Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?

Deangelo Williams is a FA so Carolina won't be asking for much I assume.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year?:
    [QUOTE]Dont wanna say it, but We really should draft a solid prospect in the earlier rounds...While I do like the production we get from Law Firm and Woody, we dont know who is coming back next season with the older guys, and if one of these two go down with an injury, where do u turn?? I wouldn't count on Faulk (after the injury this year), or Taylor and Morris staying healthy either...A solid Back can only help the team, and I dont know why everyone is soo against adding a possible homerun threat to the backfield..its not like we dont have 8 picks in the first 4 Rounds or anything lol
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Actually, we only have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds (traded a 4th to Seattle for Branch).  We have bigger needs than RB, although that could change depending on what we do in FA.  I agree that we need to add a couple RB's and I wouldn't be surprised if 1 ends up being drafted in the first 3 rounds, but based on our current needs unless there was good value RB isn't a priority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I say pickup Ronnie Brown from FA.  He is still young.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I say pickup Ronnie Brown from FA.  He is still young.
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

I actually think Brown would be a really good fit depending on the contract he's looking for.  He's good at catching out of the back field (30+ receptions every year since 2005 except for 2009 when he only played 9 games).  Seems like a good backup RB to have.  His rushing production has been down a bit over the last couple years, he's only broken 720 yards once the last 4 seasons so that could bring his price tag into our range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I'd like to see them draft a big bruising full back which is something we don't have now except when BB has a lineman in the backfield on occasion.

Other than that I see BJGE and Woodhead doing just fine down the road. Neither is a fluke. They are talented and given the chance now they are showing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Sure. Taylor is ancient, and so is Morris. I could see NE grabbing someone, but it would be wasteful to grab someone in the first or even second. There is no guarantee any of the RBs there will be as good as BJGE or Woodhead, and in drafting them that high you are essentially committing to giving them reps that would rob Benny or Danny. I could see NE picking up a journeyman and one drafted RB in the 3rd or 4th or more likely day two or UDFA.  One name that seems to fit with the gap Ne has in the RB crew is Mikel Leshoure. He should be available on the day one, day two swing, and has size and an very uncharacteristic ability to catch and run for a man of that size. He is a bit raw, and might not come out, but if he does he could be a great project to pick up based on his physical ability and what he adds to the table, which would be a bruiser with a true home run 5th gear.   Tolbert and McClain look guys that could fill a spot too in FA.  But my jaw would hit the floor if Ne picked a runner in the first two rounds.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do we draft a RB in first three rounds in draft next year? : Maybe BB gives Carolina a call and asks them what it would cost for Deangelo Williams? For what it's worth offer them the Patriots second round pick,not the one they gave us....
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Deangelo Williams will be a free agent,unless Carolina franchises him.So why give up a draft choice when we can have him for nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They will draft a RB next year.  I seriously doubt it will be before the 3rd round.  There may be a serviceable vet or two with a few good years left to help take the load off of BJGE (a health Portis?).  I think the trenches are due for an overhaul, especially DE/DT, and I'm sure the OL will be addressed early.