Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?

Or do we go with the new tandem of BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead, hoping they're not flashes in the pan?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?

Absolutely. Taylor is gone next year, probably Morris too. We need depth at RB desperately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

As long as the first 3 picks look something like, OT, OG, DE I'll be happy.  Although the 2nd and 3rd picks may very well be back to back (thanks Carolina :-) )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Agreed, wr is set & we can pick up a RB in FA....line help on both sides with 3 of the first 4 picks(I'm guessing one will be traded for next years draft) I could also see Bill taking another DB as well...& in the   4th-7th add depth with potential role players & sleepers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Also, I do not in any way believe BJGE & Woodhead are "Flash in the pan" type players....can't believe you said that, have you been watching the games??!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

D-Line, LB, anything on D...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Yes on the RB .... 64th pick I'd love to see the Pats take DeMarco Murray. His skill set is a great fit with what Law Firm and Woody do and don't do.  He is a great receiving back (+60 rec'd 2010) and fast enough to sweep the ends ... all the things Maroney was supposed to do but... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BJGE and Woody have done a great job for this team but I think if there's RB value to be had in the 3rd or 4th round (or even later) then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see BB grab a RB in that range.  I don't see him drafting a back in rounds 1 or 2 unless he sees it as exceptional value.  Then again, who on this board figured BB would draft a CB in round 1 of this year's draft?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would say perhaps in the 3rd round depending on where was there. Our 1sts and 2nds should be reserved for trading into next, filling out/upgrading the OL & DL, and possibly grabbing a OLB and/or another CB. I am putting WR and RB down on my list of to-do's in the offseason...of course depends on BB views Tate&Price as these 2 are the big ?'s at the WR position, young and seem as though have potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

How about Richardson, rb from Alabama? Maybe 3rd round ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, we draft a couple to replace sammy morris, faulk and taylor.

BJGE and Woody remain as the starters

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

In Response to Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?:
    [QUOTE]Sure. Taylor is ancient, and so is Morris. I could see NE grabbing someone, but it would be wasteful to grab someone in the first or even second. There is no guarantee any of the RBs there will be as good as BJGE or Woodhead, and in drafting them that high you are essentially committing to giving them reps that would rob Benny or Danny. I could see NE picking up a journeyman and one drafted RB in the 3rd or 4th or more likely day two or UDFA.  One name that seems to fit with the gap Ne has in the RB crew is Mikel Leshoure. He should be available on the day one, day two swing, and has size and an very uncharacteristic ability to catch and run for a man of that size. He is a bit raw, and might not come out, but if he does he could be a great project to pick up based on his physical ability and what he adds to the table, which would be a bruiser with a true home run 5th gear.   Tolbert and McClain look guys that could fill a spot too in FA.  But my jaw would hit the floor if Ne picked a runner in the first two rounds.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Just saw Illinois game,Mikel Leshoure looked great, would be a great pick up.
    I see us trading down our 33rd pick for later pick in 2nd round.Hope he is still availiable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

According to CBS sports the Patriots will draft Mark ingram in the first round. I would prefer Demarco Murray but then again i don't have a say in who the patriots draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Leshoure looked like a beast last night.  I hope we get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

YESS!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]How about Richardson, rb from Alabama? Maybe 3rd round ?
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Trent Richardson is only a Sophmore, so He will be back in Alabama at least one more year....Ingram (Alabama) is likely entering the draft and should be taken in the 1st round. He would be a Great addition to most rosters in the NFL..Ingram's running style has been compared to Emmit Smith throughout his 3 years in Alabama.. He's Strong, great vision, can break tackles, and he too doesnt fumble..I think he is going to be a great back in the NFL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]According to CBS sports the Patriots will draft Mark ingram in the first round. I would prefer Demarco Murray but then again i don't have a say in who the patriots draft.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

But then again, CBS Sports doesn't have a say in who we draft either Tongue out

Thanks to the emergence of BJGE (finally) and Woody, RB isn't a huge need.  We basically have 2 spots to fill through FA and the draft (backup HB and FB) and then we can bring in some undrafted guys to compete for the 5th RB spot.

O-Line is a huge need, with 2011 likely being Neal's last season (retirement plans) and the possible departures of Mankins and Light.  Koppen will be entering the final year of his deal as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I think we could still use a RB and #33 might be the right place to take Leshoure.    
    When people talk about Ingram being the next Emmitt, I have flashbacks to the last time we took a RB in the first.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

And the 33rd pick is really that much better than taking a RB in the first round?  Especially considering we could possibly have #32 and #33?  I could see your point if you were proposing we take someone in the lower part of the 2nd round or beyond that, but saying that picking a RB at 33 is fine but 1st round gives you pause just doesn't make sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Dont wanna say it, but We really should draft a solid prospect in the earlier rounds...While I do like the production we get from Law Firm and Woody, we dont know who is coming back next season with the older guys, and if one of these two go down with an injury, where do u turn?? I wouldn't count on Faulk (after the injury this year), or Taylor and Morris staying healthy either...A solid Back can only help the team, and I dont know why everyone is soo against adding a possible homerun threat to the backfield..its not like we dont have 8 picks in the first 4 Rounds or anything lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Bb will do what he always does take the best player availaible

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

What RB will be free agents at the end of this year?  Maybe they can find someone that way rather then thru the draft.  Or maybe trade a pick for a proven back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hi Phatty Rex!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]What RB will be free agents at the end of this year?  Maybe they can find someone that way rather then thru the draft.  Or maybe trade a pick for a proven back.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE] Maybe BB gives Carolina a call and asks them what it would cost for Deangelo Williams? For what it's worth offer them the Patriots second round pick,not the one they gave us....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year? : Maybe BB gives Carolina a call and asks them what it would cost for Deangelo Williams? For what it's worth offer them the Patriots second round pick,not the one they gave us....
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Probably too much payroll

Sections
Shortcuts