Do we care that Randy Moss may be a Jet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Do we care that Randy Moss may be a Jet

I love Randy Moss and wasnt one of the people insisting that they get this guy out of New England.  I do think, however, that this guys best days are far behind him and dont think Sanchez is a good QB to pair with Moss.  For me I think id be more scorned by a former Pats star going to the enemy than scared of the Jets getting an unstoppable weapon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Do we care that Randy Moss may be a Jet

I like Moss and would welcome him back in a reduced role.

But, other than in New England, Moss didn't help his teams win.
    w/ NE   3-1
    w/ Minn 1-3
    w/ Tenn 1-7
    I wouldn't care if he landed with the Jets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Nope.

Past his prime and has lost a step. I love what Randy has done for us but hes going to tear that team apart. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Hes done even for the jets its a risk to pick him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

I wouldn't be scared of him  going to the Jets but I would defiantly hate it. He would give lots of useful info on us but BB knows him enough to shut him down. The way he loved on us at his press conference with Minn I don't think he would go with the Jets knowing how much our Pats hate them. I wouldnt mind him coming back for cheap...on a 1 yr contract. We have Welker,Branch,Tate and Taylor Price plus all our tight ends....I wouldnt mind Moss with that bunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Do we care that Randy Moss may be a Jet:
    Nope. Past his prime and has lost a step. I love what Randy has done for us but hes going to tear that team apart. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I hear what you're saying, but if Rexy could hold that team together with the conglomeration of miscreants that have occupied it, I can't see Moss doing anything that would tear it apart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The reason why I don't see it working is because of philosophy changes. The Jets rarely throw deep and yet they'd get Randy Moss, a guy that doesn't run over the middle or block well for running plays?

Clearly, it's the Jets reaching and trying to get any and every big name that might, just might land them in the Super Bowl. I think it's a move that spells desperation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i wouldn't like to see him go to the jets but i don't think he would help the jets significantly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Do we care that Randy Moss may be a Jet : I hear what you're saying, but if Rexy could hold that team together with the conglomeration of miscreants that have occupied it, I can't see Moss doing anything that would tear it apart.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

Its different though as Randy has played here and will always have really deep relationships here since we revived his career.

Look what happened last year when we were playing the Vikings. Hes dropping F bombs at the coaches and then after the game praises how great we are as a team and a organization then gets cut due to lingering locker room issues. That was with a team he loved and cared for and he did that.

The Jets? Lol

Sanchez doesn't get him the ball, the offense isn't being run or whatever Randy will flip. If the Pats sweep the Jets or they don't make the playoffs Randy would flip. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

It's hard to be scared of a bullet without a gun. Randy Moss w/out a decent QB is hardly a threat anymore

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

My only fear is that he might just be motivated enough for one season to cause some damage before he ages before our eyes

But the negatives have been documented already:
    - /> Sanchez can't throw deep
    - /> Moss has lost a step
    - /> Moss doesn't run short or intermediate routes
    - /> Moss doesn't block hard all the time for run plays and the Jets run a lot
    - /> Moss's personality could add fuel to the fire in that locker room
    - /> Sanchez's development could be harmed by Moss demanding the ball

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think it will be great. Moss will get inside Sanchez's head and have him forcing the ball deep into double coverage every couple of tosses. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSFANNC. Show PATSFANNC's posts

Moss was in Providence on the 29th, source: flightaware.com, registration number:N-706SA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I hope Moss is a Jet, in the same sense that I hoped the Jets would draft Vernon Gholston. 

Minnesota gave the Patriots a third round pick for Moss, then Minny kicked Moss out the door because they needed that 53rd roster spot for someone who could play.  I think that Moss will be healthy (for an old football player) in training camp (however short) and at the very start of the season, and then with wear and tear he'll probably go downhill kind of fast.  A lockout season is ideal for an older, experienced player with considerable injury concerns.

Moss needs to protect those injuries, but Rex Ryan will abuse Moss like he abused Revis Island last year, extending Revis's hammy injury a lot longer than he should have.  Revis was rushed right onto the field after his holdout and injured his hamstring, and then Rex wanted full value out of Revis so Revis went out until he got injured again and again, same hammy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Moss was in Providence on the 29th, source: flightaware.com, registration number:N-706SA
    Posted by PATSFANNC

i hope this is true, because right now it is illegal for a team/coach/GM to talk to a player. And the jets could then be fined a pick for tempering.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I doubt it would ever happen but I'd love it if it did. Sanchez isn't very effective deep and doesn't usually go there unless he's in trouble.....then he heaves it up there for Edwards.
    Moss would only be a distraction, much like the interest the Jets say they have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

Sanchez is not a bad QB, but I don't see the connection between him and Moss. Moss is the type of guy who will pick the QB to play with rather than going for the team.

Sections
Shortcuts