Do the pats make at least one big splash either by trade or in the free agency?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: Do the pats make at least one big splash either by trade or in the free agency?

I could see Maroney getting traded to Washington for a 3rd round pick.  I remember Shanahan was very high on Maroney back during the '06 draft, and many mocks had him going to Denver.  Portis is approaching that age where RBs start to decline and break down, which he has done the past couple years.  Washington cut ties with Rock Cartwright and Ladell Betts yesterday.  They also have 2 3rd round picks I believe. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Do the pats make at least one big splash either by trade or in the free agency?

wilfork,and banta cain so far.well we already had wilfork.still need a pass rusher,maybe kampman,and in need of a good receiver.why is shawn springs still on board?at least with the pats makeing wilfork the second highest paid NT,it will let other players see the pats could dish out the money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Kampman,or will witherspoon could help the team out.im not sure about jason taylor.he has to be running on life support by now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Kampman is ehh but statistically he's better than what we have excluding TBC. Shame to say but thats not saying much.

Kampman seems to be the best/only option though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the pats need to go after and sign dumerville,or spears from the cowboys,and give up the compensation.for a serious pass rusher is needed.its great to bring back some of the old players,but they havent solved there needs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

On 98.5 they were talking about LB Scott Fujita.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I found this on the web.

Fujita, 6-5 and 250 pounds, was a mainstay on the Saints defense that rode quarterback Drew Brees to an unexpected Super Bowl championship in 2009.

Fujita, 30, orginally was a fifth-round draft choice of Kansas City in 2002. He signed with Dallas in 2005, and then followed coach Sean Payton to New Orleans in 2006.

He played strongside outside linebacker in New Orleans' 4-3 scheme. In the Browns' 3-4, Fujita may be moved inside. He's a smart player with eight years' experience and made the calls on the field for the Saints' defense.

He's visiting with the Browns. link

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

They got task #1 out of the way, and now that Wilfork is signed up expect a lot of under the radar and middle tier talent to come this way.  I personally hope they can lock up Brady and Bodden too in the near future.

Would it be the worst think in the world if the Pats add a lot of depth guys and and draft picks to build a team like the 2001 squad?  I think they need to get back to being a group of team guys rather than collecting star players. 

Sections
Shortcuts