do the pats make the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

do the pats make the playoffs?

with the steelers loss.it has given the jets,dolphins,jags,ravens,and maybe the titans that much more of a shot at the playoffs,and that much more pressure on the pats.and bruschi thinks the jets,and dolphins are better then the pats at this time.which means the division lead may not be safe.the pats have two road games left,and there road record isnt good.plus they play the playoff possible in the jags.not that i dont think they have the talent to make it,but that they are dealing with a lot of issues from within,and it shows on the feild come game time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/7578/bruschi-fins-jets-better-than-pats-now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: do the pats make the playoffs?

we will know after this sunday....if they lose to Carolina they are done, but if they win its possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Did Bruschi say that? What's he know. Mosse I have concerns about the two remaining road games. Buffalo will give us the game of their lives and would love to knock us off. The Texans give us match up problems on defense, and now with the Steelers loss the Jags have new life and will being gunning for a playoff spot.
    I say yes we make it but I think we back in with the 'Fins and Jets losing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

moss, flipside is maybe the pitt loss also gives the pats a tad more breathing room as well. regardless they gotta handle their business. the texans on the road might not end up a cakewalk with our horrid secondary either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

yes, then, lose in round 1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: do the pats make the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]yes, then, lose in round 1
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

remind us again how many SBs the bolts have won, in the last...uh, well... ever? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm afraid that jbolted is almost right.

I think that the Pats will make it, host a game which they will win then lose the next game on the road. I don't think that the defense can stop a playoff caliber team on the road. They haven't done it yet this season.
    We'll see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I think they can make the playoffs if they can win out or if either the Jets or Miami lose one of their remaining games. Our toughest matchup will be with the Jags btu if we can beat them and win out then who knows what will happen in the playoffs. In a perfect world the Patriots would get another shot at the Broncos, Colts, and the Saints in the Superbowl...that would be awesome!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I think they can make the playoffs if they can win out or if either the Jets or Miami lose one of their remaining games. Our toughest matchup will be with the Jags btu if we can beat them and win out then who knows what will happen in the playoffs. In a perfect world the Patriots would get another shot at the Broncos, Colts, and the Saints in the Superbowl...that would be awesome!
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

Against the saints in the superbowl? Do you remember the embarrassment in 1986 against the bears? I can do without seeing another 56-10 beatdown like that.

I just cannot see them in the SB but would love to see the broncos have to play in foxboro. If the pats win the afc east, i believe one of the wildcard teams would have to come here to play in round one. I think they could win that one, and who knows in the second round?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]yes, then, lose in round 1
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

STFU

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]we will know after this sunday....if they lose to Carolina they are done, but if they win its possible.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE] whats really bad is,brady is listed as questionable.I dont think i ever seen him listed as questionable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All season long, the fan base kept saying.. "yes, yes, yes".. to the fact the Pats are good, Brady is back, the defense is looking good etc...  Going into the 4 game stretch, Colts, Jets, Saints and Phins, there was very much a consensus here the Pats would get through this stretch at least 3 - 1, instead it turned out to be 1 - 3!  In each game, even in the Jets win, the Pats just didn't seem to maintain their level of play in the second half of each game.  So, what are we to think?  Why such a let down?  The personel is the same, they didn't put the scrubs in, so why the Jekyll & Hyde routine every game?  Many here even noticed a change in play calling, going from aggressive, go get 'em in the first half to ??? in the second!! You can say the other team made better adjustments, but, the Pats didn't do anything to make the other team make the adjustments. In fact, the Pats made adjustments to play WORSE!!  So, will they make the playoffs?  In all probability, yes.  But, there we go again saying.. yes, yes, yes...  to what we think this team can do.  Anyone have fingernails left?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I think they can make the playoffs if they can win out or if either the Jets or Miami lose one of their remaining games. Our toughest matchup will be with the Jags btu if we can beat them and win out then who knows what will happen in the playoffs. In a perfect world the Patriots would get another shot at the Broncos, Colts, and the Saints in the Superbowl...that would be awesome!
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

You think they can make it if they win out?

I am not sure... They only have a one game lead in the division and if they win out and the Jets and Dolphins win out, they will still only have a one game lead...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I could see (but wouldn't bet on) the Pats making the Playoffs and even hitting an offensive run that sends them to the Superbowl. I don't see them containing Brees or Jared Allen if the time comes though. Don't want to face the Vikes or Saints.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

If the Pats make the playoffs, they don't last long.
    We are at the tail end of this run, like the Dolphins in the late 1970s, the Steelers in the 1980s, the recent 49ers vintages..... BB will not be the guy to resurrect what he was unable to keep propped up forever. This year may be a last hurrah for playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]  In each game, even in the Jets win, the Pats just didn't seem to maintain their level of play in the second half of each game.  So, what are we to think?  Why such a let down?  The personel is the same, they didn't put the scrubs in, so why the Jekyll & Hyde routine every game?  Many here even noticed a change in play calling, going from aggressive, go get 'em in the first half to ??? in the second!! Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

You're exactly right there.

BB used to be the master of halftime adjustments, now there's nothing. He just stands there with a dazed look on his face as we get demolished in the second half.

Same with the D. BB used to take away whatever they were doing in the first half in the second half. Now there's nothing. We get hammered with the same plays for 4 quaarrters, with no halftime adjustments.

I just don't get it. What's changed? Sure there's some new players, lacking the experience of the SB champs but there's always new players in the NFL. Are our new guys that bad or are the offensive and defensive schemes at fault not allowing them to reach their potential?

coaching

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

They are toast.  Wet toast.

I had thought about six or seven weeks ago that they 50/50 to make the play-offs.  In light of the rebellion, lack of leadership, Brady's poor play, the stalled runnig game, the bad play calls, the terrible punting, the lack of TE production, Moss not fighting for the ball and Belichick making unwarranted play calls and mismanaging the clock and time-outs, how - I ask HOW - can this team even win two more games. 

This season is over.  You watch, too many players will just go through the motions. 

Let's hope they do as well this draft as they did last draft.  They will have to replace  Morris and Taylor (too oft injured), Kazcur, Springs, Light, Faulk and  Thomas (underperforming),  and maybe even Wilfork (contract) and Moss (losing interest).

They will also have to replace Pees and O'Brien.  They have not gotten skilled players to win for them or buy into their leadership/systems.  

This team will be good again, but not this year and probably not next year. It's clear they need a serious house cleaning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]They are toast.  Wet toast. I had thought about six or seven weeks ago that they 50/50 to make the play-offs.  In light of the rebellion, lack of leadership, Brady's poor play, the stalled runnig game, the bad play calls, the terrible punting, the lack of TE production, Moss not fighting for the ball and Belichick making unwarranted play calls and mismanaging the clock and time-outs, how - I ask HOW - can this team even win two more games.  This season is over.  You watch, too many players will just go through the motions.  Let's hope they do as well this draft as they did last draft.  They will have to replace  Morris and Taylor (too oft injured), Kazcur, Springs, Light, Faulk and  Thomas (underperforming),  and maybe even Wilfork (contract) and Moss (losing interest). They will also have to replace Pees and O'Brien.  They have not gotten skilled players to win for them or buy into their leadership/systems.   This team will be good again, but not this year and probably not next year. It's clear they need a serious house cleaning.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, and how could I forget poor tacklinig.  Why can't this team tackle with good technique?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'd be surprised if the Pats don't win the division, and depending upon whom they get in the first round, may even advance. As a fourth seed, if chalk prevails, that puts them at Indy in round two. Immediately following the Pats lost at Indy last month, I believed they could win a rematch. I no longer believe that. Something bizarre and unforseen is going to have to happen to get this team to the Super Bowl -- where one can only hope some fluke lottery winner like Dallas or Green Bay is waiting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The question I have asked, since game one, is: Can the Pats progress in the play-offs?

Let's face it, just plain hoping that lucky breaks will fall in their proverbial lap as they go through the motions is UNSAT(isfactory), indeed.  This is why I was harping on the poor play for the first 5 games.  That type of team won't last a game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: do the pats make the playoffs? : You're exactly right there. BB used to be the master of halftime adjustments, now there's nothing.  Same with the D. BB used to take away whatever they were doing in the first half in the second half. Now there's nothing. Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Pats have never been good at halftime adjustments.  Even go back to their glory days. 

BB came up with a genius game plan against the Rams in the Super Bowl, it worked perfectly, the Pats shot out to a big lead, then the Rams adjusted at half time, the Pats did not adjust, and the Rams came roaring back to time the game.

Of course, Brady/Vinateiri pulled the rabbit out of the hat in the last minute.

There have been a ton of games like that with the Pats over the years.  The difference has always been that someone on D makes a spectacular game saving play at the end to save the day.  Ty Law getting a pick, McGinest tackling the Colt RB on 4th and goal, etc etc. 

So I think it's a myth that BB has ever been good at in-game adjustments.  He's still a HOF coach, just not good at in-game changes.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats won't make the playoff because they aren't worthy of it. I see the Boston Globe doesn't like distraught fans. They have now stooped to deleting my posts.
    Posted by annoyedfan[/QUOTE]

"Fans" like yourself SHOULD be kicked off! Loyal fans dont jump ship at first sign of trouble!
    Pats will make the playoffs and we'll see your attitude then.....back on the bandwagon i'd say. Stick and support with the team we all love!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Winning can cure a lot of ills. Ya'll may be surprised who has a big game on defense; let's just say he hates BB and  now knows he's playing for a contract and his pride....hummmm.....if I'm right everyone (even the Globe/Herald hacks) will be singing BB praises for remotivating the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Miami is the key to all of this.  They play Jax, Ten, Hous, and Pitt.  All these teams are fighting for the wildcard right now.

Jests could also be sneaking up.  They play TB, ATL, Indy and Cincy.  Both Indy and Cincy will probaly sitting starters by then while the jests are fighting for a wildcard spot.

Bottom line Pats HAVE to WIN the rest of thier games.