guys stopped making big, game changing plays we were all so use to seeing. Right? Maybe, Rodney had one more year left but, in my opinion, Bru and Vrabel were done. Don't get me wrong, please! I love tose guys for everything they did for the team but, this team, in order to stay competitive needs to keep turning over talent.

Now, about the lack of leadership on D. I'm gonna toss a few names at you. Wilfork, Mayo, Warren, Thomas. Come on man! These guys are awesome football players! It's their turn now!

Seymour, in my opinion, was a BIG SULKING BABY! I have had many people who know what they're talking about tell me that Seymour wanted an extention. He wasn't getting one (at least at the HUGE price he wanted one) and this was going to be his final season here. The team is playing way more 4-3 this season. Seymours , plays were going to be reduced greatly. Am I going to say that this team is better on D without him? NO WAY IN HECK! Seymour was a gamw changer when he wanted to be. However, it would've been a crime for the team to NOT have taken a 1st rounder for a guy who was going to walk at the end of the season. 

I hope to God that by November this team hits it's stride and pastes PITT in another AFC title game and goes on to win another SB!!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts