Do the Steelers even need Roethlisberger??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Do the Steelers even need Roethlisberger??

I was just checking out the highlights from around the NFL, and I see the Steelers just demolishied Tampa Bay 38-13 using geriatric 4th stringer Charle Batch. On top of that, their running game seems to be much improved from last season, and their defense somehow may be even more nasty than usual.

I know it is early in the season, but these guys are looking like the team to beat.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Do the Steelers even need Roethlisberger??

Not as long as they keep playing High School caliber teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Steelers even need Roethlisberger??:
    [QUOTE]Not as long as they keep playing High School caliber teams.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

What "High School caliber" teams are you referring to?

They stuffed the Titans, who clobbered the Giants this week. They beat Atlanta, who just defeated reining champs the Saints.

Meanwhile, we struggled today against the bottom-of-the-barrel Bills.

Like I said, it is early in the season, but I think my question is pretty valid at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Tcal I'm glad you said this, that about sums it up. they did squeak by Atlanta though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As long as Dick LeBeau is calling the plays the Steelers could have a trained monkey back there and they would win games. In fact, they won two SBs with a trained monkey as their QB in '05 and '08.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]As long as Dick LeBeau is calling the plays the Steelers could have a trained monkey back there and they would win games. In fact, they won two SBs with a trained monkey as their QB in '05 and '08.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Well, Roethlisberger is a little smarter than a trained monkey. LOL.

Agree with you about Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau. That man is money in the bank when it comes to defense. Probably the greatest/smartest defensive coach in the history of the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Steelers just vaulted to #2 in my power ratings today, behind Green Bay. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree with you Mike-J-D, but your giving our offensive cordinator too much credit, It's more like 4 plays!...lol! It's far too early in the season to be picking favorite's right now. A lot of games come down to a few big plays. Sometimes being 13-3 could easily be 5-11 in this league anymore. And Injuries, they will play a big factor. Losing Welker last year like you did, was a game-changer. Tom Brady might be the leader, but Welker is the heart & soul. I also think teams don't throw enough, especially on first down against the Steelers. Polamalu has made a big difference, but I still think the Steeler cornerbacks play way too far off the receivers, and are weak against the quick pass. As for Ben, I'm glad their winning without him. He had a pretty good year last season, but our defense was awful.  You would have to say that the AFC East is the toughest Division right now. Even though Miami lost to the Jets last night, they look like they have improved, and they just may have finally found a QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think the Steelers question will be if Tomlin can keep Ben from wanting to throw as much as he has the past few years. With Mendenhall and the best defense in the league they should be able to control T.O.P and really make it tough for teams to score points. Other then that I would say the Steelers have kind of been forgotten by a lot of people and I for one am scarred shiteless to play them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do the Steelers even need Roethlisberger?? : What "High School caliber" teams are you referring to? They stuffed the Titans, who clobbered the Giants this week. They beat Atlanta, who just defeated reining champs the Saints. Meanwhile, we struggled today against the bottom-of-the-barrel Bills. Like I said, it is early in the season, but I think my question is pretty valid at this point.
    Posted by CarveMaster[/QUOTE]
    He's obviously a fu cking homer. Brady will be in a horizontal position the entire game excluding the ambulance gurney. Pats should have fun with this high school caliber team. Right. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]As long as Dick LeBeau is calling the plays the Steelers could have a trained monkey back there and they would win games. In fact, they won two SBs with a trained monkey as their QB in '05 and '08.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    and what type of primate QB'd your SBs? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]the only thing that matters from the QB in Pittsburgh is to not give the game away.  the Steelers QB (whoever it is) is given the keys to a sports car and told "don't wreck this". they play tough defense and their offensive playbook is like 10 plays.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]
    10 plays and no one can stop them? must be great execution />

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Amazing that the 3 high school caliber teams have winning records.  Does that make the rest of NFL Pop Warner caliber teams?  This is a stupid and uninformed post.  ATL is a very good team, Tenn is a middle of the road potential play-off caliber team, and TB was a 3-0 team playing at home. 

After 3 weeks Pitt looks like the most impressive team in the NFL, my guess is the Bills would not drop 30 on them.